Trophy glitch in Shiness?

Alright, so I finally managed to beat Shiness, but looking now at my trophy list, it seems I somehow didn't get one of the trophies? One from right near the end - Rumbling thunder. Unfortunately, I saved over my save that would've been right before this fight (I have another one earlier, but that's about 2-3 hours of progress and fighting I'd have to redo).

So I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this same issue, or if I'm just ever so lucky as to have had this happen? Or, perhaps, have I simply missed something obvious with this trophy? I guess I can at least take solace in the fact that I still have to replay to get the no Game Overs trophy, as well as clean up the quests, but it's still ever so frustrating to have a trophy glitch out on you.

The trophy you are refering to is not glitched and needs a 2nd playthrough. Depending on your actions in the whole game, you have to face a specific boss at the end. You managed to fight Kaorys which means you did a "bad karma" run. Now, you have to be nice to people, meaning giving the skeleton his bone back, sparing ennemies, solving quests peacefully etc... Every time you go back to Mantara, speak to Irys and see she's mad at your decisions, you know you are on the right track.

If you want to get the Invincible trophy, do it at the end or make a copy of your save because you have to clean up everything meaning erase your data. Because every stats and every death are recorded in your system or profile and are not dedicated to a specific slot. It is a blessing for the grinding trophies but a pain for that one.

Still, there are some trophies that need to be fixed with a patch which is very frustrating. I managed to do 4 complete runs and I can't stand it anymore.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

The trophy you are refering to is not glitched and needs a 2nd playthrough. Depending on your actions in the whole game, you have to face a specific boss at the end. You managed to fight Kaorys which means you did a "bad karma" run. Now, you have to be nice to people, meaning giving the skeleton his bone back, sparing ennemies, solving quests peacefully etc... Every time you go back to Mantara, speak to Irys and see she's mad at your decisions, you know you are on the right track.

If you want to get the Invincible trophy, do it at the end or make a copy of your save because you have to clean up everything meaning erase your data. Because every stats and every death are recorded in your system or profile and are not dedicated to a specific slot. It is a blessing for the grinding trophies but a pain for that one.

Still, there are some trophies that need to be fixed with a patch which is very frustrating. I managed to do 4 complete runs and I can't stand it anymore.

Augh, well thanks for letting me know. I think I'm going to wait a bit before I replay the game. A bit too many frustrations in the combat at time for me.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick look at the trophies would suggest a minimum of two playthroughs are required to platinum the game, unless the player somehow doesn't die their first time through.  You also have to max out stats and focus on a particular character, apparently.

(Didn't initially see the post saying four playthroughs so far and no plat. :)  Captain Obvious is in the house.)

Edited by IntroPhenom
goof

20 hours ago, Moiledieu said:

The game has been patched but there are still trophy issues. As the stats indicate, three of them cannot be obtained. We have to hope the developers are working on fixing that.

Thanks for the info, like other's I was wondering what was the state of the game trophies, because of the current sale..

Well, think that I will pass on buying it for now (until they fix the trophy bugs...).

New patch is available but I still have some issues. For exemple, does anyone have the same problem with this : the chest was already opened when I revealed it for the first time. How do I get the Support which is supposed to be in it ?

612638ShittyShiness.jpg

Also, where can I find the Siika Kilolnu Technique (Poky) ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2017 at 4:56 AM, Moiledieu said:
Spoiler

New patch is available but I still have some issues. For exemple, does anyone have the same problem with this : the chest was already opened when I revealed it for the first time. How do I get the Support which is supposed to be in it ?

612638ShittyShiness.jpg

Also, where can I find the Siika Kilolnu Technique (Poky) ? 

Ah man, I wish I looked at the forums before I bought this. I just remember seeing it on Kickstarter and thinking that if it ever came to PS4 I was going to buy is as soon as I saw it. Did you ever figure out your issue? I see 5 people have the platinum now.

Edited by skateak

5 hours ago, skateak said:

Ah man, I wish I looked at the forums before I bought this. I just remember seeing it on Kickstarter and thinking that if it ever came to PS4 I was going to buy is as soon as I saw it. Did you ever figure out your issue? I see 5 people have the platinum now.

I still have the same issue even after beginning a new run. Maybe it can be fixed by erasing all my data and playing the story one more time but after 5+ playthroughs I don't want to go back there. I hate this game.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/8/2017 at 8:58 AM, BakkerJ said:

Are there still any glitched trophies? Or has it been patched? I see there are only 12 platinum achievers. Also approximately how long will it take? Thanks

Wondering the same thing since it's on sale with Seasons After Fall for $12.

• 3 months later...

Had no glitch in the game so far in my first playthrough. One Support skill was not optainable but the skill wasnt needed for the trophy.

You Need to be careful with the missable trophies. I Read that sou should Never see the game over screen otherwise the trophy is not optainable Even if you load the game. But i didnt tried this for a confirmation :D

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Any update on glitched trophies?

I asked a guy who recently got the platinum and said everything was fine. Next time it’s on sale I’m buying it. I think it was @DamagingRob. Maybe he could give some more info.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/08/2017 at 1:53 AM, skateak said:

Nevermind. I had missed one food item with Poky. Gourmet trophy is not glitched like I first thought. If it helps anyone, there's a total of 35 items yey needs to eat, some of them usable only during battle of course.

On 21/02/2019 at 8:45 PM, DamagingRob said:

Yeah, nothing glitched for me. You do need to make sure you understand how the no death trophy works, though. It's not as simple as reloading your save after getting a Game Over, and everything is fine. At that moment, all your saves will become "tainted." And by that, I mean, every file for that playthrough will be marked with a red rose (only noticeable when loading/saving in-game, and not from the Main Menu). At that point, you will have to start over, or download a backed up save. 

Nevermind, the gourmet trophy isn't glitched. I had given Poky 34/35 food items to eat. I was missing one.

On 15/08/2017 at 7:05 AM, Pelotedeneige said:

I still have the same issue even after beginning a new run. Maybe it can be fixed by erasing all my data and playing the story one more time but after 5+ playthroughs I don't want to go back there. I hate this game.

The games itself is amazing. It's how it saves and forces you to miss certain one-shot events that's what really sucks about it. Like the lightning door behind Shjue. BAFFLING how you get one shot to open it and you must have had your lightning affinity high enough to open it too. Absolutely sadistic. But it's not even intelligent, skill based sadism, like in Ninja Gaiden games. It's just stupid sadism, senseless. The trophy designers killed an otherwise fantastic action rpg adventure.

Also, in the same area, you can miss certain scrolls that only the merchant there will trade, if you haven't completed the sister of secrets quest, as that is the only area where I found yellow menhiros. The merchant wants 3 yellow menhiro shards and once you get out of "behind shjue" no more access to the merchant or to the lightning door until next playthrough. That really pissed me off. Stupid, unfair!

Edited by StarFoxMania

• 1 month later...

If there's any glitches on Shiness forget that there will be any updates. The company was closed in 2018, I doubt Focus Interactive has any means or will to make any changes.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/366640/discussions/0/1694922526913322872/

They were crowdfunded on kickstarter and you can check the mess there.

Any chances of patches or updates are zero.