FawltyPowers - Games List and Stats

FawltyPowers

CxWs0s8.png

Hi everyone and welcome to my checklist.

I've been a gamer for over 30 years, starting out with a Commodore 64 and my first ever game Horace Goes Skiing, it's truly phenomenal how gaming has progressed in this time. I moved on to the Commodore Amiga in the early 90's followed by a SNES with the spectacular arcade perfect versions of Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat, a sign of things to come. I then made a console slip up in the form of the 3DO primarily to play Space Hulk while my other friends made a slightly better decision in the PS1 (Space Hulk was better though on the 3DO - that's my defense). After learning from the error of my ways I brought a PS1, followed by the PS2. My interest started to wane in console gaming, I wanted something more and discovered a game that hooked me in a way I never thought possible "World of Warcraft". I was instantly addicted and played this game solely until I moved house in 2010. It was during this point I purchased a PS3 and for a while began trophy hunting. However the draw of WoW pulled me back and I became immersed again, very rarely touching the PS3 until finally I decided to call it a day after 4 years. Since early 2014 I've been PS3 all the way.

I'm drawn primarily to hack 'n' slash, adrenaline fueled games. Levelling up, developing a character and most of all being challenged. Games that you have to get good to conquer are a rewarding feeling. I'm from an era where games were meant to be impossible or next to impossible to complete. I also enjoy horror, tense atmospheres and great stories. I won't play a game I couldn't care less about just for easy trophies and try to avoid multiplayer games. I'm very selective of the games I play mainly because I have very limited time to play them. I wouldn't say I'm particularly skilled but I am determined to keep going until I get there.

Since returning to the PS3 in 2014 I followed this site and created a basic spreadsheet, learning how to track statistics. It's evolved over the last 3 years and it's due to this spreadsheet I've been able to stay motivated in becoming a trophy completionist.

I decided to create this page to keep that motivation, to hopefully hear some suggestions of games you've played that may interest me that I'd never thought of and one day to find a game that hooks me in the same way World of Warcraft did. I'll try and keep this updated with the journey of each game I complete. I'll try not give away spoilers but if you don't want to know anything about these games then probably better to steer clear.

Trophy Progress in 2017

Spoiler

OnEj8fm.png

Happy to have finally got SSF4 and Borderlands 2 out of the way as they had been sitting on my list for years. Some tricky titles completed

Trophy Schedule

Spoiler

Working on the re-design

Currently playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, when complete the platinum will be my 3000th trophy and the platinum to Kingdoms of Amalur (the next game on my list) will take me to level 20. At that point I think I will move to the PS4, although I'm seriously considering Dark Souls as it's only available on the PS3. I've not made any future plans for the PS4 yet.

Trophy Completion - 99.00%

Spoiler

O9zkwpX.png

EDIT: Just noticed I need to correct Est Time and Earned Rarity

Only 1 outstanding game at present (not including Kingdoms of Amalur, currently at 0%). Unfortunately F.E.A.R. 2 and Ghostbusters will forever remain incomplete thanks to closed servers. My aim is to achieve 99.9% Completion one day.

Game Rarity - 10.76% - Rare

Spoiler

RY5jUpW.png

This stat is not recorded on this site but it's one I look at just as much as completion. It's quite straight forward as it takes the rarest trophy earned in each game and then provides an average. I'm currently sitting at rare but aim to cross into Very Rare in the near future. Rarity stats on the PS3 are dropping rapidly and I'm keeping an eye on them with an aim to update each month to see their movement. DmC Devil May Cry is extremely close to Ultra Rare, fingers crossed when I update in August it will be my 16th!

I've included the rarest trophy for each game for reference, thanks to Geometric figures a number of DLC trophies have now become Ultra Rare and in my book, all deserve to be there. The game highlighted in Purple is deliberate, it's the game I last earned a trophy in.

Backlog

Spoiler

PS3

• Alice: Madness Returns
  • BAYONETTA
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • CATHERINE
  • DARK SOULS
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • ICO
  • L.A. Noire
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
  • Puppeteer
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • VANQUISH

PS4

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • DARK SOULS III
  • Dishonored Definitive Edition
  • DRIVECLUB
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Metro: Last Light Redux
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Wishlist

Spoiler

PS3

• inFamous 2
  • Mass Effect 3

PS4

• Alien: Isolation
  • Bloodborne
  • DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
  • DOOM
  • Dying Light
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • FINAL FANTASY XV
  • Gauntlet
  • infamous Second Son
  • MAGICKA 2
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Nioh
  • Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  • The Evil Within
  • The Last Guardian
  • Until Dawn 

Thanks for visiting!

