Darksiders III Coming 2018

Shadiochao

I played the original last gen on the 360 but never got through it. I remember liking it but something else came out shortly after I started playing it that got my attention and I never went back to it. I guess I'll eventually go back and wrap that up since I still own it and if it's still as enjoyable as I remember it then I might get the sequels. 

23 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i hope they do NOT do co-op in the final game, it would be better suited to remain Single Player then do a separate game utilizing co-op that is in the same world but not part of the main story.

If the rumors are true, I do hope they go the way GoW Ascension was INTENDED to go (again, rumor) and have a game solely or MOSTLY dedicated to multiplayer, without a tacked on 1p story mode.

4 hours ago, Tohru Kobayashi said:

And why is it Fury shouldn't be a woman? The Book of Revelation does not give a specific gender for any of the Four Horsemen.

I just find women characters less interesting to play as, just personal opinion/preference.

inb4 "play any other of the male centered games then!"

I don't think the trailer looks that great though, so my opinion doesn't matter since I won't be playing.

Edited by Asvinia

25 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

If the rumors are true, I do hope they go the way GoW Ascension was INTENDED to go (again, rumor) and have a game solely or MOSTLY dedicated to multiplayer, without a tacked on 1p story mode.

as i said i hope they finish the story in Single player, if they go MP only or mostly then i will probably pass as multiplayer centric games have terrible stories.

So unbelievably pumped for this, even though I've only been waiting four years it seems like a lot longer- in fact, when THQ went under I despaired that this would ever happen at all! Not really getting all the hate for 2 (or for the fact that Fury is female- why does that matter?)- I thought 2 made some great improvements to the gameplay, it was just the story was a little less compelling. 

20 hours ago, Hertz said:

I love the first one, even though I never played it on PS but on my cousins Xbox, I never touched 2 so will see how this goes. 

lol @Hertz didnt played Darksiders 2 :P you should check it out, D2 is actually an action rpg. Thats how I would call it at least.

I still haven't played either game (save for 1 on X360 until the first achievement unlock), even though these games should be right up my alley. Have considered buying them at several occasions.

22 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

On a related note, the Darksiders Fury Collection was released on the European PSN stores today. €19.99/£15.99 for the first two remastered games on PS4.

Actually this is awesome news to me, I mean D1 is €20 now and D2 €30 so this is an amazing price even if it's not on a sale. Checking lowest PS4 sale price on psprices.com... D1 lowest price is €20 (never had a sale) and D2 lowest price is €12 (for PS+, otherwise €15). Dang. I'm going to have to give this some good thought, I can almost not resist this...

It's a wee bit weird though that they're calling it "Fury's Collection" while it's actually War and Death, with Fury being in the upcoming game.

19 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I was hoping for Strife, but I'm overjoyed to finally see news of a new Darksiders title!

Look on the bright side... Now Strife is left for D4, with even better graphics and gameplay!

21 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I am wary of this, I already don't like that one of them is female, but that they're actually going with 'Fury' and not Pestilence or Conquest/Famine makes it a bit 'meh' to me.

It'll be interesting to see a whip weapon though, don't get many of those.

I asked about this in a different thread about the future of the series and yeah, like others said Pestilence and Famine never were part of the horsemen.

And not liking that it's a female seems silly to me, why is that exactly?

21 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

i kinda think its ingenius that they have fury as a woman  i mean   hell hath no FURY like a woman scorned :P

Brilliant!

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I still haven't played either game (save for 1 on X360 until the first achievement unlock), even though these games should be right up my alley. Have considered buying them at several occasions.

Actually this is awesome news to me, I mean D1 is €20 now and D2 €30 so this is an amazing price even if it's not on a sale. Checking lowest PS4 sale price on psprices.com... D1 lowest price is €20 (never had a sale) and D2 lowest price is €12 (for PS+, otherwise €15). Dang. I'm going to have to give this some good thought, I can almost not resist this...

I thought almost everyone owned these by now because of the humble bunde a few weekq ago. 15$ for darksiders 1&2 ps4 + a ton of other games.

22 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I thought almost everyone owned these by now because of the humble bunde a few weekq ago. 15$ for darksiders 1&2 ps4 + a ton of other games.

