Potential Speedster Trophy Work Around

In the ps3 version of the game, I know if you went over 100 hours then the clock would reset to zero. If you finished the game before it hit 15 hours again, the speedster trophy would pop. Does anyone know if that's the case this time around as well?

Honestly I have no idea, although I'd say it would be fair to believe it would indeed still work, if it worked on the ps3 version. 

Still it might just be my memory thats gotten a little rusty, but wouldn't it be far less time consuming to just play through on the easiest difficulty on a second play through if necessary? I do believe the time given for the trophy was actually quite forgiving, so long as you remember to skip all cutscenes:P

• Like 2

Its way easier to just play it.

I did a full speedrun and paired up No continues and Not changing equipment on easy. I beat the game in 6hours 54mins.

So thats with me making it somewhat taxing on myself. If you just play on easy and use your equipment. You can nail it.

Dont forget you can completely skip 3 worlds.

The only essential worlds are:

Traverse Town / Deep Jungle / Agrabah / Monstro / Neverland / Hollow Bastion / End of the World

You can choose between Wonderland or Olympus, then you choose between Halloween Town or Atlantica.

You can avoid the ones you didnt choose and 100 Acre Wood completely

Edited by Kazeh54
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses, and yeah its not very hard to do a speed run in under 15 hours. It's just in case I accidentally go over the time limit. Currently at 1 hour 39 minutes after Deep Jungle so I should be able to get it easily either way.

I was going to test it out, but honestly I got bored of waiting and went and did it anyway, while hitting the undefeated and unchanging armor requirements while I was at it. I beat the game in about 10 hours that way (this included some grinding for AP points, w/out that 8 hours is doable for sure), and I'm far from the most skilled KH player out there, so it's very much a doable run.

hypothetically speaking, the 100 hour bug probably still works, since so much of the game was ported from the PS3 version of the game rather than the PS2 original, but since I didn't hold out on waiting I can't confirm anything myself.

It has been years since I last played KH but I managed to complete it on the first playthrough combining no continues and unchanging equipment and the speedster trophy. I then did my proud mode playthrough in a quicker time than that so it is rather generous if the bug does not work. I managed to get the plat in about 50 hours so too far away for me to test it

10 hours ago, Kazeh54 said:

Its way easier to just play it.

I did a full speedrun and paired up No continues and Not changing equipment on easy. I beat the game in 6hours 54mins.

So thats with me making it somewhat taxing on myself. If you just play on easy and use your equipment. You can nail it.

Dont forget you can completely skip 3 worlds.

The only essential worlds are:

Traverse Town / Deep Jungle / Agrabah / Monstro / Neverland / Hollow Bastion / End of the World

You can choose between Wonderland or Olympus, then you choose between Halloween Town or Atlantica.

You can avoid the ones you didnt choose and 100 Acre Wood completely

Actually you can skip one out of Monstro/Atlantica/Holloween Town, not just the last 2, in fact if you leave Monstro incomplete until you beat Hollow Bastion for the first time you get completely different cutscenes. And you can't skip Wonderland neither, you can postpone it (and if you do it until you finish Deep Jungle there's a different cutscene at the end), but you'll have to complete it eventually if you want to move on because the story won't move along without another world from the 1st tier complete and you can't complete Olympus until you reach the second part of the game.

1 hour ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Actually you can skip one out of Monstro/Atlantica/Holloween Town, not just the last 2, in fact if you leave Monstro incomplete until you beat Hollow Bastion for the first time you get completely different cutscenes. And you can't skip Wonderland neither, you can postpone it (and if you do it until you finish Deep Jungle there's a different cutscene at the end), but you'll have to complete it eventually if you want to move on because the story won't move along without another world from the 1st tier complete and you can't complete Olympus until you reach the second part of the game.

My route for speed run in both games :

Traverse > Wonderland > Deep Jungle > Agrabah > Monstro > Halloween Town > Neverland > Hollow Bastion > End of the world. 

In my recent speedrun I beat Monstro in 7 mins.  So I dont see the point in skipping it till later.

About wonderland though you are right. You need to get the gummi for sealing that world. Just never really thought of it till now 

Edited by Kazeh54

38 minutes ago, Kazeh54 said:

My route for speed run in both games :

Traverse > Wonderland > Deep Jungle > Agrabah > Monstro > Halloween Town > Neverland > Hollow Bastion > End of the world.

In my recent speedrun I beat Monstro in 7 mins.  So I dont see the point in skipping it till later.

About wonderland though you are right. You need to get the gummi for sealing that world. Just never really thought of it till now

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that Monstro is not a mandatory world, you can skip it entirelly and finish the game without beating it, as soon as you have control of Sora you can leave via save point and never return, but if you do then you'll have to complete Atlantica and Halloween Town, you claimed it was a necessary world and that's what I corrected.

And there's a point in skipping it till later though, if you do so it will change the cutscenes because of

Spoiler

Riku being possessed by Ansem SoD, he'll be possessed during every cutscene and Sora will treat him like an imposter, he won't help during the fight with the Parasite Cage as well.