Night trap coming to PS4

The somewhat controversial game in some people's eyes is getting a release on the PS4 to celebrate its 25 anniversary https://www.(URL not allowed)/n11319/night-trap-gets-a-25th-anniversary-edition

there will be a physicial edition exclusive through limited run games with there being 3 different covers 

039817.jpg

039816.jpg

It will be releasing on PS4 sometime this spring 

• Like 3

It's pretty funny how this game was considered controversial back in the 90's. By today's standard, the "infamous" bathroom scene is so tame.

This is the scene for anyone who didn't know.

I really hope there's a trophy in reference to the controversy. :lol: I might have to play this at some point. It looks like it could be fun.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's pretty funny how this game was considered controversial back in the 90's. By today's standard, the "infamous" bathroom scene is so tame.

I can't imagine how this scene would have been controversial back then. But then again in Belgium we don't have these American like conservatives or at least not as extreme, lol.

Night Trap was one of those controversial games along with Mortal Kombat and Wolfenstein 3D in 1992. But unlike those two games and DOOM, Night Trap has mostly been forgotten by the vast majority of gamers.

Though I reckon those who will be playing this title for the PS4 weren't even born yet when it was initially released back in the day. 25 years is a long time, and 1992 was the year I started playing video games. I never got a chance to play Night Trap because I was just a little kid, and I did not have a Sega CD. I wasn't allowed to play anything explicit back then, but to tell you all a little story, I used to play games like Duke Nukem 3D when I wasn't even half the age of the ESRB rating. Of course, without the parents seeing me play.

Looking forward to Night Trap. Maybe it could start a small following.

For some bizarre reason, I mixed this game and Phantasmagoria up (the latter is way more gruesome and has a couple of scenes that were pretty controversial)  I think it's because I was watching a Twitch stream recently of someone playing.

Would probably pick up and play Night Trap, if I remember correctly it's kind of corny horror.

due to it's *Realistic* graphics and visuals and mature content at the time I heard that this game caused a lots of controversy and is the reason why the ratings system for video games exist today or something like that.

compared to today's standard it looks really funny and so child friendly, like if there was an option (called cute ponies and rainbow island) been turned ON.

On ٢٧‏/٤‏/٢٠١٧ at 7:39 AM, I Am Error said:

The somewhat controversial game in some people's eyes is getting a release on the PS4 to celebrate its 25 anniversary https://www.(URL not allowed)/n11319/night-trap-gets-a-25th-anniversary-edition

there will be a physicial edition exclusive through limited run games with there being 3 different covers 

039817.jpg

039816.jpg

It will be releasing on PS4 sometime this spring 

I really loved the two physical copy boxes at the top, it have that classic Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn feel to it.

4 minutes ago, Rach said:

For some bizarre reason, I mixed this game and Phantasmagoria up (the latter is way more gruesome and has a couple of scenes that were pretty controversial)  I think it's because I was watching a Twitch stream recently of someone playing.

Wouldn't happen to be "whadhebreak" twitch channel would it? 

I will never forget Phantasmagoria. In both a good and bad way lol. I want my ringtone to be for my family "The House Beckons" lmao. 

Phantasmagoria 2 was disappointing, but there's 1 scene that is just A+

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddySquareDinosaurCopyThis

You never see it coming lol 

Can't wait to see what night trap has in store for my memories lol

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Wouldn't happen to be "whadhebreak" twitch channel would it? 

I will never forget Phantasmagoria. In both a good and bad way lol. I want my ringtone to be for my family "The House Beckons" lmao. 

Phantasmagoria 2 was disappointing, but there's 1 scene that is just A+

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddySquareDinosaurCopyThis

You never see it coming lol 

Can't wait to see what night trap has in store for my memories lol

Yeah, Phantasmagoria 2 was really disappointing. The first one was pretty tense with some good splatter if you didn't do a sequence correctly.  As well, I feel some of its scenes would be considered much more controversial than anything Night Trap put forward.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Lol I call bs! I was watching too! 

He's actually part of our small destiny clan as well 

He's streaming layers of fear Wednesday, can't wait! 

Was it you then that posted a status here advertising the Twitch stream?  I couldn't remember if it was you or Masa (it was quite a while ago)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rach said:

Was it you then that posted a status here advertising the Twitch stream?  I couldn't remember if it was you or Masa (it was quite a while ago)

Oh ya it was! I didn't think anyone actually clicked it let alone watched the game though! :highfive:

That's awesome! 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The point was that congress looked at that scene out of context and believed the whole game to be similar. They didn't consider that you are actually supposed to save them, and thus not see these scenes at all.

But anything was tame at that time, it was just that there were no age restrictions on games, so they simply had to put their foot down when the quality got good enough to see what actually happened on sceeen. It's not a bad thing that there are age restrictions today rather than none at all.

• Like 1