Bugged trophies

turniplord

As of yesterday (28/04/17) there are 2 trophies which are impossible to obtain:

O spirits, are you there? - This is a story triggered trophy but with the patch or without, it doesn't trigger when it should
The scriptwriter's nightmare - on PS4 is says to do "10 optional actions that influence your progress" - on Xbox and PC it says "do 5 optional actions" - there are only 5 in the game - so this trophy is impossible until the dev corrects the number of triggers required.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon - I did 1 playthrough at 15 hours and started a second but then read these 2 were bugged so I stopped as you can't make multiple saves, so I may as well wait until it is fixed before I spend another 10-15 hours going through it (as you can't skip talking or cutscenes)

If anyone notices a patch which fixes this before me, please update this thread - I really hope they fix it soon though, Syberia 2 is still broke on the PS3 in EUR so I really hope they listen to us who have reported this issue

*********Upgrade to version 1.03 and all trophies are now obtainable**********

Edited by turniplord
spelling
  • Like 1

Hello!

Could you list these 5 actions?

19 hours ago, turniplord said:

The scriptwriter's nightmare - on PS4 is says to do "10 optional actions that influence your progress" - on Xbox and PC it says "do 5 optional actions" - there are only 5 in the game -

Edited by Lonely_Rager

7 minutes ago, Lonely_Rager said:

Hello!

Could you list these 5 actions?

If it is the same as the PC and Xbox then you have to:
1. read Captains diary before trying to convince him

2. restore the electricity to the park before being asked to

3. know about the Olympic shot-out champion by reading the photo diary in the metro before speaking to her

4. talk to Kurk about bribing the watchman before talking to the watchman.

Only just realised thats only 4 actions - they are what the people on Xbox have followed to get all the achievements. Maybe it's only 4? either that or the page i looked at has one missing :/ - you need to trigger the extra dialogue option - the only one I got in my blind playthrough was number 3 - definatly isn't 10 though

1 hour ago, scary_atheist said:

Was planning to pick this up at release, but no sale until the bugged trophies are fixed. They've only been patching the PC version so far.

Yeah, they posted on facebook a list of all the things coming in the next patch like perfomance and audio fixes but no news of trophy fixes - I emailed them again last night to see if the PS4 is gonna get the trophies fixed - luckily I rented this game, so I finished it once then sent it back - i'll re-rent once the trophies are fixed for a second playthrough

There are more glitched trophies, at least for me. The story trophy 'XZ2000… 2.0' did not unlock, same with 'I am Legend', for picking the dialogue option concerning the photo album. Those were 2 trophies in succession I didn't get, but I got 1 story and optional one right after. Very weird, just one of this game's many issues.

1 hour ago, Creamium said:

There are more glitched trophies, at least for me. The story trophy 'XZ2000… 2.0' did not unlock, same with 'I am Legend', for picking the dialogue option concerning the photo album. Those were 2 trophies in succession I didn't get, but I got 1 story and optional one right after. Very weird, just one of this game's many issues.

I got both of those with no issues, but on my first playthrough the story trophy for fixing teh water at the Nomad Camp didn't pop until my second playthrough. The 2 above though are literally impossible - I think it does have some issues with unlocking other trophies at times though but all the others are technically unlockable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you help me in Syberia 3.

For the trophy " The scriptwriter's nightmare "in 1.03 version patch game, I

- read the email on Efimova's pc before to know the detective Cantin

- read Obo's diary before contact him

- read Obo's diary before contact Simon Steiner

- look the statue of robot in the square

- speak with Sarah in bar before contact Simon Steiner

- unplug the carts blocking the railway before speak to Oscar

- restore the eletricity in Baranour

- look photo's album in metro a Baranour

- lower the water wheel before speak  with the guardian

BUT no trophy. Where is my error?

Thanks

Edited by R-Linskey

10 hours ago, R-Linskey said:

Hi, can you help me in Syberia 3.

