Good ways to grind for Puyo King trophies?

BlazingCat83

Video's description:

When I finished with everything else I was about halfway through this so grind what you want, but this is how you can rubberband it.

Go to puyo marathon mode: top middle yellow option on the first menu, bottom right option on the second menu, and top right option on the third. Choose a character, then on the following screen choose the right option and a small menu will come up near your character picture, move it up one and choose the yellow option (this sets the difficulty to "easy" so there are less colors and thus easier matches). Press A and choose the big button in the middle to start, now just rubberband the stick down and to the left.

Since it's easy mode and on the big board it won't be able to build large enough to end the game until somewhere past 7 million points.

I think it gets around 15k Puyos per hour once it reaches max speed.

Despite the last line in the video description, it never seems to reach a game over. I've done this three or four times for 10+ hours each and I've always had to lose the game manually when I was finished.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Video's description:

Despite the last line in the video description, it never seems to reach a game over. I've done this three or four times for 10+ hours each and I've always had to lose the game manually when I was finished.

I made it legit like this (no rubber band). And it's the fastest way indeed :)

12 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Video's description:

Did something similar to this while grinding it in the PS3 version, albeit without soft drop, and I pretty much never lost or even came close, though it helps that I was turboing :circle: the whole time in case I did lose, which also rotated the puyos the whole time. Really slow to start, but it was going well in due time. I should edit this into the guide as an addendum to the turbo method since as long as you don't mind the possibility of having to come back if you lose, this is a great way to implement the turbo method for those not blessed with the almighty turbo controller.

Edited by Wdog-999