Rorona - Items/Monster discussion

so... im wrapping up my Atelier Rorona trophies and i have a couple questions that aren't really clear to me.

1. does the complete item list need to be completed in one playthrough? I was only missing two items so i went through and got the last of the two items that i needed but it didn't update my clear date encyclopedia only my in game encyclopedia... ive also read that there should be an event of some kind... can anyone confirm this or shed some light on this subject?

2. Same question for the monster data... i have only a few monsters left to register for the clear data encyclopedia... do they all need to be in one playthrough?

Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

You don't have to complete either list in one single playthrough. Everything accumulates in the master file that clear data supports. The clear data definitely updates when you finish a playthrough (and prepare for NG+).... I'm not 100% positive how well that file updates during an "in progress" game.

If you didn't see the event that accompanies Item Complete, you're still missing something.... or you don't have the calendar far enough forward. There is absolutely an event there, and in grand NipponIchi fashion it blunders straight through the 4th wall. Rumour has it that the event cannot take place until very close to the end of the game. More than that I can't say, because I did the platinum for this title long enough ago that I no longer remember -- I don't consider Rorona that memorable a game that I remember things without some prompting from exterior sources.

As for Monster Complete, it's probably impossible to do it entirely in one playthrough with all the bounties that are involved. Once you get everything, it's probably faster to go into the Extras menu from the main title screen and pop the trophy from there.

• Like 1

I don't remember if you need or not to complete the game, so that the encyclopedia outside of the game gets updated.

As for the trophy, it unlocks when you see a specific event when you get to the workshop (or after making a new synthesis with alchemy), it's been sometime, so I don't remember for sure what trigger the event, but the trophy is awarded after watching the event. Also it shouldn't need to be in a single game, since I was able to watch that even on my 2nd playthrough in the 1st month of the 1st year.

As for the monsters, I think it unlocks as soon as you kill the last monster needed (again, not 100% sure if it's in a single playthrough).

• Like 1

thanks guys...

ive played through Rorona at least 7 times and each time i rush through so i end up missing something important, lol... the last couple times i focused and used a walkthrough to get Astrid and Pie endings taken care of... now i just need the monsters, items, and $1,000,000 gold... all easily done on this playthrough (as long as i can get the last bounty monster to come up).

i like the game... its fun but when you keep messing it up it gets to be a chore... but im at the home stretch and can't give up now!!!

This game is the most difficult game ever to get through because of assignment are getting harder as I go.I'm Assignment 4 now.Not sure I need to follow a guide.

on your second or third playthrough (if you choose to play it more than once) all of the assignments become second nature... you can do them blindfolded... you can almost 10 star every assignment in a day or two and then spend the rest of the time out running around doing other stuff...

I felt like the hardest part of the game was getting the Astrid ending where you have to trigger everyone's ending in one playthrough... now im just cleaning up what i left behind but ive picked it up and set it down so many times that ive never committed to finishing it until now... LETS DO THIS!

• Like 1

Unless you plan to savescum the process of getting a particular bounty to show up, your best bet is to combine looking for that last bounty with the immense dedication of fulfilling requests while heading towards the "Rich" ending. Your odds of getting a bounty to show up increase as you create more open slots in Esty's list, and fulfilling requests is a good way to get cash in its own right.

You could also create "extra" openings in Esty's list of requests by accepting them and then cancelling immediately thereafter. It won't do much for making you beloved among the townsfolk, but if you end up with enough Assignment Stars it won't interfere with the Rich Ending -- you just want to avoid triggering the "Bad" Ending for Rich, that and not trigger any character flags.

gah!!!

i can't do the items in one playthrough now because ive already screwed over half of the NPCs by ignoring them so that meas i can't make the special potion for Lionela and the instrument for Tant... bah! I know one of my saves has all the items but 3 so maybe i can just go back and reload... what a pain!!! I was told that you could do it in multiple plays so i treated this playthrough as such...

If you have a save file that contains all of the items except three, then you can indeed load that file and find the last three items in order to earn the trophy. The issue with the trophy is that you don't actually get it for the completion. You get it for the event that comes with the completion.

If you have a save file that contains all of the items except three, then you can indeed load that file and find the last three items in order to earn the trophy. The issue with the trophy is that you don't actually get it for the completion. You get it for the event that comes with the completion.

I do have a save file with the missing 3 items but one of the missing items is the wig that you make for the blacksmith and i don't have enough time to get his friendship up to get that event... i was doing a semi speed run because i assumed that the items were like the monster data and all i had to do was make every item across multiple playthroughs... so it looks like im in for yet ANOTHER play through... I think i will just work on the monster data and set it down for a bit again... im getting sick of the ridiculous tasks involved... it seems like every playthrough needs to be a perfect one as if you are going for the Astrid ending all over again... i feel like the guides ive read haven't been clear enough because there are many details that ive missed... but one thing i HAVE learned is that you can't assume anything!

anyway... thanks for all the replies everyone

im gonna move on to Star Ocean until Ni No Kuni comes out... Its not looking good for Totori and Meruru thats for sure

This reminds me I should hurry and finish Rorona but just the last endings I need are putting me off with how many playthroughs I've done already and messed up...

