Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

I haven't gotten around to playing any more but I disliked Invizimals enough and I have little enough gaming time that I'm hesitating about going back to it. It may prove an obstacle high enough that I just give up right here and now.

... Spy Chameleon is available on PS+ now, perhaps I should check if that one is to my liking.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I haven't gotten around to playing any more but I disliked Invizimals enough and I have little enough gaming time that I'm hesitating about going back to it. It may prove an obstacle high enough that I just give up right here and now.

... Spy Chameleon is available on PS+ now, perhaps I should check if that one is to my liking.

I think you need to focus more on PlayStation you could make some great progress here and let other less gifted gamers have a chance on the Switch 

40 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

there is no shame in quitting a game that you're not having fun with it.  I would give Papa & Yo a shot though.  I had fun with it.  I've also heard good things about Costume Quest though I'm not sure about the second one.  On a side note I don't think Shadow ever actually added you to the list so you could in theory back out if you wanted to.  No shame, just games.

Edited by angelgrievous

35 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

I think you need to focus more on PlayStation you could make some great progress here and let other less gifted gamers have a chance on the Switch 

I smell me someone trying to work things around for their own advantage...

Don't compare yourself to me though. I've been playing Mario Kart games for more than twenty years (wow!) now... You shouldn't have to be on my level the first time you go against me in a race, after having just played one single cup yourself... Note that I was having some trouble to keep up with angel and zajac myself.

28 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

there is no shame in quitting a game that you're not having fun with it.  I would give Papa & Yo a shot though.  I had fun with it.  I've also heard good things about Costume Quest though I'm not sure about the second one.  On a side note I don't think Shadow ever actually added you to the list so you could in theory back out if you wanted to.  No shame, just games.

Personally I'd rather give Spy Chameleon a try as I played a bit of Papo & Yo years ago and that's a game I just wanted to get rid of. Hardly know anything about Costume Quest but it's Double Fine so once I get the drive to start it, I should be fine.

And yeah I noticed I'm not even in the OP yet, then again I checked the OP of the previous event before signing up for this one and I noticed that the OP does not really get updated with player progress and the likes.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 2:02 AM, SpellbladeKnight said:

I'd like to try my hand at this summer's run with these games:

Assasin's Creed III: Liberation ------ (21%)

Steins Gate ----------------------------- (0%) >>>>>> 100% :platinum:

Super Stardust Delta------------------ (8%) >>>>>> 100%

Soldner X-2: Final Prototype -------- (0%)

Titan Souls ------------------------------ (0%)

Update 2: Just finished Super Stardust Delta. Really fun game. Thought the Shock and Awe trophy would take longer but managed to snag it. On to the next game.

Edited by SpellbladeKnight

Criminal Girls (JP): 71% => 89%

I know I said I'd be doing Cyberdimension, but I didn't feel like getting to it just yet with how close I was to this one. Just have the final boss of Ether Zone 437 left, which I'm saving for a Plat Rain-esque event on .org.

I'm doing a rewatch of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood at the moment, so I can't imagine I'll get much else done until that's over.

6 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

Totally feel you on this.  I felt like have of my time was just to get the final level beaten.  At least you didn't have to get every golden banana Jiggie Golden cube to platinum the game

Right, I thought it was funny the whole point of the game was to rescue the dog and then you get the platinum just over half way through collecting the stuff. I can tell you one dog that isn't getting saved.

I guess I couldn't stay away long enough. Focusing on games that are on my shelf waiting to be played rather than on my PSN list.

1. Hitman GO :platinum:
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - 0%
  3. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%
  4. Final Fantasy XIII-2:platinum:
  5. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 0%
  6. Dangaronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 0%

