Darksiders III Coming 2018

Shadiochao

54 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

First of all, she wouldn't be Fury if she wasn't furious. That's like complaining that a character named "Daredevil" is taking unnecessary risks.

Second, yeah I don't know about the design yet, which puts more emphasis on her breasts than I would like but then again at least her whole stomach is covered in armour. Personally I'm more bothered by the cartoony face than by anything else, and that's not about gender for me but purely the art style. Again, haven't played the other two games yet so I'm not sure how she was represented before.

Third, like MeteorHawk said, there's plenty of female protagonists who break those 'always' rules you mention. Evie Frye from Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn and Chell from the Portal series are a few recent ones that come to mind, and Chloe from the Uncharted series becomes playable in the new standalone and seems to be a good aversion as well.

You can be furious, just be furious for a reason.

I'm sure there are decent female characters in a some games, just not many I've played, I didn't expect you to take it so literally.

Not going to apologise for having a different opinion.

On 5/2/2017 at 6:13 AM, Shadiochao said:

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/darksiders-iii-officially-announced-reveal-trailer

On a related note, the Darksiders Fury Collection was released on the European PSN stores today. €19.99/£15.99 for the first two remastered games on PS4.

So what horsemen if Fury supposed to represent? (Never played the series) As I recall, there's supposed to be War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death. 

2 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

So what horsemen if Fury supposed to represent? (Never played the series) As I recall, there's supposed to be War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death. 

The Darksiders universe follows a different set of Horsemen but I believe it was Famine they changed. The games have a lot of lore to them and is actually not that bad.

Some of the comics was dreadful but overall it's a nice plot it's just that the games are a bit underrated and handled a bit poorly (DSII DLC bullshit comes to mind).

If you are new to the series the games are quite cheap to get theses days only thing you should be careful about is that DSII on Ps3 cannot be platinumed.

2 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

The Darksiders universe follows a different set of Horsemen but I believe it was Famine they changed. The games have a lot of lore to them and is actually not that bad.

Some of the comics was dreadful but overall it's a nice plot it's just that the games are a bit underrated and handled a bit poorly (DSII DLC bullshit comes to mind).

If you are new to the series the games are quite cheap to get theses days only thing you should be careful about is that DSII on Ps3 cannot be platinumed.

Correct as they even say in the trailer "Rider of the Black Horse" and Strife is the White Rider.

I just hope her eyes do not remain THAT BIG. aside from that i do not have an issue with her design

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

2 hours ago, Asvinia said:

You can be furious, just be furious for a reason.

I'm sure there are decent female characters in a some games, just not many I've played, I didn't expect you to take it so literally.

Not going to apologise for having a different opinion.

That's not fair. Nobody's saying you have to apologise for having a different opinion. But you can't say stuff like this...

4 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I find female characters are always either written with tits and ass in mind, or they're really irrational.

... and not expect people to bring counter-arguments.

War Abyssal Armor:

War_Abyssal_Armor.png

Death Abyssal Armor:

Death_Abyssal_Armor.png

Look like Abyssal Armor to anyone else?

Darksiders-3.jpg

would be interesting to Start with the Armor and fight All 7 Sins at the start only to lose and the armor gets "broken" so you re-collect it along the way. However since her fight is sanctioned by the council she should technically start out stronger that War or Death.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

On 5/3/2017 at 10:44 AM, NightRusticDawn said:

I will eventually get into the series, as people say it's similar to God of War, but why is it not platinumable on PS3? I'd be more likely to get on PS4 anyway.

11 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I will eventually get into the series, as people say it's similar to God of War, but why is it not platinumable on PS3? I'd be more likely to get on PS4 anyway.

You could send items to other players as gifts on the PS3 version and there was a trophy for doing so, but the servers went down a while ago and it doesn't look like THQ Nordic will be able to bring them back.

Just now, Shadiochao said:

You could send items to other players as gifts on the PS3 version and there was a trophy for doing so, but the servers went down a while ago and it doesn't look like THQ Nordic will be able to bring them back.

Ah, that sucks. Well I prefer playing on PS4 anyhow especially with the instant trophy syncing.

4 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

it is closer to DMC than GoW, at least part 1

Darksiders = DMC meets Zelda

Darksdiers 2 = GoW meets Zelda meets Prince of Persia

well, gameplay video is up.

I can be wrong, but it looks closer to the original Darksiders, which I appreciate, or balanced between both previous entries. I like it.

I never was a fan of D2 palette, and the non-epic soundtrack. 

Edited by GoldenShaka

On 5/5/2017 at 10:50 AM, DarkHarmonixer said:

it is closer to DMC than GoW, at least part 1

Darksiders = DMC meets Zelda

Darksdiers 2 = GoW meets Zelda meets Prince of Persia

Haven't played DMC or Zelda before, but Prince of Persia was a fun series. 

3 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Haven't played DMC or Zelda before, but Prince of Persia was a fun series. 

did you play 3D Dot Game Heroes? the overworld setup in the series is Zelda, part 1's combat is very reminiscent of DMC while part 2's combat feels more like GoW. part 2 also add a lot of acrobatic things like wall running.

4 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Is it actually impossible to plat? Because I'm  planning on completing it in my backlog?

PS3 version is impossible, PS4 version isn't due to removal of the online trophies.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

did you play 3D Dot Game Heroes? the overworld setup in the series is Zelda, part 1's combat is very reminiscent of DMC while part 2's combat feels more like GoW. part 2 also add a lot of acrobatic things like wall running.

No, i haven't. Is 3D Dot Game any good?

10 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Is it actually impossible to plat? Because I'm  planning on completing it in my backlog?

If you haven't started it yet, then the ps3 version is impossible. Everything but the 'Pay It Forward' trophy is still obtainable though. 

3 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

No, i haven't. Is 3D Dot Game any good?

It's a pretty fun game. It is pretty faithful to old SNES era Zelda games, with some humor thrown in to boot. I highly recommend it if you enjoy old school feeling action/adventure games. 

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

If you haven't started it yet, then the ps3 version is impossible. Everything but the 'Pay It Forward' trophy is still obtainable though. 

It's a pretty fun game. It is pretty faithful to old SNES era Zelda games, with some humor thrown in to boot. I highly recommend it if you enjoy old school feeling action/adventure games. 

I may give it a try then.

I am a fan of the Darksiders series, I loved the first game, but I couldn't get into the second game. Then I took a break, since why not, there wasn't any online trophies...But I was wrong, there WAS one trophy, one sneaky trophy I easily overlooked. Pay It Forward the trophy that screwed me out of this platinum. All Darksiders 3 has to do for me is... 

1. Be a good game,

2. No Online co-op related trophies

3. No tacked on competitive multiplayer 

4. Have a solid story

In preparation for Darksiders 3, I think I'll buy the first two games again on PS4, at the very least, I can finally add a shiny Darksiders 2 platinum, to my trophy collection.

10 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

I am a fan of the Darksiders series, I loved the first game, but I couldn't get into the second game. Then I took a break, since why not, there wasn't any online trophies...But I was wrong, there WAS one trophy, one sneaky trophy I easily overlooked. Pay It Forward the trophy that screwed me out of this platinum. All Darksiders 3 has to do for me is... 

1. Be a good game,

2. No Online co-op related trophies

3. No tacked on competitive multiplayer 

4. Have a solid story

In preparation for Darksiders 3, I think I'll buy the first two games again on PS4, at the very least, I can finally add a shiny Darksiders 2 platinum, to my trophy collection.

agreed 100%, but i just say no to co-op in general for Darksiders.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer