Big game huh?

Precise--Rhythm

Yes, it's a big game. I mean it's a JRPG. That's kind of what they're known for. :P 

Has it taken its toll on me? No, why would it be? The game is fantastic. I'm enjoying every second of it and I'll be sad when it's finally over.

I hope I've answered all your questions to your liking. Have a good day. :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yes, it's a big game. I mean it's a JRPG. That's kind of what they're known for. :P 

Has it taken its toll on me? No, why would it be? The game is fantastic. I'm enjoying every second of it and I'll be sad when it's finally over.

I hope I've answered all your questions to your liking. Have a good day. :P

At temple, we have to hand out Yamakas and Talismans to all of our Jewish brothers and sisters. Serving Jewish prayer services is grueling but noble work. Persona 5 is grueling but noble work. At times you have a duty and you feel great about it but it still doesn't detract from the fact that its grueling.

9 minutes ago, Zozobobo57 said:

At temple, we have to hand out Yamakas and Talismans to all of our Jewish brothers and sisters. Serving Jewish prayer services is grueling but noble work. Persona 5 is grueling but noble work. At times you have a duty and you feel great about it but it still doesn't detract from the fact that its grueling.

Sorry, what are you on about :blink:? I thought we were talking about a game here.

Its certainly keeping me from sleeping. I'll get to the point where I'm like "better go to bed man, you have work tomorrow" but then someone else will IM me in-game and I'll be like "okay well I should really go hang out with that person" and before I know it I have spent another week in-game. 

It's just so enjoyable!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sorry, what are you on about :blink:? I thought we were talking about a game here.

I'm saying that sometimes your duty can be grueling work, and Persona 5 has been quite grueling. The game has too much story in my opinion, but the gameplay makes up for it. Sometimes its overwhelming, but as the Hebrew scholar Maimonides once said 'duty is a task to be done, unwillingly at worst, and unwillingly at best.'

If you consider Persona 5 a grueling work, Hebrew scholar Maimondes might have some bad news for you. Why even attend such an unwilling task? Martyrdom isnt praised these days.

Seriously, though, it's hard to burnout in newer Persona games. Being able to alternate between battle and social aspects with slow pacement story keeps the game fresh for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

My dog Ralph likes walks at the beach on a sunny day. He has always been a walker right from a puppy. His personal favourite are walks at the beach on a sunny day. Sometimes he even likes to go twice. Walking Ralph twice on a sunny day at the beach can be gruelling but I know he respects me for it. It is gruelling but noble work.

Edit : Ralph enjoys watching Persona 5

LMAO! There should be an award titled PSNP Post of the Week. You'd be guaranteed to win it this week! 

• Like 1

The game was a blast! Even at 90 hours. I feel the story sort of tapered off toward the end and the cast of supporting character grew gradually weaker as the game progressed (in my opinion). I can sympathize with people complaining about the dungeons too. It's by no means a perfect game. But the addicting gameplay elements, namely persona fusions and social life management add a great amount of variety to the game. If they ironed out some of the pacing issues I think it would be an even more stellar title but it's worth every hour.

My first playthrough took 116 hours, and I still felt like it ended too soon. That's also the longest it's ever taken me to complete a single player game. I started NG+ only a few days after beating it the first time, which is something I've rarely done with other games.

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Naaah... not really... not at all.

(Says the guy who was playing 10-15 hours per day and put around 140 hours within 2 weeks :awesome:)

Same here.. (In my free days I was also putting some 12+ hours into the game even working and even in the days that I was working I was putting some 4-5 hours into the game..luckily this past 3 weeks had some holidays in them.. and the next one too!), still didn't finished the game, just got to the last day in 124 hours with all but 3 s-links maxed (2 at rank 9 and 1 at rank 7.. all 3 require some social stats maxed halfway and I kind of ignored maxing those until late game because I was working on other S-links), not bad since I was playing without a guide!

Will try to finish it this weekend and then jump to NG+, since I had plan to make this my 150th plat (and I'm not even remotely tired of the game..). It really was worth all the wait as well as all my work dodging any kind of news about the game during the last months! :)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

12 hours ago, Vermachtnis said:

Depends on if I'm in a dungeon.  Outside I can play for hours, inside it'll feel like hours and it's only been fifteen minutes.

This. I initially enjoyed the dungeons but trying to do them in one day to save time and stealth busywork eventually wore me down... though playing on hard hasn't helped (normal a bit too easy). I've been playing for 3 weeks; currently in the 5th dungeon. The 'villain of the month' thing also starts to feel more fillerish longer game goes on. And its structure is bit too familiar after putting 100hrs into Persona 4 many years ago.

Social linking is still very fun. I left the latest dungeon until only a few days left due to maxing s-links with my harem. But having to wait for main story stuff to play out before can get any s-linking done has also become a bit trying. School trip to Hawaii was a waste of time, as was Morgana thing that followed. 

Edited by AironicallyHuman