Edited by Edunstar84

1. Game of Thrones 0%

2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 10%

3. The Order: 1886 0%

4. Life is Strange 0% --> 18%

5. Ghost Recon Wildlands 15% --> 16%

6. Watch_Dogs 0%

7. God of War 3 Remastered 0%

8. Wolfenstein: The New Order 0%

9. Fallout 3 0% --> 3%

10. LA Noire 0%

11. Far Cry 3 24%

12. Dead Space 0%

13. God of War 18% --> 90%

14. God of War 2 0%

15. God of War: Chains of Olympus 0%

16. God of War: Ghost of Sparta 0%

17. Rocketbirds 0%

18. Severed 0%

Started Fallout 3, I'm about 2 hours in and so far I'm enjoying it. The Wasteland looks amazing in this game, I'm just hoping it doesn't go glitchy as hell on me. I already glitched once when I was going to take the G.O.A.T. - I sat down in my desk and everyone else got pencils and paper and they were really scribbling away (not sure why because it's a 10 question multiple choice test, not a damn essay) but nothing would pop for me. I sat for about 3 minutes. I saved and loaded that save and everything proceeded as it should have, not sure what I did to freeze the game before.

I beat God of War today (yay!) and I completed the dreaded Challenge of the Gods about 10 minutes before posting this. Oh my #$*& I hated that. It was even worse than I remembered it. When I originally cleared it, I only remember Challenge 10 taking me about 1000 tries and an hour or something. This time? Challenge 7 (kill minotaurs and soldiers without being hit) and challenge 8 (killing all the medusas and soldiers) were my true rivals. Challenge 10 only took me about 10 minutes, surprisingly. Overall, an hour and a half was spent in pursuit of a gold trophy. I'm just thankful there are no more versions of God of War available so that I never have to do those challenges again. From what I remember, the Challenge of the Titans from God of War 2 wasn't as bad, so I think it's all uphill from here. :)

Progress update: 6

1. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 1 100%
  2. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 2 0%
  3. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 3 0%
  4. Deliriant 100%
  5. Never Alone 35%
  6. ALBEDO: Eyes From Outer Space 100%
  7. Ether One 0%
  8. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0%
  9. Gravity Rush: Remastered 9%
  10. Infamous: Second Son 14%
  11. Infamous: First Light 0% => 1%
  12. Tearaway: Unfolded 4%
  13. The Order: 1886 0%
  14. Hitman: Go 29%
  15. zombi 26%
  16. The Escapists: The Walking Dead 0%

Progress Update: 6

1. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter 100%
  2. Skylanders: Superchargers 73% => 75%
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 0%
  4. Saints Row: The Third 0%
  5. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 0%
  6. Dishonored 0%
  7. Bioshock 0%
  8. Murdered: Soul Suspect 0%
  9. The Order: 1886 0%
  10. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0%
  11. Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier 0%
  12. Planet 51: The Game 2%
  13. South Park: Stick of Truth 0%
  14. Telltale's Batman 64% => %100%
  15. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (vita) 13%
Edited by jninja79

On 6/5/2017 at 5:25 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (6%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (1%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (4%)
  • Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (4%)
  • Dark Cloud (18%)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0% :left:..:platinum:)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (3%)

100%:

• The Unfinished Swan (0%) (Not touching ever again)
  • Gone Home: Console Edition (100%)
  • A Boy and His Blob (14%)
  • ABZU (100%)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (19%)

R.I.P. Dragon Quest Builders being my landmark 30th. :(

I came to fact that TDTOM is a fast platinum. I died a zillion times but it's just an easy plat if you just focus on doing everything as fast as possible. Also, I had woken up at 11:45 AM and slept through the morning after putting out my trash so yeah, wasn't feeling in the mood to grind another chapter of DQB or even do the current challenges. And once I got into the goofy cornball narration I couldn't stop playing. ;)

On the plus side, my bucket list is now a bit more empty and the rest of the platinums are going to take a lot longer so it won't be a huge nightmare as I can focus on each and one oif the remaining two 100%. KH 0.2 is going to be the hardest of the non-plat to complete. (Well, maybe not Adventure Time but that's a Vita game so I can multi-task.)

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

R.I.P. Dragon Quest Builders being my landmark 30th. :(

I came to fact that TDTOM is a fast platinum. I died a zillion times but it's just an easy plat if you just focus on doing everything as fast as possible. Also, I had woken up at 11:45 AM and slept through the morning after putting out my trash so yeah, wasn't feeling in the mood to grind another chapter of DQB or even do the current challenges. And once I got into the goofy cornball narration I couldn't stop playing. ;)

On the plus side, my bucket list is now a bit more empty and the rest of the platinums are going to take a lot longer so it won't be a huge nightmare as I can focus on each and one oif the remaining two 100%. KH 0.2 is going to be the hardest of the non-plat to complete. (Well, maybe not Adventure Time but that's a Vita game so I can multi-task.)