Edited by FawltyPowers
  • Like 1

GAME REVIEWS

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - Score 9.0/10

Spoiler

This is the best game I've played on the PS3, superb gameplay, controls and HUD. Great music (opening credits, end credits and Mistral fight come to mind) and effects. Negatively the camera could be awkward in some situations but it was manageable, the levels look a bit bland and the story was forgettable. This was a challenging game but fair (except for DLC VR mission 27).

Hardest part was DLC VR mission 27 and You're Hired. Close third was the Monsoon S Rank fight on Revengeance, VR Mission 18 and Twin Grads S Rank on R-02.

Dragon's Dogma - Score 6.5/10

Spoiler

Overall I thought this was a good RPG even if it was a bit rough around the edges, unfortunately even though there were a few enjoyable moments I never really got into it. It's a shame it didn't grab me enough to want to go beyond getting the platinum (BitterBlack Isle), but that said it was a lot better than Skyrim and has a LOT of potential if they were to ever make a sequel.

Dead Space 2 - Score 9.0/10

Spoiler

Get your headphones on and dim the lights! This game has an incredible atmosphere, from the adrenaline of dismembering necromorphs to the claustrophobia of zero gravity. Despite the games polish there didn't feel like much difference between this and the first game. In fact I would have scored this an 8.0/10 had it not been for Hardcore mode. This mode made the game shine and forced you to play differently, to think about how best to approach each situation, it gave death a consequence and as a result elevated this, to me, to be on the same level as the original. In my 7 hours 7 minutes and 22 seconds play through I died a total of 11 times, here they are along with the 3 save points used:

Death 1: Forgot route out of starting area, impressive

Death 2: Chapter 2 - First encounter with the explosive arse holes, forgot how much of a range they have when they go off

Death 3: Chapter 2 - Killed by puke, trying to conserve ammo just a bit too much

Save 1: Chapter 5 - Right at the end in the study just before the cut scene with Dana

Death 4: Chapter 6 - Killed by the brute at the transit hub.

Death 5: Chapter 5 - Killed by the brute after the cut scene where I had saved, appalling.

Death 6: Chapter 6 - Killed by the thing stuck to the wall after the brute at the transit hub, what the hell, never died from that before!

Death 7: Chapter 7 - After re-aligning the solar panels and flying to the next section, again, I've never done that, mistakes creep in when playing this mode.

Save 2: Chapter 9 - Just after picking up Ellie and Straus and spotting the Ishimura.

Death 8: Chapter 10 - The Ishimura Brute - tried to take down with the plasma cutter and failed

Death 9: Chapter 10 - The Ishimura Brute (again) - tried to take down with the line cutter and failed

Death 10: Chapter 13 - Very late at night and got complacent after the defences are dropped and men slaughtered, this one made me cross.

Save 3: Chapter 13 - Just before the laser room

Death 11: Chapter 14 - The room where I had to remove the panel and destroy the fuse. I forgot which room I was in and got overwhelmed with necromorphs

Demon's Souls - Score 8.0/10

Spoiler

There's no doubt, this is a cracking game. Progression is so clever, it forces you to get better and if you don't you die. If this was a single player campaign only and there wasn't the item duping exploit this would be an Ultra Rare platinum. For the record I played this game entirely offline, but I did use the duping glitch.

My frustrations with this game came with the trophy list not with the game itself, I felt as though I couldn't ever properly enjoy the experience because if I took my eye off the trophy guide (I used the one from this site) I could potentially have to re-do the game again from missing one key item and the guide is one long specific guide. Crystal lizards I don't mind farming, but having only a limited number of attempts at an item to drop before they've gone for good really got under my skin. I had to replay the game in NG just to get the Pure Darkmoonstone (for some reason the glitch in the guide didn't work on these like they did when I farmed the Moonlightstone). Also the Nexus Ring wouldn't work at the end of the game so I had to replay chapters in NG to get the final weapon.