I am fairly certain every item only has to be in your encyclopedia much like the monsters going by all I've read regarding the trophies but for me the Pie, Rich endings as well as item/monster complete and LV:50 alchemy are all that are stopping me from the platinum and starting up Totori properly. I really need to find something that'll help with management easier especially in regards to the pie ending as the rich one should be easy enough, I reckon although probably slightly tedious...

• Like 1

This reminds me I should hurry and finish Rorona but just the last endings I need are putting me off with how many playthroughs I've done already and messed up...

I am fairly certain every item only has to be in your encyclopedia much like the monsters going by all I've read regarding the trophies but for me the Pie, Rich endings as well as item/monster complete and LV:50 alchemy are all that are stopping me from the platinum and starting up Totori properly. I really need to find something that'll help with management easier especially in regards to the pie ending as the rich one should be easy enough, I reckon although probably slightly tedious...

Pie ending wasn't actually that hard but i gave it its own playthrough... sounds like you did exactly what ive done... all i have now is Rich ending, Items complete, and monster complete... then the platinum will be mine!!!

but again, i will probably put it aside if i don't get it this time around because ive played through it about 3 times in the last few weeks and im starting to burn out

Monsters don't have to be in one playthrough.... and I'm not even sure there's enough time in-game to do everything in one cycle considering how many "difficult monsters" and bounties there are scattered across the map in the first place, not to mention other beasties such as the Dragon.

The monster encyclopedia is part of the master file that compiles every time you finish a cycle -- simply fill in whichever gaps are on the list during a cycle, and go through the list from the "Extras" menu after the master file updates. The trophy will pop from there, and not necessarily during a game.

• Like 1

Monsters don't have to be in one playthrough.... and I'm not even sure there's enough time in-game to do everything in one cycle considering how many "difficult monsters" and bounties there are scattered across the map in the first place, not to mention other beasties such as the Dragon.

The monster encyclopedia is part of the master file that compiles every time you finish a cycle -- simply fill in whichever gaps are on the list during a cycle, and go through the list from the "Extras" menu after the master file updates. The trophy will pop from there, and not necessarily during a game.

I can confirm this because i did exactly that last night... i had gaps in the monster list that i just filled by running some bounty quests as well as hunting the special monsters... I had to finish the game and save the clear data though for the current monsters to update in the master encyclopedia... then i just opened the encyclopedia and it popped.

and that actually gives me a theory that i will try to prove tonight with the item list... maybe now that the master encyclopedia has been updated with all items i will try to reload a save file to try to get the event to pop... It probably wont work but im still working on the million dollar trophy anyway so i might as well give it a shot.

• 1 month later...

I really don't like games where It have a timed limit of assignment or a deadline to meet.It so hard to go back to this game.

I felt the same way... after you play it through for the second and third time it actually is kinda breezy... i didn't use a walkthrough until my 4th playthrough so i made a lot more work for myself... i only have 2 trophies left until platinum so i will probably finish it up after Ni No Kuni... I have a system when i play that i can get through a full playthrough in about a week.

but bottom line, i agree... time limits in games suck... but for some reason i haven't wanted to move onto Totori or Meruru until i have Rorona finished... plus on March 5th Atelier Ayesha comes out.

• 11 months later...

OK... here i go again...

So... I only have 2 trophies left (3 including the platinum).... Im shooting for platinum and here is what i have left to do.

1.  obtain all items in one playthrough - apparently this doesn't cross over between playthroughs like the monster data like i had thought... I took a break since the last time i played so that i could play some other games... but now im between games and waiting for Tales of Symphonia to come out...

2.  Rich ending - I know i have to fulfill an ending requirement and also have a million bucks.

I have a feeling that if i don't get this done on this playthrough that i may never pick this game up again because i have already done about 8 playthroughs and messed them up or wasn't focused on certain things...

If i pick up another Atelier game from backlog it will be Totori or Meruru.... i haven't even played Meruru yet and ive only done one playthrough on Totori...

anyway... any advice or encouragement would be welcome... should only take me a week to get all of this done... send me a message or reply to this thread

THANKS TEAM!

1) not need to be done in a single playthrough. In the menu you have a list of items that you're missing

2) how many coles you have currently? The best way is to sell Dulkenheits to Esty, you'll get 10.000 per one. Other sub tasks doesn't give you much money, even making and selling grand pies. Basically, while you unlock Orthogalaxen at the beginning of the year 3 (there will be an event with Sterk in atelier) go there and defeat as many Grow Plantze as you need. Make sure your one character has equipped Victory Charm.

In this ending you can't trigger any character's flag.

OK... here i go again...

So... I only have 2 trophies left (3 including the platinum).... Im shooting for platinum and here is what i have left to do.

1.  obtain all items in one playthrough - apparently this doesn't cross over between playthroughs like the monster data like i had thought... I took a break since the last time i played so that i could play some other games... but now im between games and waiting for Tales of Symphonia to come out...