Nope, sorry... it helps that I have a European account, I don't remember the password for the account from when I was in the US so I can't get the humble bundles unless I go through some trouble. Didn't feel like it was worth it at that point since I had just bought a lot of other stuff and didn't want to have my backlog increase too much.

22 minutes ago, Artemisthemp said:

@BillyHorrible

Yes and it's dangerous since some could purchase it presuming they would get Darksiders 3 and instead only getting Darksiders 1 and 2

Well, if people think that's so for that price right now it's their own fault since the game is not even out yet but I can see this becoming a problem after the game has been released for a while.

29 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nope, sorry... it helps that I have a European account, I don't remember the password for the account from when I was in the US so I can't get the humble bundles unless I go through some trouble. Didn't feel like it was worth it at that point since I had just bought a lot of other stuff and didn't want to have my backlog increase too much.

Well, if people think that's so for that price right now it's their own fault since the game is not even out yet but I can see this becoming a problem after the game has been released for a while.

It takes 5 min to set up an us account.  I get that you didnt want to buy the humble bundle a few weeks ago, but now youre thinking of paying more for less games. Just seems a bit odd to me.

Either way darksiders 1 is pretty good and definitely worth the 20€ alone.

36 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

It takes 5 min to set up an us account.  I get that you didnt want to buy the humble bundle a few weeks ago, but now youre thinking of paying more for less games. Just seems a bit odd to me.

Either way darksiders 1 is pretty good and definitely worth the 20€ alone.

The hassle of making a US account for my PS4 combined with the backlog increasing were enough to make me not get the humble bundle.

I still might not get it for this price, at least not right now - I've still got the backlog problem. Perhaps when I've played more of my backlog, and/or if it's on a sale. I won't dispute that the games are worth this price, it's just that I don't feel like paying €20 for two games when I have dozens of games still to play.

Edited by BillyHorrible

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The hassle of making a US account for my PS4 combined with the backlog increasing were enough to make me not get the humble bundle.

I still might not get it for this price, at least not right now - I've still got the backlog problem. Perhaps when I've played more of my backlog, and/or if it's on a sale. I won't dispute that the games are worth this price, it's just that I don't feel like paying €20 for two games when I have dozens of games still to play.

That's all good, from you earlier comments it seemed like you were going to buy it since you almost couldn't resist it. :giggle: If i were you i'd wait a while until both are on a sale.

8 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

That's all good, from you earlier comments it seemed like you were going to buy it since you almost couldn't resist it. :giggle: If i were you i'd wait a while until both are on a sale.

True, true, I think the price is very tempting. Luckily, I can keep control over my purchases a lot better than a few years back. It helps that I'm trying hard to finally get through Witcher III right now and that I know I have a lot of (relatively) time consuming games left to go, so I'm not aching to add two more big games (at least games that count as big to me, always have to be careful with phrasing on this site).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

And not liking that it's a female seems silly to me, why is that exactly?

I find female characters are always either written with tits and ass in mind, or they're really irrational. Like they have no motivation behind things they do, they just do it.

I've not read the comics so maybe she has some good character building, I don't know, but from the trailer she gives me the impression she's just typical 'crazy girl' just for the sake of fulfilling her name. Her hair bugs me as well lol 

19 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

I find female characters are always either written with tits and ass in mind, or they're really irrational. Like they have no motivation behind things they do, they just do it.

I've not read the comics so maybe she has some good character building, I don't know, but from the trailer she gives me the impression she's just typical 'crazy girl' just for the sake of fulfilling her name. Her hair bugs me as well lol 

There are plenty of female-fronted games whose protagonists are nothing like you have just described. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

2 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

There are plenty of female-fronted games whose protagonists are nothing like you have just described. 

First of all, she wouldn't be Fury if she wasn't furious. That's like complaining that a character named "Daredevil" is taking unnecessary risks.

Second, yeah I don't know about the design yet, which puts more emphasis on her breasts than I would like but then again at least her whole stomach is covered in armour. Personally I'm more bothered by the cartoony face than by anything else, and that's not about gender for me but purely the art style. Again, haven't played the other two games yet so I'm not sure how she was represented before.

Third, like MeteorHawk said, there's plenty of female protagonists who break those 'always' rules you mention. Evie Frye from Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn and Chell from the Portal series are a few recent ones that come to mind, and Chloe from the Uncharted series becomes playable in the new standalone and seems to be a good aversion as well.