Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

Fair enough.  Points are still points though.  Good luck in your double-point games and the race overall, you're going up against some tough opponents.

Don't worry about me, I've got a year to get a ton of platinums so I'll more than make up for the plats I pop now. :D

• inFAMOUS: First Light 0% - 45%
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War 19% - 100%
  • Xeodrifter 4% - 23%
  • Ether One 3%
  • Grand Theft Auto III 3%
  • Tales From The Boderlands 0% - 100% :platinum:
  • Oxenfree 0% - 100% :platinum:
  • Broken Age 0%
  • FEZ 23% - 100%
  • Batman: Arkham VR 14%
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 0% - 100% :platinum:
  • The Order: 1886 8% - 100% :platinum:
  • The Unfinished Swan 0% - 100%
  • SOMA 5%
  • Psychonauts 1%

On 6/6/2017 at 9:20 PM, Edunstar84 said:

I guess I couldn't stay away long enough. Focusing on games that are on my shelf waiting to be played rather than on my PSN list.

1. Hitman GO - 0%
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - 0%
  3. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%
  4. Final Fantasy XIII-2:platinum:
  5. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 0%
  6. Dangaronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 0%

Finally done with FF13-2. I think it will replace VIII as my favorite Final Fantasy game.

• Like 1

Progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (17%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (12%)
Nier Automata (0%)
Nights of Azure (18%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (6% -> 66%)
Starwhal (25%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (14%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (7% -> 11%)
Bastion (1%)
Croixleur Sigma (23%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)
History Legends of War: Patton (0%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (100%)
Ultratron (52%)

Puyo Puyo Tetris is really fun. I grinded out a ton of trophies after beating adventure mode by playing many rounds of Arcade Big Bang, and then did the 10 ranked online matches, mostly by doing Puyo Puyo Big Bang mode. I still have to get 100% (really 70%, due to the way it's calculated) in Adventure and then the long grind starts for the 100,000 puyos and minos. Atelier continues to keep going, it probably won't get a huge boost until I get to the end when I get to pop the ending trophies.

Edited by Arctic Cress
missed something

17 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Don't worry about me, I've got a year to get a ton of platinums so I'll more than make up for the plats I pop now. :D

How many platinums are you planning to get this year? I'm trying to figure out if I should start planning for 2nd place now or not ?

On 6/23/2017 at 3:07 PM, The1WithoutFear said:

Good afternoon/evening/morning, everyone. I am truly disappointed to say that due to unforeseen circumstances that have me staying in my local hospital for the next few weeks, I'll be withdrawing from this little contest/challenge of ours. I wish the rest of you well in this beautiful summer day, may your challenges be overcome with spectacular acclaim, and I'll talk to you some other time. :) 

God bless,

Nick, aka The1WithoutFear

Take care of yourself. Get well!! That's what counts.

Platinums:

• Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (6%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (1%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (4%)
  • Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (26% :left: 36%)
  • Dark Cloud (:platinum:)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (:platinum:)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (45%)
  • Life is Strange (:platinum:)

100%:

• The Unfinished Swan (0%) (Not touching ever again)
  • Gone Home: Console Edition (100%)
  • A Boy and His Blob (14% :left: 28%)
  • ABZU (100%)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (52%)

Finally got off my butt and got the ball rolling, earning me some more trophies in Blob(cleared the second world and got all of the challenges cleared, earning an extra trophy - I didn't realize that the cave challenges didn't have any secret challenges!) and Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (cleared the part with Anders and the part with Ramona, though I got wiped by the fifth round in the Coliseum three times :( ) and got a few miscellaneous trophies there.

Lack of Progress Update 2

Short n sweet update No.2, again another week of little progress except for FFXV (just doing side quests around 45 done now but will have to move the story on to chapter 3 to get anymore I think.). Started Lego Legends of the Chima on Vita and it seems quite enjoyable. I really do like the Lego games on Vita, it seems like such a natural home for them and each one I have played now has been of high quality, both graphically and gameplay. That being said I am glad this one doesn't have all the 10 mini challenges for each level. Also started a little How we Soar which seems like a lovely use of VR. I did suffer some weird head tracking issues and then couldn't really figure out how to progress to the next level so will need to come back to that. 

Hopefully this week proves less distracting now Tekken 7 is over but who knows, to many games dropping plus my increasing fascination with older PS3 games always keeps the odds of an actual progression at a minimum. ? Still it's all about the fun right.

Hope everyone is having fun in their own backlog journeys ☺️

PS4

Mafia 3 (10%)

Nier Automata (4%)

Watchdogs 2 (1%)

Final Fantasy XV (NA Region Stack ) (34%) 200th Platinum ?