2.  Rich ending - I know i have to fulfill an ending requirement and also have a million bucks.

I have a feeling that if i don't get this done on this playthrough that i may never pick this game up again because i have already done about 8 playthroughs and messed them up or wasn't focused on certain things...

If i pick up another Atelier game from backlog it will be Totori or Meruru.... i haven't even played Meruru yet and ive only done one playthrough on Totori...

anyway... any advice or encouragement would be welcome... should only take me a week to get all of this done... send me a message or reply to this thread

THANKS TEAM!

You should play Totori to continue with timeline ;)

1.  It's not one playthrough, but there's a fair amount of stuff to accumulate.  All the Materials, all the Consumables, all the Equipment, and all the Synthesis Items.  Anything that can be crafted actually has to be synthesized at your workbench -- just having the recipe in your book isn't good enough.

I used a checklist when I was doing this one.  You can find it here:  http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1580/atelierroronaitemlistv1.png  Keep in mind that you'll need to bring Iksel with you to some of the dungeons to unlock some of the drops/harvests.

You'll know you got everything because there's an extra scene before the trophy pops.

2.  Rich ending requires all of the following:

• Do not trigger any Character Flags.
  • Meet the requirements for any of the Generic Endings (other than Bad).
  • Have 1,000,000 Cole (or more).

If you still have your notes insofar as triggering each character's specific ending, you'll have your list of events to avoid.

1) not need to be done in a single playthrough. In the menu you have a list of items that you're missing

2) how many coles you have currently? The best way is to sell Dulkenheits to Esty, you'll get 10.000 per one. Other sub tasks doesn't give you much money, even making and selling grand pies. Basically, while you unlock Orthogalaxen at the beginning of the year 3 (there will be an event with Sterk in atelier) go there and defeat as many Grow Plantze as you need. Make sure your one character has equipped Victory Charm.

In this ending you can't trigger any character's flag.

This is interesting... so I think i have ALL of the items already because i used a checklist... the thing that DIDN'T happen is the extra scene that triggers... so in this case do i only have to wait for the extra scene to trigger for the trophy?

I will look at the checklist to make sure i have everything checked off and go from there... but im thinking that there is something that has to do with the scene that i missed because i was doing something else and it didn't pop.

I currently have $630,000

You should play Totori to continue with timeline ;)

I have played a little bit of Totori on PS3 and i finished the story on the Vita... but yes, i will for sure finish those up and then go for Meruru (probably on Vita through)...

1.  It's not one playthrough, but there's a fair amount of stuff to accumulate.  All the Materials, all the Consumables, all the Equipment, and all the Synthesis Items.  Anything that can be crafted actually has to be synthesized at your workbench -- just having the recipe in your book isn't good enough.

I used a checklist when I was doing this one.  You can find it here:  http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1580/atelierroronaitemlistv1.png  Keep in mind that you'll need to bring Iksel with you to some of the dungeons to unlock some of the drops/harvests.

You'll know you got everything because there's an extra scene before the trophy pops.

2.  Rich ending requires all of the following:

• Do not trigger any Character Flags.
  • Meet the requirements for any of the Generic Endings (other than Bad).
  • Have 1,000,000 Cole (or more).

If you still have your notes insofar as triggering each character's specific ending, you'll have your list of events to avoid.

Thanks Acasser... you have been a staple in my JRPG gaming and like always i appreciate how willing you are to help me!

I will take all of these notes from you guys and get this done!

THANKS!!!

Edited by Piggie_Pie

It carries ;) Well... how to explain it... =D

It works with System Data. As long as you save after each ending you clear (and you craft new item, it will be registered =D).

Check your encyclopedia and if you have (in consumable) something that is registered but hasn't been crafted yet, craft it in any save you have and open option and change something.

It will save the system data and also your item =D

I found this by accident today =D

Edited by SatoshiOokami

It carries ;) Well... how to explain it... =D

It works with System Data. As long as you save after each ending you clear (and you craft new item, it will be registered =D).

Check your encyclopedia and if you have (in consumable) something that is registered but hasn't been crafted yet, craft it in any save you have and open option and change something.

It will save the system data and also your item =D

I found this by accident today =D

ok... so here is my update... Im at the end of year 1... I have crafted everything that i can craft so far... at the start menu encyclopedia I have EVERYTHING registered... So im thinking that by the time i hit the 3rd year i should get the scene that goes along with the trophy.

so in the encyclopedia is there something that shows if i have crafted it?  I thought it would only register if i crafted it...

ok... so here is my update... Im at the end of year 1... I have crafted everything that i can craft so far... at the start menu encyclopedia I have EVERYTHING registered... So im thinking that by the time i hit the 3rd year i should get the scene that goes along with the trophy.

so in the encyclopedia is there something that shows if i have crafted it?  I thought it would only register if i crafted it...

Everything I've seen on various message boards around the web indicates that it's a scene that won't pop until you're a few months into Year 3.

And no, the encyclopedia won't show if you've crafted a particular item or simply bought it elsewhere.  It's like similar obnoxious trophies from other games, where you can only find out if you've ever held an item as opposed to manufacturing it for yourself.  Star Ocean was particularly obnoxious in this way.