Trophy List Discussion

TechnicalPixel

I don't like it when trophies limit your playstyle in games with freedom like this, as in making us do one playthrough without powers, one with human powers, and one with Typhon powers. That way, I'd have to do 4 playthroughs if I wanted to do a playthrough where I play as I want to (which is, with both human and Typhon powers). But oh well, I guess it's not really that different from Dishonored except that they're just more playthroughs and probably a longer game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenshyguy said:

I don't mind difficulty trophies too much, but absolutely despise collectables. 500 seems like an insane number. 

Why does everyone hate collectibles so much, i usually like to get them because it gets you to places where you normally wouldn't have come. I must say though that 500 is a lot, but if a game has a good tracking system it shouldn't matter that much.

For the trophy list though, this one will take a while to achieve i think, trophy images look nice though. I'll wait for a sale i think

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lars said:

Why does everyone hate collectibles so much, i usually like to get them because it gets you to places where you normally wouldn't have come. I must say though that 500 is a lot, but if a game has a good tracking system it shouldn't matter that much.

For the trophy list though, this one will take a while to achieve i think, trophy images look nice though. I'll wait for a sale i think

For me, it greatly depends on the kind of collectibles, as well as the number. Having just completed Horizon, i had no problem whatsoever with the collectibles there. There werent too many, it was easy to track them and most importantly, you always got a little lore or something. Well except for the training dummies, but because there were only 23, i didnt mind. In Assasins Creed Unity, i absolutely hated collecting all the chests. They were just boring, there was nothing in them that i needed to progress or was interesting in any other way, and there were just faaaaaaar too many...

• Like 1

Holy moly. Did I just read 500 collectibles?? I freakin hate collectibles and just like some guy mentioned I'd rather play on the hardest difficulty than collect a crazy amount of stuff.. I don't mind them if they'll be shown on a map but when you have to find them on your own( let's be honest we all use a guide eventually..) It becomes really annoying. 

Nothing sucks out the immersion as you keep going back and forth between a game and a guide to find the next collectible. 

18 minutes ago, poopooblast said:

Nothing sucks out the immersion as you keep going back and forth between a game and a guide to find the next collectible. 

That is true which is why I have only used a guide for collectibles my first time through a game once. I'll try to find what I can on my own and play how I want the first time through this game and then hopefully there will be a guide by the time I get around to playing it again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, poopooblast said:

You know what sucks even more? Finishing the game with 499/500 collectibles with no backtracking :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lars said:

Sorry to inform you but the game does not have a tracking system for them either! You have to find them youreslf! Which is really old school! And i would rate the game 9/10 in how fun it is!  Its my opinion i love the game.

35 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

That is true which is why I have only used a guide for collectibles my first time through a game once. I'll try to find what I can on my own and play how I want the first time through this game and then hopefully there will be a guide by the time I get around to playing it again.

yeah i am working on them without a guide mate!

On 03.05.2017 at 6:05 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

I one playthrough without powers, one with human powers, and one with Typhon powers.

You probably can just get a power or two near the end of the game and do all three trophy at once via save-load on your no-powers playthrough. If there isn't some prerequisite for getting a power, of course. Like refusing the Mark in Dishonored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

You probably can just get a power or two near the end of the game and do all three trophy at once via save-load on your no-powers playthrough. If there isn't some prerequisite for getting a power, of course. Like refusing the Mark in Dishonored.

You cant because alot of the collectibles you need Hacking ability and Repairing abilitiy for.

Just now, DividedByMankind said:

You cant because alot of the collectibles you need Hacking ability and Repairing abilitiy for.

So? It still cuts the total amount of playthroughs, isn't it? Or power itself is a collectible? You can collect everything just playing with whatever powers you want.  And then get this three trophies out of the way on a separate playthrough. If it is possible, of course.

20 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

So? It still cuts the total amount of playthroughs, isn't it? Or power itself is a collectible? You can collect everything just playing with whatever powers you want.  And then get this three trophies out of the way on a separate playthrough. If it is possible, of course.

Yeah, maybe,  but i am not taking any chances since i am almost done with 2nd playthrough. But i am pretty sure that you need 3 actual playthrough. Because when you go to new game, theres 3 different saves, and when you are in game you have 10different manual saves. But it might work tho. 

32 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah, maybe,  but i am not taking any chances since i am almost done with 2nd playthrough. But i am pretty sure that you need 3 actual playthrough. Because when you go to new game, theres 3 different saves, and when you are in game you have 10different manual saves. But it might work tho. 

how long was the game?

17 minutes ago, theparrotgamer said:

how long was the game?

My first playthrough was 35hours and that was actually with only couple of sidequests :)

2 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

My first playthrough was 35hours and that was actually with only couple of sidequests :)

But you can finnish it in around 5hours i think,i think theres a trophy for it aswell