Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

Update 7:

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita) - 100%

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (Vita) - 4%

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (Vita) - 91%

The Little Acre (PS4) - 100%

Psychonauts (PS4) - 1%

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episodes 2 to 5 (PS3) - 0%, 0%, 0% and 0%

So, my only movement in the last 3-4 weeks has been one trophy on AC Chronicles - not going well at the moment.

Taking a little time out and working on some other games that need finishing like Bridge Constructor.

I might get round to Sly 3 but all in all the event has not gone as planned for me! Games I was expecting to love have not quite had the appeal (AC and Psychonauts) and I'm sure they'll pop up in later completion events that I join.

Progress Update: Week 10

1. Fallout 4 (49% => 67%)
  2. inFAMOUS Second Sun (100%) :platinum:
  3. Far Cry Primal (100%) :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein Old Blood (100%) :platinum:
  5. Titanfall 2 (0% => 100%:platinum:
  6. Until Dawn (0%)
  7. Inside (0 => 100%) 2714.png

Managed to make good progress in Fallout 4 this week, finishing 5 out of the 6 DLC packs (just Nuka-World to go).  Really enjoyed the Far Harbour campaign.

In the spirit of this summer challenge and to make an effort into trying to finish my list of games, I'll start Until Dawn this week.  Would have preferred to wait until after I'd finished Fallout 4, but I know I'm going to cut it fine with the deadline on that game.  

• Like 1

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 69% => 86%

2. Volume (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

8. Tony Hawk Pro Skater hd (PS3) - 90% => 100%   :platinum:

9. White tail challenge (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

10. Energy Cycle (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

11. Mr. Massagy (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

12. Catlateral Damage (PS4) - 46% => 50%

13. My Name is Mayo (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

14. Coffin Dodgers (PS4): - 100% :platinum:

15. Wheels of Aurelia (PS4) - 60% => 100% :platinum:

16. Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (PS3) - 100%

17. Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

18. South Park: Stick of Truth (PS3) - 31% => 100% :platinum:

19. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (PS4) - 40% => 100% :platinum:

20. The Raven (PS3) 24%

Finished off Wheels of Aurelia. Still an interesting game all around. I beat all of the DLC for Star Wars Force Unleashed, interesting I suppose with the alternate history or whatever. I foresee quite a bit of frustration with the last two challenges I have to get gold on. It may take me awhile. I knocked out a bit more of Catlateral Damage. Going to try and knock out a good portion of the Raven before my next post.

Another Lack of Progress Update:

In my last post I said I would finish Life is Strange. I have. Wow, what a game! I loved the freshness the game had in the concept, implementation, trophies, graphics, etc. Really top shelf. The plot though started dark and twisty in Chapter 1 and got progressively more dark and twisty by the end. Fair warning! Soon a prequel (I think) will be released. I can't decide if I want to play it or not. The things I loved about the game screams "Hell yes!!!", but if the plot is equally depressing I'm also hearing " Better walk away". I would love to hear opinions on this.

This weekend I plan on turning my attention on the last 2 games still on my list. This morning I will try to overcome my lack of skill on Epic Mickey. Please send good vibes my way, I need it!

Another one falls, and it was a great game :)

Fate/Hollow Axteria (Vita) 0%

Hakuoki Kyoto Winds (Vita) 0%

Fate/Stay Night (Vita) 0%

Memories Off 6 Complete (Vita) 0%

Zero-Time Dilemma (Vita) 0% => 100% Plat

Lego Batman 3 (PS4) 100%

Crash 2 (PS4) 100%

• Like 2

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 86% => 92%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

12. Catlateral Damage (PS4) - 50% => 76%

20. The Raven (PS3) 24% => 64%

One trophy left in Star Wars, but it is the awful last two challenges that I am stuck on. Catlateral Damage is now just the grind of finishing 50 levels. For the Raven I have finished chapter 2, so all I have left is Chapter 3. Should finish that today or tomorrow. Depends on how much time I put into Star Wars.

