Quick advice on Chain & Puyo Group trophies

TheDreaminHawk

Hello everyone! Figured I might as well drop some advice regarding the puyo chain/multiple group trophies since they seem to be stumping up a lot of people (according to the percentages at least.) 

The best way I found to work towards the chain/all clear trophies was by playing Big Bang mode, and either doing a solo match with the level turned up to 7 (with bigger puzzles) or by doing endurance so it cycles through a ton of the puzzles depending on how far you can make it. It's fairly simple, since it sets the board out for you, and at around level 4 it'll begin to offer easy 7-8 chain puzzles that can be cleared with no problem. Heck, even if you fail the chain (in other words, don't clear all the preset puyos) it'll still count towards the trophy if the number goes high enough. Eventually you can even get to some 10-12 chain ones if you keep at it long enough. Simply playing this mode over and over again gave me the trophies for the chains 3-6 (with 7 taking a bit more for me due to them not being as common and the game wanting more of them) and it'll also work towards the overall puyo pop ones too.

Of course, the Puyo Group ones are arguably a lot harder to figure out, at least for me. I was nervous that I might have to wait for a trophy guide to be made, until I found out on accident during the adventure mode that a party item can freeze your current puyos in place, causing them to remain trapped until a certain amount of moves are made. If you simply make three or four groups of puyo near completed (like with three at a time in a corner/above another group) and then have P2 activate the freeze powerup, it'll seal the ones on the board, meaning that you can place the upcoming puyos on top of the frozen ones in order to cause every group to pop at once, counting towards the trophies if you did the setups correctly.

Hopefully these small tips help out those wanting to get these trophies ASAP. Sadly the only ones I'm having trouble with are the perfect clear ones for tetris as I'm unsure how to do them, but maybe someone can get us help on that!

• Like 1

I'm currently working on a trophy guide for the game which should be ready fairly soon. Helps that most of the trophies are basically "see this other trophy" because of how the list works.

I personally recommend using Endless Fever mode for the chains as it lasts longer due to time gains, not to mention that the lower chains only last for about 2 boards and help towards 150 All Clears anyway, which takes a fair bit longer to grind unless you're really good at getting useless puyos to a place where the chain will take them out.

I also have a much easier method for the four color groups trophy, though it's complicated to explain without a picture, which I don't have on me at the moment.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 7:01 PM, Torracat83 said:

I used Big Bang to help me grind Tetriminos and it's also super easy for an endurance run. After doing Versus with little success, I did Big Bang and got to 15 easily.

Tried it based on your advice and I can confirm it made it very easy. Now my only non grind trophy left are the perfect clear ones...

• Like 1