The Photography Thread

MesopithecusUK

Nothing particularly amazing about the quality of the photos (they were taken on my Pixel XL) but we had a confirmed EF-1 tornado touchdown last night and this is just some of the carnage.

IMG_20170429_090519_zpsnmvkktkc.jpg

IMG_20170429_090529_zpss7skio1r.jpg

IMG_20170429_100439_zps55yve5gj.jpg

IMG_20170429_100440_zps94topwxj.jpg

Luckily my house wasn't damaged at all but my neighbor lost all three of their vehicles. Their son had his car parked in the front of their house and they had another tree fall in the front yard, right on top of that one too. My other next door neighbor just lost his bridge, trampoline and a few trees but no damage to the house. 

Parker

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Parker said:

Nothing particularly amazing about the quality of the photos (they were taken on my Pixel XL) but we had a confirmed EF-1 tornado touchdown last night and this is just some of the carnage.

IMG_20170429_090519_zpsnmvkktkc.jpg

IMG_20170429_090529_zpss7skio1r.jpg

IMG_20170429_100439_zps55yve5gj.jpg

IMG_20170429_100440_zps94topwxj.jpg

Luckily my house wasn't damaged at all but my neighbor lost all three of their vehicles. Their son had his car parked in the front of their house and they had another tree fall in the front yard, right on top of that one too. My other next door neighbor just lost his bridge, trampoline and a few trees but no damage to the house. 

Parker

The power of weather never ceases to amaze me.  Definitely very lucky to not have any damage.  Great shots though

• Like 2

Don't expect any great photos, as I just shoot them when spotting something nice. This was shot 2 weeks ago from my balcony when the flowers in the trees were all blooming. I like the view a lot, as these trees remind me of cherry blossoms. I've been feeding some Blue Herons once in a while and one of them sometimes sits at the edge of the balcony. Don't have a photo of that yet, but will post it once I have the opportunity to take a shot.

Spoiler

SAFddvE.jpg

LXSwcpw.jpg

Same tree a few years ago back when winter was actually winter instead of a prolonged autumn. Snow is a very rare thing nowadays in The Netherlands.

Spoiler

ihEzXmM.jpg

On 28-4-2017 at 10:46 PM, Jibril said:

Took this one with my phone after a morning jog. I thought the sunrise looked kinda pretty.

oSjqc7r.jpg

That looks really nice.

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

This is a picture of my sister and I (with my niece) at the Ottawa Tulip festival. All flowers are donated by the Dutch Monarch given in thanks for something we did during the war..so thanks @Dragon-Archon :Dhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Tulip_Festival

Finally here is my family and I back in Ukraine visiting the river my Gido played in when he was a child. My aunt on the right (Anne) passed away last Tuesday after a battle with cancer :(

You're welcome :D .

Sorry for your loss Mayus. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was fixing a couple of my dead photo links, and decided to post a couple more

Sunset over the Columbia River, Washington State

9s9lulV.jpg

Multnomah Falls, Oregon

1BhX2ld.jpg

Believe this is some variety of Chinese lantern flower

l2LiX50.jpg

Muscovy duck, they are an invasive species where we live but I still like them.  There have been ducklings around recently but not managed to snap a picture yet.

Uk3HkQq.jpg

• Like 3

Most recent pictures I have at the ready are from our new dog :)

This is near where we live:

Spoiler

CYmN9qb.jpg

This is in the South of the country, where my parents live:

Spoiler

X0pMVZb.jpg

@Rach so this is a thread for just where we live then? :) With the title I expected the thread to be more about photography in general, plus I was actually checking if there was a holiday picture thread yet.

On 30-4-2017 at 2:43 AM, Parker said:

(...)

Holy shitsnacks! Seeing those pictures, the first thing I'm thinking of is "if you go to the supermarket later on, don't go walking off into the mist..."

• Like 1

@BillyHorrible Nope, it's a general photography thread for sharing some of your favorite pictures with the community :)  I was just really saying that we all live in different corners of the world, filled with magnificent beauty, so it would be great to share any photos (and experiences) you've captured.  It can be in your home country or on holidays.

@Rach well, I happen to have three holiday shots at the ready because I used them in other threads :)

Two out of three are actually made by my wife, but still.

Tenerife - on the peak of the Teide, third largest mountain in the world:

Spoiler

r3TiTETh.jpg

Maligrad, the bird island in Albania:

Spoiler

VxISWEG.jpg

4rYGDI5.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Me and my girlfriend went to an Indian festival in the centre of town tonight, there were music acts but they were pretty awful so we left for a coffee and bite to eat in Starbucks and came back later for the fireworks. 

The festival itself is called Diwali, a festival of lights celebrated in the Northern Hemisphere. This year they set up camp at the stage in Princess Street Gardens with Edinburgh Castle in the background. We're going to a different festival next week so I should be back with more pics soon. 

F2miSQQ.jpg?1

J4EoIXA.jpg?1

4Wy0ztt.jpg?1

vOROj4I.jpg?1

erxZTWW.jpg?1

0Ur9IU6.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Start of the Christmas celebrations in Edinburgh. The lights were actually turned on a few days ago but the official event isn't til a few days later. They switch everything off and at 5pm on the Sunday they turn everything back on and act like the last few days didn't exist :lol: 

lzPlXws.jpg?1

V1GkZt5.jpg?1

e2jHfA6.jpg?1

8yBySou.jpg?1

BrRGDy0.jpg?1

6qTQOY9.jpg?1

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Nothing better than a good ol' necro. I'm only now realizing that since I deactivated my FB account earlier this year the photos I've posted are all broken links. :facepalm: 

Taken with my LG G5. The first 2 I zoomed in a bit and then just screenshot it as a new photo.

U6F1nGx.jpg

F4CFT3Z.png

NUCpO9S.jpg

Pretty sure my father took this one with a camera that was oddly enough bought for me as a gift lol.

0lijbzN.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hoping to revive this thread a little - my husband bought me a new camera for Christmas and has been encouraging me to enjoy some creativity in some of my hobbies.  I've been testing it out and here are three of my favorites so far - I've put them in spoiler tags as they are quite big in size

Little blue heron, taken at the retention pond near to where we live

Spoiler

jCSjUzI.jpg

Banded Water Snake, taken at our local wetlands

Spoiler

mnpDd0R.jpg

Little Egret, again taken at our local wetlands

Spoiler

Tx4jXAl.jpg

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

Going to bring this back to life instead of making my own thread lol. Love photography. I mostly do it as a hobby now. Not a huge fan of "people photography" as people only want the same style of pictures every single time it seems. I like to do creative shots. Got a new camera. Some of these are from my old camera.

Spoiler

vyEFgh7.jpg

Spoiler

WrYrvb3.jpg

Spoiler

rEbMxSf.jpg

Spoiler

fOK7os0.jpg

Spoiler

fRZENsW.jpg

Spoiler

ecHfj97.jpg

Spoiler

Z7ATKhf.jpg

Spoiler

qN3kiJN.jpg

And here's newer ones from today actually... went to a Pumpkin patch and took an assortment of random photos:

Spoiler

tsQYAKA.jpg

Spoiler

dW82k2X.jpg

Spoiler

Pxn6nC4.jpg

Spoiler

3HrabZJ.jpg

Spoiler

1tZoCX9.jpg

Just let me know if you guys want me to post more. I have tons lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently, I have also taken a great interest in photography. So far I am shooting with my smartphone camera, but I already have some success. I recently took some beautiful sunrise shots. I am currently using imageupscaler and will be editing them in Lightroom. After that, I will share my footage.

Edited by Willerix