Can we talk about the credits? (SPOILERS)

MissShake

Are there any other sentimental fools who had an overload of feelings at the credits sequence? Everything about it was amazing, really. I took screenshots of the words of encouragement I was sent, and if you did too I'd love to see them!

tumblr_op6s859PCS1qel0gmo1_1280.jpgtumblr_op6s859PCS1qel0gmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_op6s859PCS1qel0gmo3_1280.jpgtumblr_op6s859PCS1qel0gmo4_1280.jpg

If you are on this list, hi and thank you!

[You’re holding up well.][Just remember,][I’m in your corner.] [Facade]

• Like 1

I really loved the credits sequence and would love it if other games did something similar. But yeah the idea of getting encouraging messages from other players while going through a seemingly impossible sequence is really neat, especially when you understand what's going on in which it's other players sacrificing their own save data to help you out.

Sadly I don't see my name on there. :[ I hope someone on here sees mine.

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

I really loved the credits sequence and would love it if other games did something similar. But yeah the idea of getting encouraging messages from other players while going through a seemingly impossible sequence is really neat, especially when you understand what's going on in which it's other players sacrificing their own save data to help you out.

Sadly I don't see my name on there. :[ I hope someone on here sees mine.

It was masterfully done. It wasn't until I lost my first data that I really understood what was going on (RIP Thrax), but when I did, oh boy...

I've been wondering if someone on here will see mine as well! I hope so, it'd feel even more special if it happened. I'm sure whoever you helped is thankful :)

• Like 1

Deleting my data was probably the most meaningful thing I've ever done in a videogame. You'll never get a single thing out of it and for all you know whoever you end up helping won't think twice about it and may very well be the world's biggest bell end. And yet it felt wrong not to.

Masterfully done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

I both laughed and cried at the same time, best credits of all times! (and I still feel sorry for all the gamesaves I "killed" lol)

Oh man, RIP to those saves. I think I killed like six of them, oops.

I was honestly confused at the ending.  So they all died? 

I gave up thinking it was impossible to go on. 

15 hours ago, TooruPT said:

I don't think you really "kill" those saves. Otherwise you'd run out of helpers pretty fast.

They are deleted I'm pretty sure. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

18 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I was honestly confused at the ending.  So they all died? 

I gave up thinking it was impossible to go on. 

They are deleted I'm pretty sure. 

They couldn't possibly be deleted, it's literally impossible to finish the game without accepting help meaning the first person to beat the game wouldn't have been able to beat the game at all. Similarly, there'd reach a point where new players would never be able to beat the game rendering the game unbeatable for the entire playerbase.

And yeah, they died giving 2b, 9s and A2 a chance to live, entrusting them with the hopes and dreams of humanity. 

I imagine they released the game with a small pool of helpers already available, as far as the "how did the first person do it" question is concerned. Like saves from the people on the dev or QA teams (ironic as that would be).

As for the deleting saves whenever you get hit... come on, it would be impossible to still have helpers after a while. The only way to add to the list would be making a perfect run after accepting help and uploading your own data in the end. Even if you got hit just once you'd breaking even at best. So yeah, no way those helpers are gone for good.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zeda12123 said:

They couldn't possibly be deleted, it's literally impossible to finish the game without accepting help meaning the first person to beat the game wouldn't have been able to beat the game at all.

It's actually been done solo. So yeah, it's tough for sure, but it's not impossible. I'm just gonna assume this guy is a Touhou player or something ?

Edited by ShakeNBake663

On 5/4/2017 at 7:55 PM, zeda12123 said:

They couldn't possibly be deleted, it's literally impossible to finish the game without accepting help meaning the first person to beat the game wouldn't have been able to beat the game at all. Similarly, there'd reach a point where new players would never be able to beat the game rendering the game unbeatable for the entire playerbase.

And yeah, they died giving 2b, 9s and A2 a chance to live, entrusting them with the hopes and dreams of humanity. 

Maybe some people are better at bullet-hell games than us.  I nearly did it, I was only 1 more name away from completion when I gave up :P

9 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

It's actually been done solo. So yeah, it's tough for sure, but it's not impossible. I'm just gonna assume this guy is a Touhou player or something 1f602.png

Huh, I was told it was programmed to be unbeatable but that was back when it first came out so.

That being said this is definitely not the average player, so I still highly doubt the database is getting wiped for real. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was quite easy until the point where "Square Enix" rolled down in the credits. It was a bit annoying so I also asked for help and I think few people lost their data thanks to me :awesome:  suddenly 6 small of those things spawned to help me shoot so it was extremely easy from that point on. Whenever one of those smaller things died I had a notification someone lost their data or something so I assume those were the unlucky guys who just wanted to be helpful, well it was their choice. Thank god I was aware of this whole loosing data process :D

Edited by Saionji

14 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

We could tell you, but it really is something that you should experience for yourself.  It is way more impactful to experience it as opposed to watching a let's play or reading about it

I won't be getting NieR Automata for a long time so I'd rather have it explained by one of you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The message i chose to send after the whole sequence was: [It was hard for me too,] [However,] [Suffering makes people grow.] [Brazil]

kB0sOA0.jpg

Maybe it was destiny, but the person who ended up helping me in the credits was a brazilian too! It was Leo_uzumaki in the image, i only really took this screenshot during the sequence. It was all so amazing!