No point in Clicking/Abilites after a while?

Nutrageous69

Once you get the Ancient that increases dps by 25%/level while Idle (no clicks for 60 seconds) and level them a few levels, is there a reason to use abilities other than the +5% permanent damage (I usually use the double ability combo for +10%)?

I mean you lose the +damage for 60 seconds after using the abilities for around 30 seconds so once you've level the ancient to anywhere like 5 or 6 it would seem the temp 30 second boost won't make up the lost bonus idle dps to make it worth using not to mention you won't get the bonus idle dps for another 60 seconds after using it, so right now the only time I'm using abilities is when I activate the permanent +5% buff to get the most bang for the buck.

If you double up on your double damage, and also use the critical skill, this can be used to get you one extra boss during your early runs (i.e. until you're hitting level 1000 or so). This will get you a few extra hero souls when a few extra hero souls really matter.

But your instinct is correct - for an idle build (which seems to be what you'll be working on), the abilities will hamper you later.

Edited by starcrunch061

It depends on your ancients, can't remember the names but the ancient that increases dps per click by a set amount (starring at 0.01) will eventually provide more damage than the idle damage boost one. Can cause loads more damage if you have a turbo controller and leave it for a while :)

Edited by CaptainMonkster