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (0%)

PS3

Disney Infinity 2.0 (5%)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (4%)

Swap Force (0%)

Saw (0%)

Wonderbook : Diggs Nightcrawler (0%)

PSVita

Dying Reborn (20%)

Resistance Burning Skies (15%)

Sword Art Online : Hollow Realisation (0%) (will be playing majority on Vita)

Root Letter (EU Stack) (0%)

Lego Legends of the Chima (2%) 

PSVR

Job Simulator (US Stack) (0%)

Robinson The Journey (5%)

Farpoint (0%)

How we Soar (0%)

Time Machine VR (0%)

Edited by cjshaitan

2 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Started Lego Legends of the Chima on Vita and it seems quite enjoyable. I really do like the Lego games on Vita, it seems like such a natural home for them and each one I have played now has been of high quality, both graphically and gameplay.

I'd wish you great luck on Chima, but trust me, it's probably one of the easiest LEGO plats ever. It was my 25th platinum. ^_^

Also, I wouldn't say much about LEGO Avengers for the Vita, as I couldn't finish it(some of the necessary adds didn't spawn in one mission).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

I'd wish you great luck on Chima, but trust me, it's probably one of the easiest LEGO plats ever. It was my 25th platinum. ^_^

Also, I wouldn't say much about LEGO Avengers for the Vita, as I couldn't finish it(some of the necessary adds didn't spawn in one mission).

Thanks, sorry to hear that about Avengers. I have it on the pile but will try to do the PS4 one first. ☺️

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 13%

2. Volume (PS4) - 0%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 20% => 100% :platinum:

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 0% => 100% :platinum:

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 0% => 43%

7. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - 82% => 100% :platinum:

Been awhile since I properly posted, didn't have internet for a number of days. Finished SteinsGate. First real VN I have played. It was an interesting genre. I liked the story. Onto Lara Croft Go, about half done already. Another interesting genre. Should have that done tonight.

Edited by colinmazzini

On 2017-6-23 at 8:07 PM, The1WithoutFear said:

Good afternoon/evening/morning, everyone. I am truly disappointed to say that due to unforeseen circumstances that have me staying in my local hospital for the next few weeks, I'll be withdrawing from this little contest/challenge of ours. I wish the rest of you well in this beautiful summer day, may your challenges be overcome with spectacular acclaim, and I'll talk to you some other time. :) 

God bless,

Nick, aka The1WithoutFear

Sorry to hear that bud.  Hope you are feeling better soon. ?

• Like 1

Week 4 Update 

1. Life is Strange (18%)
  2. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of 2 (2%  -> 4%)
  3. Tales from the Borderlands (0% -> 5%)
  4. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (7%  -> 100%) :platinum:
  5. Heavy Fire: Afghanistan (3% -> 100%) :platinum:
  6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (1% - 100%) :platinum:
  7. Killzone HD (0% - 7%)

Three plats this week! Two of the games I started almost five years ago. Nice to get them off the backlog. I'll probably really work on Mickey next. Seems like the collectables, missable side quests and lack of chapter selects will make it challenging. I don't want more than 2 playthrus.

But first I decided to dust off another game I started almost five years ago, Jak and Daxter. I know lots of people find it to be extremely easy. But not me. I have started from scratch 3 times now. Last night I got farther than ever before and earned 2 more trophies pushing me up to a whopping 22% [Yeahhhh!] and still a disappointing E rank [Boooo]. Hopefully I will report additional progress on this excellent game next time.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 8:34 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (36% => 50%)

100%:

• A Boy and His Blob (28%)
  • ABZU (100%)

I am starting the FFXIV trial today, but I did take some time before then to get some more trophies in Dragon Fantasy Book 2, so now I'm almost near the end of the game and got the first ingredient for the ultimate sword that Ogden is gonna grind with. ;)

Progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (17%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (12%)
Nier Automata (0%)
Nights of Azure (18%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (66% -> 87%)
Starwhal (25%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (14%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (11% -> 15%)
Bastion (1%)
Croixleur Sigma (23%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)
History Legends of War: Patton (0%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (100%)
Ultratron (52%)

Done with everything in Puyo Puyo Tetris except popping Puyos. I'm at around 25k from finishing everything else, so that's still another 75,000 more to go. Might put that off for a while and play something else. Also still going through Atelier at a slow pace.

New Update:

2. Volume (PS4) - 0%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 43% => 100% :platinum:

Finished Lara Croft Go. Fun enough I suppose, but the loading times got a bit annoying at the end. Onto Volume now, I'm going to try and finish it before the end of the month. We'll see. Then I think I will start adding games.

Edited by colinmazzini
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 8:44 AM, Reasuns said:

I'd like to join in on this challenge. What's funny is I don't think my backlog is considered the same as others. I only load games on my account if I am going to 100%. So, instead, my backlog consists of games that I physically own but have never started. It's kind of a problem... I own so many games I've never even put in my PlayStation.

