PS Plus May IGC

filplacido

9 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Aren't all the complainers every month cynical by nature? Just varying degrees of it.

Doesn't make it any less amusing though.

It depends on what you class as complainers. I think the average complaints aren't very cynical, but those who complain about the complainers tend to be more cynical.

• Like 2

Huh, not bad. I've beaten TFTB already, but Abzu looks good - for some reason, I thought it was first-person, so I've been ignoring it. Must've mixed it up with some other game on PC.

Might try out Type:Rider and Blood Knights, Port Royale could be decent. I'm not touching Laser Disco Defenders unless you can turn off the screen shake. Yikes.

Wouldn't have minded giving Alienation a try, but oh well.

Heavy on the short games this month, though. Four <10 hour games for NA, not counting whatever LDD is?  :huh:

It seems like a pretty good month, more so for EU people in my opinion. From my understanding, ABZU is basically a "try hard" Journey. I'm not particularly interested in those kinds of games anyway.

Tales from the Borderlands is great. One of the better Telltale games in my opinion. I'd recommend people checking it out, even if you're not a fan of the main Borderlands games. I've already played that, but I don't own Alienation, so that's pretty cool. It looks fun.

As for the rest of the games, I've never even heard of them, so eh.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Heavy on the short games this month, though. Four <10 hour games for NA, not counting whatever LDD is?  :huh:

That's actually a benefit for me because it lets me focus on completing longer games that I already had scheduled to play. I'm looking at you Persona 5 & Valkyria Chronicles

3 minutes ago, Terra said:

That's actually a benefit for me because it lets me focus on completing longer games that I already had scheduled to play. I'm looking at you Persona 5 & Valkyria Chronicles

Yeah, they're certainly handy times to just sneak in between other things. Just seems a little unusual that it's leaning so heavily that way.

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

Aren't all the complainers every month cynical by nature? Just varying degrees of it.

Doesn't make it any less amusing though.

What ever floats your boat I suppose. I just asked a question about a game and people responded. No one stated they were facts nor were they complaining.  Just using the purpose of a forum to post info and discuss. 

Tales from the Borderlands is hands down the best Telltale game. The humor, characters and setting was so fantastic. Even if you haven't played Borderlands, this is a winner. Which also means I got it already but oh well. Alienation is a lot of fun too and as a big Housemarque fan I bought it early. Abzu would have been more for me so I'm a little disappointed that NA gets that instead. Either way, this is a good month and makes up a little tiny bit for the absolute garbage we have been getting all year! 

• Like 1

• Alienation (PS4): Too bad I don't get Abzu, that one was on my wish list. Did not know anything about Alienation, did a bit of digging online and I'll put it on my backlog list even though I'm usually not that into twin stick shooters like this.
  • Tales from the Borderlands (PS4): Bought it when the series was still going on. Pretty much the funniest Telltale game out there.
  • Blood Knights (PS3): I knew nothing about this one, did some digging online and I don't think I'll be putting it on my backlog list.
  • Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants (PS3): I knew nothing about this one, did some digging online and it's not my type of game so pass.
  • Laser Disco Defenders (PS Vita): Don't have a Vita any more so not even going to check what this one is about.
  • Type: Rider (PS Vita): I bought the PS4 version in the sale a month ago and I can very much recommend it, fun platformer.

All in all, not an exciting month for me. Though I have Tales From The Borderlands already and I think it's a fun game. I hope many people enjoy this month's offer, that makes it easier for me not to be annoyed there's not much for me in it.

Ah well, my backlog is big enough anyway. Guess I'll go finish Tearaway Unfolded or something.

I'll put Alienation on my backlog list though, might prove fun. I see that @StrickenBiged likes to have Alienation so I think I'll bug him with starting a group to play it together with.

3 hours ago, Jibril said:

Probably just chapter 1 (which is already free for everyone) like they did with King's Quest.

Actually the first chapter is already free, and with King's Quest it was on PS+ before the other chapters were released. Telltale has put a full season on PS+ before. Edit: never mind, noticed after posting that there's been much more posts since I started writing this one (watching Archer at the same time) and it's been thoroughly talked about already.

Edited by BillyHorrible

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, well...

Nope.

Also, next time, please mark shared games as shared, I was actually mildly pleased it would be a month with 2 Vita games only to realize it's only one again.

It's not though, both Vita titles are Vita only, no cross-buy with other platforms. But hey, nice to know that non-Vita owners getting less games pleases you.

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:
  • Laser Disco Defenders (PS Vita): Don't have a Vita any more so not even going to check what this one is about.

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's not though, both Vita titles are Vita only, no cross-buy with other platforms. But hey, nice to know that non-Vita owners getting less games pleases you.

According to the PS Blog post they are both Cross-Buy. That's the NA blog so I guess it could be different for EU but I wouldn't think so.

Looked up a couple of minutes of gameplay for Laser Disco Defenders and I'm still not sure what it's about. Appears to be a rogue-lite (if you die you start from beginning, random generated levels) and bullet hell or shoot em up type of game with neon colors in a space setting. 

Oh wow, i had gotten Tales from the Borderlands like a month ago from a sale, at least it was just $5! Definitely recommend it for those who haven't played it, but you may want to play both Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel before that, as there are occasions where they'll mention something or someone and you'll have no idea what they mean by it, so you'll basically miss the joke/point of that dialogue.

29 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

But hey, nice to know that non-Vita owners getting less games pleases you.

Of course it does! :awesome: 

And I'm pretty sure we have already had this discussion and I made this pretty obvious =D

29 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's not though, both Vita titles are Vita only, no cross-buy with other platforms.

Unless we are now getting wrong PS4 tags, at least LDD cross-buy is.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5119-laser-disco-defenders

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Type: Rider is definitely cross buy. I bought the PS4 version a while back and the PSVita version is free for me to download (I think I already have it on my Vita).

The trophy lists are also separate.