Other minor irritations included "You regained Lost Soul", it reminded me of an unwelcome banner that appears across a web page when you're trying to read it, not great when you're in combat. There were also some noticeable frame rate issues that I was really surprised to see. The absence of a map irritated me at first but I understand why they left it out. My final play time was 56 hours and 40 minutes for my character "McTurd"

Edited by FawltyPowers

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Good luck with Hardcore difficulty on Dead Space 2. I would hate to have to think about repeating one or two hours of progress.

But 30 years of gaming... Jesus Christ. I thought 25 years for me was long enough.

Thanks a lot. Hardcore mode is not something I'm looking forward to if I'm honest and it almost put me off going for this altogether. I'm only on Chapter 5 on Casual at the moment but I've been reading a few posts on when to save and as I can only play in short bursts I'm aiming for saving at the beginning of Chapter 5, Chapter 10 and the eye-machine (even though I haven't a clue what that is yet).

Hard to believe it's 30 years, I had a Commodore 64, most of my friends had a Spectrum, another had an Atari, and one had an Acorn Electron (loved playing Arcadians on it). Younger people would laugh if they ever saw these games now, but back in the day it was amazing.

I started with the NES. Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros 3 I played in around 1990 - 1991. But I didn't play games much at all until I was around 4 years old in 1992.

I know the feeling. CD ROM games were amazing back when I was little because they had all these features that couldn't be added onto a floppy disk. My dad had a Windows 3.1 computer that I used to play games off of. Then one of my relatives would bring over his Super Nintendo and we would play Street Fighter II. Fun times. There was no online multiplayer back then, which meant you only had local multiplayer and it was quite enjoyable.

Nintendo was still making games for the NES so I got to experience both consoles. It's a shame we'll never see another era like that again.

Definitely a great era.

It is funny now how we complain about loading times now. If anyone played this game back in the 80's they would remember the loading time was around 25-40 minutes (can't remember now but I do remember it being the longest loading time of any game - when it loaded).

Insert cassette tape, press shift and run stop, press play on tape, hit C64 button in bottom left hand corner when the tape counter got to 10 and the game had been found, then go and have your dinner or play outside

Commodore-64-RARE-Game-KONG.jpg

I have been gaming for about 10-15 years now (i don't count the years i played games like Freddie Fish when i was 5 so probably closer to 10)

My first console was the PS1 but i hardly played on that and got a PS2, so i don't have much experience with older systems.

Nice list btw, i also have a spreadsheet with so many statistics on it that i surprised myself even when i looked over it.

Don't have that rarest trophy statistic, maybe do that in the summer, but it looks nice

35 minutes ago, Lars said:

I have been gaming for about 10-15 years now (i don't count the years i played games like Freddie Fish when i was 5 so probably closer to 10)

My first console was the PS1 but i hardly played on that and got a PS2, so i don't have much experience with older systems.

Nice list btw, i also have a spreadsheet with so many statistics on it that i surprised myself even when i looked over it.

Don't have that rarest trophy statistic, maybe do that in the summer, but it looks nice

The PS1 was a great console, I remember getting it chipped so I could play copied games, it also meant I could play Parasite Eve which you couldn't get in the UK. That was a great time back when my time was my own and I only had a job to worry about.

Thanks a lot, I hope I get around to them all one day. I find the rarity stat works quite nicely with the completion percentage. The more trophies you get in a game, the lower the rarity and the higher the completion. Not everyone's cup of tea but works well for me.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I've made a few updates to my checklist as of 9th July

• Original Post - Updated banner with latest stats.
  • Original Post - Trophy Progress in 2017 - NEW. A list of games played this year.
  • Original Post - Trophy Schedule - This is being re-designed to match the other lists.
  • Original Post - Trophy Completion - Changed to a new layout. I've now hit 99% completion for the first time!
  • Original Post - Game Rarity - Changed to a new layout that tracks rarest trophy earned for each game
  • 2nd Post - Game Reviews - I've now written basic overviews for the most recent games I've completed to 100%. They are:
  • METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE (9.0/10)
  • Dragon's Dogma (6.5/10)
  • Dead Space 2 (9.0/10)
  • Demon's Souls (8.0/10)
  • 3rd Post - Now reserved for future use

I'm currently working on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I've had this Platinum earmarked as my 3000th trophy for some time, wish me luck!