Gretchen’s Checklist & Backlog

Gretchen27

Uncharted Golden Abyss fairly easy?

I thought about starting it soon so I can finish off the entire Uncharted series. Even though Golden Abyss wasn't made by Naughty Dog.

I'm sorry to say it but it's very unlikely we'll see a sequel to LA Noire. Team Bondi closed up shop, and Rockstar doesn't seem to care about anything else right now than maintaining GTA Online and working on releasing Red Dead Redemption 2.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Uncharted Golden Abyss fairly easy?

I thought about starting it soon so I can finish off the entire Uncharted series. Even though Golden Abyss wasn't made by Naughty Dog.

I'm sorry to say it but it's very unlikely we'll see a sequel to LA Noire. Team Bondi closed up shop, and Rockstar doesn't seem to care about anything else right now than maintaining GTA Online and working on releasing Red Dead Redemption 2.

If you’ve played the other Uncharted games then it’ll be a breeze. Only slight grind collecting bounties, but there is chapter select so it’s not bad. I did like the shooting better in this one with gyro aiming.

Yeah…I can hope though. If you know of any other games like LA Noire let me know.

I can tell how much you enjoyed Wolf Among Us, but how would you compare it to the Walking Dead series? I'm going to be playing it soon for a certain event on this site, and don't know if it'll be a slog to get through or if I'll be captivated by the story. The second playthrough is a little deterring since it is a TellTale game, but maybe you can shed some light on the matter?

7 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

If you’ve played the other Uncharted games then it’ll be a breeze. Only slight grind collecting bounties, but there is chapter select so it’s not bad. I did like the shooting better in this one with gyro aiming.

Yeah…I can hope though. If you know of any other games like LA Noire let me know.

Well there's Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. I would say Telltale but their games tend to end up with the same results, choices don't matter a whole lot.

If you enjoy campy horror themes Until Dawn is pretty good (one of my personal favorite PS4 exclusives). I'm sure there's other 'choice dialogue' games out there but I can't think of anything more.

Japanese visual novels can be quite extensive if you invest in those, but I haven't had a chance to dabble in them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

I can tell how much you enjoyed Wolf Among Us, but how would you compare it to the Walking Dead series? I'm going to be playing it soon for a certain event on this site, and don't know if it'll be a slog to get through or if I'll be captivated by the story. The second playthrough is a little deterring since it is a TellTale game, but maybe you can shed some light on the matter?

Depends on if you like fairy tales or folklore. There’s a bunch of little lore tid bits in the story that I really enjoyed. It had more thought and flowed better than TWD series. TWD seemed to drag on for me and didn’t have an urgency to it. I got season 2 from plus (otherwise I wouldn’t have got it myself most likely). But TWAU second playthrough is no trouble at all (you can simply rewind to the part you need in the episode). I ended up doing a complete second playthrough just for fun (actually played through it about 4 times now). 

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Well there's Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. I would say Telltale but their games tend to end up with the same results, choices don't matter a whole lot.

If you enjoy campy horror themes Until Dawn is pretty good (one of my personal favorite PS4 exclusives). I'm sure there's other 'choice dialogue' games out there but I can't think of anything more.

Japanese visual novels can be quite extensive if you invest in those, but I haven't had a chance to dabble in them.

I recently picked up Beyond Two Souls (but I’m waiting till I can get a friend to sit through the co-op run with me). Telltale is usually good for a playthrough, but tends not have too much replay ability.

I’ve been waiting on a sale for Until Dawn since I’ve watched some gameplay for it. It’s expense retail where I live though, so it’ll be awhile before I get it. But thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into Heavy Rain.

Edited by Gretchen27

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2017 at 3:10 AM, Feral said:

Nice checklist. You've got some great plats.

Seeing as you like the other Sherlock Holmes games, you should check out Devil's Daughter. It's really good, much better than Crimes & Punishments.

Thank you! 

Devil's Daughter has been on my radar since before it came out (just waiting on the physical copy to go on sale). I haven't looked at any gameplay or reviews for it, but it's good to hear you thought it was better. I just wish the cases took longer to finish. 

• 5 months later...

Been some busy months (gaming & in RL) so slight update to my checklist. Focused mainly on big chunks of my backlog, & I’m pretty happy with the results.

Since the last update:

Sf7e6f6.pngS95e84e.pngS17947c.png

3 plats: DA:O, GE:R, B1.5.

S45fc98.pngS108bf6.png

100% in U4 (oh yes, survival mode on crushing).

& Hue completed.