Here's my list:

PS3

God of War II (0%) 100%

God of War III (0%) 60% 100%

God of War: Ascension (0%)

God of War: Chains of Olympus (0%)

God of War: Ghost of Sparta (0%)

PS4

Odd World: New n' Tasty (0%)

Final Fantasy XV (0%)

Borderlands 2 (7%)

Challenge update 2. Took a brief vacation and am now ready to continue through the god of war series. I'm starting to worry about FFXV and BL2 getting finished. Specifically BL2 cause I have to wait for my buddy to get time off work to continue.

3 minutes ago, Reasuns said:

Challenge update 2. Took a brief vacation and am now ready to continue through the god of war series. I'm starting to worry about FFXV and BL2 getting finished. Specifically BL2 cause I have to wait for my buddy to get time off work to continue.

I would anticipate about 60 hrs for FF, could be done in less but why rush, plenty to see ?

Edited by cjshaitan

I can't be bothered to get my previous percentage on it, but I'm at 98% for Nier: Automata now and just waiting for my plat avalanche at the end of the month to buy the last trophy from the trophy shop.

Aside from a few minor gripes, this was a fucking amazing game that certainly deserves the praise it got. Even though I was specifically rushing through (while still fully reading the story) for the sake of getting this plat ready in time for a .org event, I feel like I would've probably done so anyway just because the game's that hard to put down.

Also, sorry to @cjshaitan for not posting updates more frequently. It was difficult to get around to that when I spent most if not all of my free time playing this. :P

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I can't be bothered to get my previous percentage on it, but I'm at 98% for Nier: Automata now and just waiting for my plat avalanche at the end of the month to buy the last trophy from the trophy shop.

Aside from a few minor gripes, this was a fucking amazing game that certainly deserves the praise it got. Even though I was specifically rushing through (while still fully reading the story) for the sake of getting this plat ready in time for a .org event, I feel like I would've probably done so anyway just because the game's that hard to put down.

Also, sorry to @cjshaitan for not posting updates more frequently. It was difficult to get around to that when I spent most if not all of my free time playing this. :P

No problems, glad to hear you enjoyed it. Everyone who has played it seems to love it, and I certainly enjoyed the first few hours. Hoping to get back into it next week, ☺️

Platinums:

• Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (50% => 73% => 100%:platinum:)

100%:

• A Boy and His Blob (28%)
  • ABZU (100%)

As I was charging my Vita, I decided to knock out some more trophies. Tried A Boy And His Blob first and got reminded how much I hate the game, then went back to Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice and knocked out a lot of stuff, got the +1 Ultima Sword for Ogden and cleaned up the remaining miscellaneous trophies. Now all I have to do is grind Oggie up to max level (which is the most tedious part) and then rush him to the final boss and destroy it with just Oggie along, then the plat will be mine. :D

:ninja:NINJA EDIT:ninja: The plat is mine! I doubt that anyone was awake to post an update but I managed to buckle down, grind out the rest of the levels, and defeat the final boss with just Ogden. I am going to take a break to work on the Vita version of LEGO Harry Potter and the FFXIV free trial today, then I'll spend the next two days working on the random parts of the list to try to complete everything save the Kingdom Hearts games for the July race. ;)

Edited by MidnightCJ

Progress Update: Week 4

1. Fallout 4 (0%)
  2. inFAMOUS Second Sun (14% => 100%) :platinum:
  3. Far Cry Primal (100%) :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein Old Blood (100%) :platinum:
  5. Titanfall 2 (0%)

Finished and platinum'd inFAMOUS Second Son.  Really enjoyed this game, despite it feeling a little grindy near the end of my second (evil) playthrough.  The game still holds up as one of the best looking games of this gen.  Would recommend.

Titanfall 2 up next.  

3 down, 2 to go. ?

New Update:

2. Volume (PS4) - 0% => 21%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 43% => 100% :platinum:

Into Volume now. I'm not sure I really love it. They keep adding some new mechanics but I feel like by level 100 I'll be pretty burnt out on the whole stealth thing. Kinda repetitive. I'm on level like 37 or 38 or something. I'm not sure if I will finish it tonight, might be tomorrow.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:32 PM, Reasuns said:

I understand the joy of BL2 coop. But, playing coop messed me up on the trophy for finding all locations. Your coop partner opens up your map, but you don't get credit for it until you personally go there. With the whole map fully exposed, it is tough finding the spot you missed. Also the trophy for completing all level 1 challenges is a grind. Start getting getting in your face shotgun kills early.

I recommend you play with your friend for fun, but use a different character for the majority of the trophies. Since you need to level up the original 4 characters anyway for each of their specific trophies, this approach keeps you from waiting on your buddy. If you need help with Terramorphous, let me know. ?

Edited by voyager49