Congrats.  I can't stand The Deadly Tower of Monsters.  It's not funny and really boring to me.  I wish I could play it just to finish it but I can't.  That is why it did not make my list.

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Sir(s) and Ladies. :) Is it too late for me to register? I wanted to ask, as this will be my first weekend free in nearly a month where I'll have off work to game for a while, and if it gives me a little boost towards registration, I can post my list in a reply to this one as I have it ready to go (and my profile has been updated just an hour ago for confirmation). :)

9 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I guess I couldn't stay away long enough. Focusing on games that are on my shelf waiting to be played rather than on my PSN list.

1. Hitman GO - 0%
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - 0%
  3. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%
  4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 0%
  5. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 0%
  6. Dangaronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 0%

3 hours ago, The1WithoutFear said:

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Sir(s) and Ladies. :) Is it too late for me to register? I wanted to ask, as this will be my first weekend free in nearly a month where I'll have off work to game for a while, and if it gives me a little boost towards registration, I can post my list in a reply to this one as I have it ready to go (and my profile has been updated just an hour ago for confirmation). :)

I joined several hours ago. It's not too late to join, but once you submitted your list, you can't change it. So choose wisely :P 

• Like 1

Lbb4510.png

I played a bunch of Spy Chameleon yesterday, it was pretty fun. Much more fun than Invizimals, at least. Spy Chameleon will not win any prizes but it's fun while it lasts. I've done two out of five missions (and 27 or 28 out of 75 levels), 100%ing all levels in the first mission but just running through the second mission. If the game manages to keep me invested after I finish the fifth mission, I'll go and 100% the game, otherwise it might be the final nail in the coffin for my attempt at this event since Spy Chameleon was the game I was looking forward to the most.

To those interested in the game: there's three random action trophies, there's five trophies with an extra challenge for a level and all the other trophies can be collected by just doing all levels, and all regular (fly/time/ladybug) challenges. There's a bunch of trophies linked to hard mode, but since one of those is "complete all levels and all challenges" basically you're going to have to do everything on hard anyway. Not that it's that super tough to do on hard (for now).

• Spy Chameleon (0% -> 23%)
  • Papo & Yo (4%)
  • Costume Quest 2 (0%)
  • Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (0% -> 10%)
  • echochrome (14%)

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I joined several hours ago. It's not too late to join, but once you submitted your list, you can't change it. So choose wisely :P 

choose-wisely.jpg

I do so hope that @The1WithoutFear chooses some really bad games, so I can post that other picture...

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 3

Progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (17%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (0%)
Nier Automata (0%)
Nights of Azure (18%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (0%)
Starwhal (15%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (14%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (0%)
Bastion (0%)
Croixleur Sigma (23%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)
History Legends of War: Patton (0%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (28% -> 54%)
Ultratron (0%)

Finally beat Hyperdimension Neptunia U, and now I can earn trophies in it that aren't bronzes. Should be finished with it by the end of the week, and I'll be able to download more of the easier Vita games as well.

1. Game of Thrones 0%

2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 10%

3. The Order: 1886 0%

4. Life is Strange 0% --> 18%

5. Ghost Recon Wildlands 15% --> 16%

6. Watch_Dogs 0%

7. God of War 3 Remastered 0%

8. Wolfenstein: The New Order 0%

9. Fallout 3 0% --> 3%

10. LA Noire 0%

11. Far Cry 3 24%

12. Dead Space 0%

13. God of War 90% --> 100%

14. God of War 2 0%

15. God of War: Chains of Olympus 0%

16. God of War: Ghost of Sparta 0%

17. Rocketbirds 0%

18. Severed 0%

Finally finished my first game, GOD OF WAR!! :):):) Only 17 more games to go! I finished my God of War speedrun last night (3 hours 7 min) and killed myself enough times to get offered easy mode and boom, platinum. I am truly becoming a better person for having joined this event. God of War 2 should be even faster since I think it'll only take one playthrough (no speedrun trophy this time) so I expect to have that one under my belt as well. I'm still not expecting to finish everything but one can hope.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, gonna be REAL busy platinuming Dragon Quest Builders because it's a rental and I can't keep it. :(

I'll try to get some of the other games worked on during that time, though, if I feel like it. (I am feeling really snappy today because I stayed up until 5 AM playing Maplestory. Dang Mega Burning event! ?)

