Darksiders III Coming 2018

Shadiochao

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/darksiders-iii-officially-announced-reveal-trailer

Following a leak this morning, THQ Nordic and Gunfire Games have officially announced that Darksiders III is currently in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and slated for release in 2018.

Here’s an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:

Return to an apocalyptic planet Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash action adventure where players take on the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The Charred Council calls upon Fury to battle from the heights of heaven down through the depths of hell in a quest to restore humanity and prove that she is the most powerful of the Horsemen. As a mage, FURY relies on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil. The expansive, Darksiders III game world is presented as an open-ended, living, free-form planet Earth that is dilapidated by war and decay, and overrun by nature. FURY will move back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the Darksiders III story.

IGN will have a month-long of “IGN First” coverage of the game in May, starting with the reveal trailer.

Watch the reveal trailer below. Visit the official website here.

On a related note, the Darksiders Fury Collection was released on the European PSN stores today. €19.99/£15.99 for the first two remastered games on PS4.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

I am wary of this, I already don't like that one of them is female, but that they're actually going with 'Fury' and not Pestilence or Conquest/Famine makes it a bit 'meh' to me.

It'll be interesting to see a whip weapon though, don't get many of those.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

I am wary of this, I already don't like that one of them is female, but that they're actually going with 'Fury' and not Pestilence or Conquest/Famine makes it a bit 'meh' to me.

The horsemen in the Darksiders universe have been named Death, War, Strife and Fury from the very start I believe so changing it to Pestilence/Conquest for this one game wouldn't have made much sense.

• Like 2

Just now, madbuk said:

The horsemen in the Darksiders universe have been named Death, War, Strife and Fury from the very start I believe so changing it to Pestilence/Conquest for this one game wouldn't have made much sense.

I know, I just had a minor hope they might change it, didn't think they would though.

This is really good news. Would love to see the 3rd installment. I may be in the minority here but I do like Darksiders 2. Maybe I just like the Darksiders series that I didn't notice those negative points identified from the 2nd chapter.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Fair enough.

I liked the first Darksiders, but for whatever reason, never bothered to play the second one.

The second one is the better one in my opinion it had a bit more to offer game play wise and had a lot more extra side content.  And i'm sure the third will be a great game too.

I hope the whip is more like Bayonetta's whip from Bayonetta 2.

• Like 2

Fucking great news! Been hoping for this since Darksiders II. While storywise DSII was a step-down in comparison to DSI, I really liked the worlds in DSII a lot more. Anyway, this is a great series and I'm happy to see continuation. :D

1 hour ago, Azaan60 said:

Now let's hope we can get Destroy All Humans 3

That'd be Destroy All Humans! 4. Path of the Furon was 3, and for some unknown reason, was only released on PS3 in the UK (worldwide on the Xbox360 though). Big Willy Unleashed was a spin-off game so it didn't count in the numerical series. I'd settle for a "Remaster" of 3 and Big Willy, which could help fund a 4th in the series.

As for Darksiders 3, I find it a bit odd they don't use Joe Madureira's name, just "signature artstyle". If I remember correctly he said he was talking with them a while back.

I think people don't give Darksiders II enough credit sometimes. The environs, combat and platforming were all better on the second game.

Anyway, I've been wanting Darksiders 3 for a long time, and after THQ went bankrupt was annoyed that I wouldn't see the end of a great saga.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asvinia said:

It was known that the Fury was female and wielded a whip for a long time, maybe even since the first game. I remember seeing her in the comic that was packed with the first game's SE or something.

• Like 1