Also; met my yearly goal. So I’m just gonna post the final amount for that early since I’m dying to start some new games while on break.

• 3 months later...

First update of 2018 (4 months in :dunno:)

Continuing to chip away at some old games got overshadowed by starting some un-played games from the backlog.

Since last time:

S1628ef.pngS5915a0.pngS64c88b.pngS46217e.pngS2ab538.pngS5be6a1.pngS7f9235.pngSb603e1.pngS04f8c9.png

9 plats: Life is Strange, inFamous Second Son, Batman, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Adventures of Mana, Tearaway Unfolded, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Steins;Gate, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

S35d268.png

100%: Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry

• 2 months later...

Update time

I’m back on track working through backlog games. Conversely, I’ve picked up quite a few titles so the un-played backlog is growing. Lots are hefty games I’ll have to wait for a break or vacation before I jump into them (as I want to give them undivided time).

Since last time:

Scb02e9.png Sa90ae1.pngS7284a8.pngS347a5b.png

4 plats: Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Back to the Future: The Game (PS4), Borderlands 2 (PS4), & Borderlands 2 (PS3/PSV)

Sa17f3a.pngS239f69.png

100%: Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse – Episode 1 & Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse – Episode 2

• 8 months later...

I am so bad about updating my checklist. Okay, new goal: update at least every other month. 2019 goal is relaxed this year as I’ve amassed quite a few really great titles I’d actually like to get to soon. So after 2yrs of diligent work on the old backlog, time to start on the un-played backlog. Made a good start by joining KYC 9 this year. I still would like to maintain my completion rate, but I’ve increased the amount of unearned trophies allowed to reflect the new games started.

Since last time:

Sc0591c.pngSc3250e.pngS229268.pngS78a4de.pngS0e0985.pngS7a8294.pngS727c87.pngS372d20.pngSc62d96.pngS24143b.pngS07a9b2.pngS3a6a48.pngSfacd1b.pngS440045.pngS6b6556.pngSc4c134.png

16 plats: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker’s Memory (PSV), Beyond: Two Souls (PS4), Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PSV), The Evil Within (PS4), Spyro the Dragon, Heavy Rain, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Need for Speed, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Final Fantasy X HD (PSV), Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PSV), Code: Realize – Future Blessings, Akiba’s Beat (PSV), Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Sebd611.pngS4bca14.png

2 100%s: Nihilumbra & Hitman

Haven’t written up all of the latest additions yet. Something to work on here & there, mainly I wanted to update my backlog list.

• 3 months later...
On 5/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Avid Sim fan. I’ve had the Sims on near everything: Gameboy, DS, PSP, PS2, PC, & on my phone. I’m really surprised this is an ultra rare plat (my only one)

The Sims 4 for PS4 also has an ultra rare platinum. Having fallen back into the Sims 4 on my PC again, I might try this since it seems certain trait-enabling cheats do not disable trophy. Once I complete my Kill Your Completion list, I might look into buying Sims 4 on PS4 since it's cheaper than on PC. xD

If I had a backlog pyramid, I might put this on my Ultra rare list. ;)

On 5/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, Gretchen27 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I chose to save Arcadia Bay & let Chloe die.

When I platinumed this game on a very old account(because it was free on PS+ and I didn't have anything else to play), I did the same thing. I felt it was the right choice because Max had been given powers she couldn't be responsible with and now they are biting her in the keister. Letting Arcadia be destroyed would only mean that the storm might keep chasing them and destroying other towns and even the world until they were sucked up into it because the storm was a punishment of the beings that gave Max her powers for her abuse of them. It's a very deep story.

I am so saddened by that story I can't play that game ever again, and the sequel is supposed to be just as sad - a boy who has gained powers of telekinesis and is hurting people around him out of anger and abuse. It hurts my heart. :(

• Like 1

I really need to catch back up with this checklist before I get too far down the road…

@xEl_Cidx

Thank you! I see you’re closing in on that 50th milestone. Any particular game in mind for it?

@RuneEyesDragon

Also, there’s The Sims 3: Pets with an UR plat. Which I coincidentally started for a KYC event. My aims to complete that one first before buying The Sims 4. No worries, 4 has always been on my radar ?

Life is Strange was fine to play over a few days, but I wouldn’t want to have that much angst in every story I play. That’s partly the reason I’ve steered clear of 2, that & it’s not all out yet. With the whole end game choice though my thought process was Acadia Bay may not be perfect, but that still doesn’t mean everyone deserves to perish. Chloe’s story is unfair & tragic, still the girls had their good times. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...