For the trophy " The scriptwriter's nightmare "in 1.03 version patch game, I

- read the email on Efimova's pc before to know the detective Cantin

- read Obo's diary before contact him

- read Obo's diary before contact Simon Steiner

- look the statue of robot in the square

- speak with Sarah in bar before contact Simon Steiner

- unplug the carts blocking the railway before speak to Oscar

- restore the eletricity in Baranour

- look photo's album in metro a Baranour

- lower the water wheel before speak  with the guardian

BUT no trophy. Where is my error?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure on the exact ones that trigger it, but here are the ones I did and when it triggered:
1. Read the emails on the computer before speaking with the detective
2. Speak with the 2 people about the monster - in the nomad camp and the town
3. Read the diary before talking to the captain in the Inn
4. Look at the statue of the 'oscar' and dog before talking to Steiner
5. Have read the diary before talking to Steiner
6. Talk to woman protesting before talking to the mayor - when you are about to ask to open the gate
7. Check out the radiation goggles on the ship before you cut the ice, then after cutting the ice talk to the captain about them
8. Read the photo album before talking to Katerina
9. Restore power to the park before mending Oscar
10. Unplug the carts on the track before Oscar asks (best to do this before you fix him.)

The trophy popped at this stage.

numbers 3, 5, 6, 8 all had conversation options with them, the others just changed the things that are said by default.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/09/2017 at 6:27 AM, pumajlr2001 said:

The trophy "20,000 leagues under the lake" is not popping, and is story related. Just look at the percentages in the list. More people obtained posterior trophies. I hope they fix it.

Best getting in touch with Microids - I contacted them via their site and twitter with the first issues bask at release and they fixed those. It must be the latest patch that caused it as people have got the trophy up until the end of August. If you have the disc you could try and delete all data and play without the patch (as that's how I would have got the trophy at the beginning) - I don't know if saves will work though so best to back them up as it may require you to start again.

Yeah, just got hit with the 20,000 leagues trophy bug. Playing on 1.04. 

I have a disc copy, so I suppose I'll just start the game over when I've finished and play up until that point.

I do have a backup save prior to that, so when I've finished I'll test that and see if it works on the unpatched disc version - and if the trophy pops.

On 13/9/2017 at 7:34 AM, turniplord said:

Best getting in touch with Microids - I contacted them via their site and twitter with the first issues bask at release and they fixed those. It must be the latest patch that caused it as people have got the trophy up until the end of August. If you have the disc you could try and delete all data and play without the patch (as that's how I would have got the trophy at the beginning) - I don't know if saves will work though so best to back them up as it may require you to start again.

Sadly i have the digital version. I opened a Ticket in the Syberia 3 support page that is in opened state. They didn't answer though. I will contact them via twitter then, thanks for the info.

Mmkay.  Now I'm mad.

Played the disc version offline and unpatched.  Brand new game.  20,000 Leagues trophy still didn't pop.

Looks like at the moment, the only way to get the platinum is to have the 1.03 digital version.

I've contacted the developers/publishers on Twitter and Facebook.

Edited by themindisacity

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2017 at 9:51 PM, WhiteMonkey88 said:

So still no way of getting the platinum with disc version at the moment?

Still nothing. This is the link to the ticket i opened. You can try to leave a comment or open your own ticket. 

https://support.syberia3.com/public/tickets/71e2e9f0ad7f161c6b690b3e786551f014060656244dcfb0033167a66039a973

I never get a response from them.

On 26/10/2017 at 0:53 PM, pumajlr2001 said:

Still nothing. This is the link to the ticket i opened. You can try to leave a comment or open your own ticket. 

https://support.syberia3.com/public/tickets/71e2e9f0ad7f161c6b690b3e786551f014060656244dcfb0033167a66039a973

I never get a response from them.

Great... Syberia 2 on PS3 is broken on the EU version as well so can't even get all those trophies

Kinda given up on Microïds patching that one

Thanks

On 31/10/2017 at 3:25 AM, WhiteMonkey88 said:

Great... Syberia 2 on PS3 is broken on the EU version as well so can't even get all those trophies

Kinda given up on Microïds patching that one

Thanks

I picked up the US version of Syberia 2 for less than 2 dollars in the recent sale :) - Been waiting for it to drop so I can finally get 100% on it!

On 3/11/2017 at 5:11 AM, themindisacity said:

I got a reply from the developers - they are aware of this issue and say they will be releasing another patch sometime in November.

Uh! Those are good news... i hope is true. I didn't remove the game from the ps4 so the patch can pop up in the notifications.