Still no progress on Mickey. Most disappointing. I decided to postpone KZ until after I get thru AC4 Black Flag as much as possible because otherwise I won't can't keep up with what buttons do what when switching games. Helps to explain my backlog. So, I'm officially adding PS4 Freedom Cry to the Summer Challenge. Then KZ next weekend, and finally one last push on Mickey.

Progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (24%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (100%)
NieR Automata (11% -> 31%)
Nights of Azure (22%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (100%)
Starwhal (46%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (15%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (28% -> 68%)
Bastion (18%)
Croixleur Sigma (45%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (100%)
History Legends of War: Patton (7%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (100%)
Ultratron (52%)

Been concentrating mostly on NieR and Atelier over the week. Beat Escha's story in Escha and Logy Plus, getting all but 10 trophies that I'll pick up in Logy's route. In NieR I'm almost to Ending A and I've picked up a number of miscellaneous trophies while doing sidequests.

• Like 1

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 92%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

12. Catlateral Damage (PS4) - 76% => 100% :platinum:

20. The Raven (PS3) 64% => 100% :platinum:

One trophy away from completing the entire summer backlog challenge with the max amount of games. It is still the Star Wars Challenge one. It is incredibly difficult, but I did manage to beat one of the challenges. All that remains is one single challenge (that will still probably take me days to be good enough to actually beat). I finished off my other two today. The Raven had a pretty good ending for what it was. It was nice to finish Catlateral Damage, that is probably the nicest thing I could say about it.

• Like 3

Finished up the main story missions this evening in Freedom Cry, but still need 100% sync on the last two. I really enjoyed this game. Word of caution, if you have not played Black Flag, there is no tutorial for the ship controls. Since it started as a dlc this makes sense. But as a standalone release it is challenging.

I hope to finish all the misc trophies over the next couple of days, and then focus on 100%.

• Like 1

Final update for me. I finished up Tales last night, but there's no way I will get Dead Space finished before the end of August (I'm trying to finish inFAMOUS 2 before I move on to DS). So with that, Dead Space will move on to my fall challenge and I can put a close on this one!

1. XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) - 100% (39/39)
  2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - 100% (33/33)
  3. Dead Space - 0% (0/49) - MOVED TO FALL CHALLENGE
  4. Tales From the Borderlands (PS4) - 67% (22/36) 100% (36/36)
  5. Game of Thrones (Telltale, PS4) - 100% (49/49)
  6. Level 22 - 100% (21/21)
Edited by hotdog_president
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2017 at 2:02 AM, SpellbladeKnight said:

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation ---- (21%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Steins Gate ----------------------------- (0%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Super Stardust Delta------------------ (8%) >>>>>> 100%

Soldner X-2: Final Prototype -------- (0%) >>>>>> 100%

Titan Souls ------------------------------ (0%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Severed-----------------------------------(0%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Salt and Sanctuary--------------------(97%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth (0%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Final update(9): I finished the last of my games for the challenge: "Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth". Due to the fact that I really wanted this game to erase Hitman Go as my fastest Platinum, I kinda cheesed it towards the end, but when I have time I'll go through the extra tidbits at my own pace. The graphics are just exceptional. Overall, this challenge has been really fun; I feel a little less reserved about going after certain Platinums now.

In any case, all the best to everyone in this challenge and the Fall challenge. And congrats to @colinmazzini on a superb performance during this challenge

• Like 4

20 hours ago, voyager49 said:

Congratulations on your finish Colin. Awesome and inspiring!

3 hours ago, SpellbladeKnight said:

In any case, all the best to everyone in this challenge and the Fall challenge. And congrats to @colinmazzini on a superb performance during this challenge

Thank you both of you.

