Scorched Earth is beyond infuriating!!

Lady Blanc

I only bought the Scorched Earth expansion for this game today, and all it has done for me is cause stress, rage and more stress, due to incredibly bad respawns. Unlike the base game, I have had several instances where I have respawned within attack range of some predator, sometimes even more than one predator, I mean I die, and it immediately respawns me within visual range of a Sabertooth and a Terror Bird, so of course I died within seconds, then there was the one-hit kill from a Mantis as soon as I respawned.

Then there's the fact that Dire Wolves somehow have a sixth sense and know you're either on a cliff above them or several meters behind them, despite never seeing you at all, Scorched Earth seems so broken compared to the base game, especially on Single Player, which is my case.

And here I was thinking the Island with it's Argentavis, Rex, Raptor, Sarco and other savage beasts that got occasionally frustrating, at least with that I have the first floor and most of the second floor of my house completed with several amenities within it, with Scorched Earth, I don't even have so much as a tent after about 3 hours of play, just a pick, hatchet and torch, not even the cloth gear.

In short, Scorched Earth needs serious tweaking in the respawn department.

Edited by Lady Blanc

I came in here expecting complaints about the new UI and the flyer re-balance.

I have to say I understand your frustrations, put in a lot of hours on ARK over on Xbox and PS4 and not one of those hours were on Scorched Earth.  I watch husband play a little bit and it went something like this:

- Spawn, get killed by Terror Bird

- Respawn, Dire Wolf

- Respawn, Rock Golem

etc.

I think when he did manage to build a base it was destroyed by a rock golem.

Then there is the fact that the kibble chains for taming on Scorched Earth have been messed up (e.g. you can't kibble tame an Argentavis because they are no Stego's on the SE map to tame and get their eggs)  The devs were supposedly going to fix that.... :facepalm:

One of the biggest complaints I've seen about Scorched Earth since the new update dropped, is that you cannot get a flier that is fast enough to outrun a Wyvern which makes farming Wyvern Eggs and getting milk to raise them next to impossible.

You mention The Island in your post, and I wonder if you've tried out The Center map?  I can highly recommend it :)  The challenge is a step up from the Island but no where near as bad as Scorched Earth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rach said:

I came in here expecting complaints about the new UI and the flyer re-balance.

You mention The Island in your post, and I wonder if you've tried out The Center map?  I can highly recommend it :)  The challenge is a step up from the Island but no where near as bad as Scorched Earth.

Not yet, might give it a try sometime today, shame I can't transfer my character from The Island to either The Center or Scorched Earth, considering I have 3/5 parts of the Flak armour.

I personally don't mind the new UI, in terms of how it looks, navigating took a bit of adapting though, and I've never had a flyer, so I don't know much about the re-balance.