Leaderboards by state in the U.S.

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I think it would be cool if we could separate the USA leader board by state as well.  I have often wondered how I stack up against others in my state and have no way to check it.  Just a thought @Sly Ripper.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly Ripper said:

It's not possible automatically, so it'd be a really small leaderboard.

Wasn't sure, that's why I asked.  Just always thought it would be nice to compare to others in my home state.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Our PSN accounts have a zip code, can't it be filtered that way?

I highly doubt that's info that's pulled by api. Very likely only gives country account is registered in. 

28 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Our PSN accounts have a zip code, can't it be filtered that way?

If my zip code is available to be tied to my PSN account from public APIs, I'm gonna be pissed!

While Sony is definitely able to see that, PSNProfiles pulls trophy information from them, but can't pull account information like zip code.

i think of this often its a neat idea. i'm highly curious if anyone in the state of R.I. is ahead of me. i'm not that highly ranked in the u.s. but i wonder if i'm the highest in my state since i for some reason cant imagine there being trophy hunters around here. seems like most people from certain towns lead normal lives or thug lives. LOL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i think of this often its a neat idea. i'm highly curious if anyone in the state of R.I. is ahead of me. i'm not that highly ranked in the u.s. but i wonder if i'm the highest in my state since i for some reason cant imagine there being trophy hunters around here. seems like most people from certain towns lead normal lives or thug lives. LOL.

"I'm not highly ranked in the US"

*Looks at profile*

Me: "2025? Holy #$&&!!!"

OT: good idea, but it wouldn't be comparable across states. It'd be more like it's own country at that point.

Though I'd be hilarious to be in the top 1000 in anything!!!

26 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

A thought what if on your profile on this site you entered your zip code or country and filter it by that. I do understand that this would entail a trust system that people would have to enter their correct info.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking.

52 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

"I'm not highly ranked in the US"

*Looks at profile*

Me: "2025? Holy #$&&!!!"

OT: good idea, but it wouldn't be comparable across states. It'd be more like it's own country at that point.

Though I'd be hilarious to be in the top 1000 in anything!!!

i don't find it very high, i don't credit myself much enough though. that's still a few thousand ahead of me and its easier to move up in world rank than it is for country rank lol. seems like other players with less of a level are higher ranked in their countries. 100s-1000s. if only the u.s. didn't dominate everything lol. :c such as the top player worldwide being a u.s. player by an insane margin.

• Like 1

Great idea if this was available automatically from our PSN id.

Could be interesting as a world concept, not just US and something of a first. Seeing a world map and concentrations of users. Also cool in that when people move locations they can update their profile. Could be a fascinating project if PSNProfile members got on board with it.

Of course you're relying on the user to provide the correct info, hate being cynical but I can imagine people trying different locations just to push themselves further up a leaderboard. You only have to see the BS people come up with on the gaming disputes to see that. Not sure if there could be some kind of verification system, beyond my knowledge though of what is achievable nowadays.

Edited by FawltyPowers

That is technically impossible because you can change your state as many times as you want and the region of the account is the same for all US States & territories.

The same happens to UK accounts, because your address can be changed, so there is no difference on PSN for ENG, SCO, WAL, N.I...

This website can track accounts by country because each account has a 'tag' that determines the region (like you have an user id for your PSN name) and since you can't change it once you create your account, that info is accessible.

Its possible because they do it on gamebattles.com.  I played competive cod for years and always checked my state rank.  The way the have it set up is when you make your account you simply type your state or region along with the country your from. Of course if your from California but wanna compare your trophies to someone in New York then you could simply change the state you want to view so they would not be entirely accurate but definelty possible to do.  

I'd be fine if Sly could set up a Ping verification to see where the location of my ISPs closest node is, but only at State-level accuracy. That way, it's a secondary piece of corroborated information and the people who would thwart that would thwart the initial state designation anyway.

This would only be required of people who want to see State level information so people could just opt out of the whole thing all together. 

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'd be fine if Sly could set up a Ping verification to see where the location of my ISPs closest node is, but only at State-level accuracy. That way, it's a secondary piece of corroborated information and the people who would thwart that would thwart the initial state designation anyway.

This would only be required of people who want to see State level information so people could just opt out of the whole thing all together. 

Just so you know, it doesn't really matter what you want or not, when you access the site, you are giving away your IP address, else the site wouldn't know where to return the data you request. This can be used to locate where you are from, like not just state, but also what city and approximately where in that city. Not your address or name or anything, just a close by ISP central or whatever.

Edited by MMDE

26 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Just so you know, it doesn't really matter what you want or not, when you access the site, you are giving away your IP address, else the site wouldn't know where to return the data you request. This can be used to locate where you are from, like not just state, but also what city and approximately where in that city. Not your address or name or anything, just a close by ISP central or whatever.

Yeah, and I was saying I'd be fine if Sly would allow an opt-in tool to make that public. Clearly I'm already aware of how the internet works. 

On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 0:01 PM, DaivRules said:

Yeah, and I was saying I'd be fine if Sly would allow an opt-in tool to make that public. Clearly I'm already aware of how the internet works. 

Nobody knows how the internet works. It just does, thanks be to God.

On Tuesday, May 02, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Sigma999 said:

Wyoming defintely deserves it's own leaderboard on PSNP , the rest of the US don't really matter

#WyomingForTheLead

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but really? Doesn't your state have one Representative and one area code? By comparison New York City has 12 & 7.

OT: I'd be ok for a tick box to opt-in what state I'm in and be on a state-by-state leaderboard. A volunteer one could be set up of course here in the forums right now.

Edited by SNACH2497

2 hours ago, SNACH2497 said:

OT: I'd be ok for a tick box to opt-in what state I'm in and be on a state-by-state leaderboard. A volunteer one could be set up of course here in the forums right now.

I think if we could get this to happen that would be really cool, as I said before I've always been curious as to where is stand in my state (Iowa).