Call of Duty: WWII - Reveal Trailer

HeySumbode

49 minutes ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

That is not true; all you had to do was look at how the previous Call of Duty games have been selling to understand that a change needed to be made. Not to mention fans were complaining every chance they could saying that the futuristic stuff was getting old. The last Sledgehammer COD was released in Nov. 2014 so this game was in development long before any BF 1 trailer or release. 

I was making a joke. Easy to make jokes on Call of Duty since the developers seem so desperate to make their games become the next "Michael Bay" explosive hit, which we see far too often from Hollywood these days.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Call of Duty developers saw Battlefield 1 and thought "Hey lets bring our franchise back to it's roots with World War II".

CoD games have a three year development cycle, so this game has been in development since Advanced Warfare was released. While it may not have started as a WWII title all the way back then, I'm sure they decided what direction to go in long before Battlefield 1 was released.

Parker 

wont preorder, wont get overly excited but... it does peek my interest.. it's definitely wait and see what it's like when it gets released. If there are zombies or something like it, will skip it for sure but i admit the WWII aspect interests me a lot. Just hope there is actually a decent campaign and not the generic emotionless missions.. anywho just glad it's not future nonsense this year

Ain't that Josh Duhamel?

I'm a sucker for WWII stuff so I am definitely interested in the single player at least (which is really all COD is good at nowadays in my opinion).

Plus I like the fact that there's no health regeneration this time around, going back to medkits, me likey.

I don't remember when was the last time since I was interested in any of the Call of Duty games but this one actually made me pretty curious about it, especially since it's placed during one of my favorite time periods. But well even so it's still too early for me to be actually excited about it and go running making pre-order, I need more details and some more gameplay.

Such a generic uninspired trailer and game feeling, just meh. I pass. It doesn't matter which direction Activi$ion and its studios take, even going back to WW2, nothing will bring me back to buy another future Call of Duty. I gave up after Black Ops 1.

I mean, it's still overpriced MP season pass, short Solo Campaign and Zombie modes overused to the bones for years straight... and it will come for WW2 again! Do something different for once! Put Survival against armed enemies or Spec Ops for once! But NOPE, as long sheeps buy CoD by millions, Activi$ion will still be lazy and lay on their $$$.

P.S. WHEN does CoD:MW Remastered (the best CoD!!!) release STAND-ALONE?!?!?! I want this Platinum trophy I always waited for...

Edited by Maxie the Mouse
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Such generic uninspired trailer and game feeling, just meh. I pass. It doesn't matter which direction Activi$ion and its studios take, even going back to WW2, nothing will bring me back to buy another future Call of Duty. I gave up after Black Ops 1.

I mean, it's still overpriced MP season pass, short Solo Campaign and Zombie modes overused to the bones for years straight... and it will come for WW2 again! Be original Activi$ion or do something different for once for the fans! But NOPE, as long sheeps buy CoD by millions, Activi$ion will still be lazy and lay on their $$$.

P.S. WHEN does CoD:MW Remastered (the best CoD!!!) release STAND-ALONE?!?!?! I want this Platinum trophy I always waited for...

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. I don't understand how you can tell them to be original. I mean, they create first-person war-based shooters, how many different options do they have? It's either futuristic, modern, or historic war-like material, there isn't many other options. What are they going to make a Call of Duty set in Mesopotamia during 4 B.C and have you throw rocks at each other? Next, you imply that Activision only worries about money but you fail to understand that money is the sole reason any gaming companies even exist, whether you believe it or not.  You clearly do not understand business if you think they would scrap their guaranteed 1 billion dollars to "be original". I have been a huge critic of Activision and have not played a game since BO2, but this is what the fans asked for and they appear to be delivering. 

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

There was a few attempts at a long ass post by me, but ultimately it boiled down to this

Fuck it. Just do Modern Warfare 4.

I would be willing to bet money that is what Infinity Wards next game will be. They made a big mistake by not making MW4 earlier.

Yeah, it's a bit cliche and generic. That's what makes me wonder if they really had this game in three years of development, or just scrapped whatever they been doing and threw all resources to salvage what they could to at very least please the CoD or FPS audience in general after BF1 exploded and IW inploded...

Edited by zettlock

On 4/26/2017 at 2:59 PM, Ratchet said:

Their desperation is showing and it's so fucking obvious. They have the name of the setting in the title of the game for fucks sake. 

Unlike Battlefield 1 it looks like this game is pretty much Michael Baying WW2. Can't say I'm interested at all. Trailer did nothing for me. 

Just wondering, what is so good about Battlefield 1? All i hear people say is how great of a game it is meanwhile i have had it since launch and all i see when i play it is a buggy, unbalanced and unpolished game. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 1:20 PM, xZoneHunter said:

Can the trailer get anymore generic?

I mean it's great to see they've listened to their fans, but i can't believe how anyone can get excited over this trailer. Guess i'm just out of the Call of Duty loop.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:59 PM, Ratchet said:

Their desperation is showing and it's so fucking obvious. They have the name of the setting in the title of the game for fucks sake. 

Unlike Battlefield 1 it looks like this game is pretty much Michael Baying WW2. Can't say I'm interested at all. Trailer did nothing for me. 

I'm surprised it took that many replies to comment on the name, because that was my first thought. Generic trailer for a generic title. :)

CoD isn't for me - I stopped after MW2. I am not a multiplayer gamer and I've gotten bored of shooters. The last one I enjoyed was Wolfenstein New Order (which seems appropriate since Wolfenstein 3D was my first shooter). I'm not going to piss in people's cereal for being excited about this game though. Anyway, it does seem like its a smart move to go back to WW2 since that's what fans liked the most.

Honestly I mostly wanted to comment on the most generic game name of all time. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm surprised it took that many replies to comment on the name, because that was my first thought. Generic trailer for a generic title. :)

CoD isn't for me - I stopped after MW2. I am not a multiplayer gamer and I've gotten bored of shooters. The last one I enjoyed was Wolfenstein New Order (which seems appropriate since Wolfenstein 3D was my first shooter). I'm not going to piss in people's cereal for being excited about this game though. Anyway, it does seem like its a smart move to go back to WW2 since that's what fans liked the most.

Honestly I mostly wanted to comment on the most generic game name of all time. :P

The name being so bad is the reason why I thought all the leaks were fake.  I guess they are making absolutely sure people know thee next cod is set in WW2. If you couldn't tell from the box art you can definitely tell from the name lol. 

Edited by Ratchet

2 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The trailer just didn't show anything to be excited for in my opinion. Just some flashy 'gameplay' segments of D-Day. I've played D-Day in a number of games, just because it looks nice, doesn't mean that i can get excited over it. But CoD reveal trailers are always like this.

I hope they can complement it by a compelling story and gameplay just like World at War did. 

• Like 1