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 13%

2. Volume (PS4) - 0%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 0%

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 0% => 100%

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 0%

7. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - 0% => 47%

I like Spider-Man so far, but it turns out it is harder than I thought. Maybe I have just been playing too many easy games, but I am struggling quite a bit to make it through. Oh well, I have decided I want it to be my 75th platinum so it is up next.

Update: 
1. Dead Space (PS3) - 1%

2. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3) - 0%

3. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) - 0%

4. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (PS4) - 0% -> 1%

5. ToeJam & Earl (PS3) - 42% -> 89%

5.5 ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (PS3) - 0%

Just need one more trophy for the first ToeJam & Earl game, I started the second one but I didn't like it at all. I should've looked it up before deciding on taking on that one too, I was expecting something more like the first one. Ah well. Going away on vacation for a few days, but hopefully I'll be able to finish of a few of the games after that.

Progress update:

1. Grim Fandango Remastered...............................100%
  2. Child of Light.......................................................14%
  3. Lone Survivor......................................................1%
  4. Oddworld: New n' Tasty.......................................1%
  5. Broken Age..........................................................0%
  6. Transistor............................................................13%
  7. Dead Space.........................................................4%
  8. The Evil Within.....................................................3%
  9. Outlast.................................................................3%
  10. BioShock 2...........................................................0%

I finished Grim Fandango yesterday, I enjoyed that game way more than I thought I would. :)

Guess nothing wrong with starting now

PS4:

1. WipEout Omega Collection ---------> 0%

2. Ratchet & Clank ----------------------> 12%

3. The Last Guardian -------------------> 18%

4. Wild Arms 3 ----------------------------> 3%

5. inFamous Second Son --------------> 0%

6. The Deadly Tower of Monsters ----> 1%

7. LEGO Jurassic World ----------------> 8%

8. Apotheon -------------------------------> 0%

9. Final Fantasy X HD ------------------> 3%

10. Strider ---------------------------------> 0%

11. God of War III Remastered --------> 0%

I edited to add God of War, I totally forgot about it

Edited by Jamberman

Progress Update: 7 (week 1 down folks)

1. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter 100%
  2. Skylanders: Superchargers 75% => 78%
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 0%
  4. Saints Row: The Third 0%
  5. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 0%
  6. Dishonored 0%
  7. Bioshock 0%
  8. Murdered: Soul Suspect 0%
  9. The Order: 1886 0%
  10. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0%
  11. Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier 0%
  12. Planet 51: The Game 2%
  13. South Park: Stick of Truth 0%
  14. Telltale's Batman 100%
  15. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (vita) 13%

So week one down and i've not done to bad progress wise. My original plan was to start of with skylanders by beating the story and doing a little bit of cleanup then moving on and coming back to it later as there's only so much kidification I can stand, however I actually enjoyed superchargers a lot more then I thought I would, I took a short break from it and finished of sherlock Holmes and telltale batman and I have decided to go back to skylanders.

Although the progress on skylanders for today doesn't look that much, i've done over 30 portal master ranks as well as another 3 emblems up to gold and have almost completely finished the story on nightmare with little to no hassle from any of the levels so far, however I am still yet to face kaos and the darkness boss fights so there may be a problem there.

As for this upcoming week, I plan to finish skylanders off before the weekend, and then will more then likely be starting assassins creed brotherhood using as much of my 24 hour charity livestream (just giving page link below) as possible to get the majority of them trophies out the way, should I be successful ill be in a good position to try and get through one of the bigger games on my list, that being either bioshock or dishonored.

Please check out my sponsored charity livestream taking place on 10th June, where I along with Foxdeano18 and another friend will be doing a 24 hour livestream as a part of Macmillan's gaming heroes event, to raise money to help there amazing cause.

Should you be willing to sponsor us in our cause our just giving page can be found here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/james-hutton-gameheroes