PlayStation messages app not working

Legchomper

Hey guys for a couple of days now my PlayStation messages app on my iphone has been acting weirdly. I don't know if it was an update or something but the PlayStation app itself is fine but the messages app takes a while to load messages, some friends avatars appear and others doesn't and when I attempt to send a friend a message it says cannot send a message, there's nothing wrong with my account as everything is fine on PS3/PS4 and PS Vita, everything else seems to be fine on my phone and I've uninstalled and re-installed the app along with communities app twice both before and after contacting PlayStation support and nothing seems to fix it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

• 2 weeks later...

You'd think the app would work better since it's like 3 seperate apps now with communities too. Do you have multiple accounts? There was a mention that logging back and forth on multiple accounts clear cache and reloads everything all over again each time. I read that if you have a lot of messages and you clear cache the load takes awhile. You will get the no avatars look. Especially from a new install. It seems PS dont clear message log like it did before? Also could be your data plan...PS app eats up data fast.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:35 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

You'd think the app would work better since it's like 3 seperate apps now with communities too. Do you have multiple accounts? There was a mention that logging back and forth on multiple accounts clear cache and reloads everything all over again each time. I read that if you have a lot of messages and you clear cache the load takes awhile. You will get the no avatars look. Especially from a new install. It seems PS dont clear message log like it did before? Also could be your data plan...PS app eats up data fast.

In the end it was because I had an update for my iPhone, it worked before the update so I'm not sure why I needed to update my iPhone for it to continue working.