Progress Update: Week 11

1. Fallout 4 (49% => 67%)
  2. inFAMOUS Second Sun (100%) :platinum:
  3. Far Cry Primal (100%) :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein Old Blood (100%) :platinum:
  5. Titanfall 2 (0% => 100%:platinum:
  6. Until Dawn (0%)
  7. Inside (0 => 100%) 2714.png

Zero progress for me this week.  Did a blind playthrough of Until Dawn (an underwhelming game) and managed to miss all the trophies, so I'm halfway through my second playthrough whilst collecting all the collectables that I missed.

Congrats to @colinmazzini & @SpellbladeKnight for finishing their lists.  Hats off to you.  

• Like 2

PSVita

• Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (55/55 l 100%)
  • Root Letter (27/27 l 100%)

PS3

• Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel (0/59 l 0%)

PS4

• Atelier Sophie - Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (0/45 l 0% >>> 8/45 l 11%)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered (2/64 l 1%)
  • Tales of Berseria (49/51 l 98% >>> 51/51 l 100%)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (0/21 l 0%)

The Berseria platinum is mine now!

I started Atelier Sophie. I loved the Dusk series and was pretty unimpressed by what I saw from Sophie before I bought the game. But it's even more underwhelming than I expected, I'm actually a little shocked. There are some details I like so far, but overall the game feels like a huge step back in most aspects sadly. Hopefully I'll warm up to it once I've played some more.

I'm confident that I can finish this game before the 31st though!

Edited by alte_muehle91

25 minutes ago, voyager49 said:

Congratulations on your finish also Spellbladeknight. Nicely done! I'm envious of the AC Liberation plat. I have a rooftop race that I can't manage to do which is preventing me from having it.

Thanks! Was actually a bit glad when I got that plat out the way since multiplayer was a grind. For the rooftop race, I think there were two main factors that influenced the outcome. Firstly, the guards on the roof: I recommend using the double barrel gun. There are 2 rooftop guards, and with the double barrel gun, you wont need to reload or miss a beat. The second factor was that on the last stretch, I had to remember to jump to the house and trees on the right instead of staying on the left. Touching the street is probably a bad sign. Everything else pretty much comes down to efficiency and memory.

Found a youtube video that takes a different approach. Race starts at the 4:00 mark. Hope this helps

Thanks for the tips. I've been trying to finish AC Liberation  off an on for around 2.5 years! Sad but true. I probably also have some 100% sync I'm missing too. Will let you know how it goes.

But first, I am quite pleased to say I finished up AC Freedom Cry, including the dreaded 100% sync! So this weekend I have been attacking Killzone HD. Still on the 1st playthru of 4, but have 40% of the trophies. Many of which are the weapon challenges. Hopefully, this is the playthru on Hard. If so, the next 3 runs on easy will be cake. If not....

On 8/15/2017 at 11:57 PM, colinmazzini said:

Final Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 92% => 100% :platinum:

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

12. Catlateral Damage (PS4) - 76% => 100% :platinum:

20. The Raven (PS3) 64% => 100% :platinum:

Well amazingly about 3 minutes ago I managed to beat the final challenge of Star Wars. It was a timed challenged and I messed up a few times so I thought there was no way I was going to beat it, but I thought I would finish the run for practice. When the clock finished I had just over a second to spare and it really caught me off guard. This platinum really feels like an accomplishment since I really wasn't sure if I could beat the challenges. With that brings to a close my summer challenge, I suppose, as I cannot add any more games. Don't get me wrong I still have a few trophy grade ranks to raise for the Boost your trophy rank backlog challenge, and I will keep working on getting platinums as I am only 8 away from 100 now (not bad since I started with 45 at the beginning of the year). Oh and I guess this will free me up for real life and stuff since my wife and I are expecting our baby in like a week. I guess I got it done just under the wire. Good luck to everyone else, I will still be following and pulling for all of you to finish your own challenges. See you in the Fall challenge.

Congrats. I anxiously await your sign up.

• Like 1