Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Since you're keeping track of this, could you actually keep track of how many shut downs there are in each month and then go back and see how many there were in previous months? In my last research, there were peaks and valleys, but largely the same number of shutdowns relative to the number of games released.

We really just need a sticky of how to use the fucking search function already in the forums. ;) 

I do agree with the search function lol. Even a generic Google search "upcoming server shutdown" brings the result xD

That is an interesting idea, I won't delete the games from the original post when the date arrives and the online is down. I'm gonna make an "offline server" section and keep them with the date there so we can track and know it better. I don't know if someone kept tracking this (I didn't), but 2k seems to be closing their games around the same month every year, such as Konami with PES, (good for sport fans, which are no doubt the most painful online trophies as they are very volatile - greedy publishers grrr). Fortunately EA stopped closing FIFAs servers early a few years ago, so we can't be 100% certain that FIFA 14 is gonna be closed next year (still a decently played game, at least on the PS4).

Edited by EdinhoN

7 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Some Studios have their own sites about shutdowns, like EA (especially helpful with their FIFA's and NBA's and such). Feel free to implement this into your post :) 

Yeah, they are the links embedded in each game's title. Should I put a general link to these websites in case someone doesn't click the link cause they don't have a specific game like FIFA? My opinion is that it isn't needed as I'll transcript the info from the website to the original post anyway if a new server is announced to be down.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Yeah, they are the links embedded in each game's title. Should I put a general link to these websites in case someone doesn't click the link cause they don't have a specific game like FIFA? My opinion is that it isn't needed as I'll transcript the info from the website to the original post anyway if a new server is announced to be down.

Sorry, I didn't check all links you posted before :)

I guess it can't hurt to post general links. Maybe a few of us are also interested in Xbox / PC / Mobile shutdowns as well :)

i have medival moves.  i think the server was shut down on it way before this announcement.

while i was going to plat it back in august 24th 2016. i tried to check if the online mode was active, just by pressing the button a message saying the server is going maintenance will pop up, and even before this the news bar in the lower part of the screen will be spamming this "the server is under maintenance" news over and over.

there's no way in any shape to play online even then, thankfully got two move controller already before even getting this game and believe me that this game is a lot easier to plat with two move controller........ yeah, no wonder why. they wanna sell more move controller that way o_o

Edited by yellowwindow7

5 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

yeah, no wonder why. they wanna sell more move controller that way o_o

Yup. You've single-handedly uncovered Sonys massive plot to sell more Move controllers by shutting down the servers for... Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest!!! 

Sony is just waiting for July 1st for all that money to come rolling in. That single case of Move controllers will just fly out of the warehouse and someone will be able to fill up their gas tank on all those profits.

Nice sleuthing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yup. You've single-handedly uncovered Sonys massive plot to sell more Move controllers by shutting down the servers for... Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest!!! 

Sony is just waiting for July 1st for all that money to come rolling in. That single case of Move controllers will just fly out of the warehouse and someone will be able to fill up their gas tank on all those profits.

Nice sleuthing.

i think it don't stop there, the PS VR is also help selling these.... um what the mass used to calling it the useless glowing dildo controllers, surprisingly any accessories for the ps3 include the official dualshock 3 controller won't works on the ps4, even the ps3 camera, the ps4 will just ignore it, just by plugging the USB cable between the ps4 and the move controller the ps4 instantly recognize it.

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

i think it don't stop there, the PS VR is also help selling these.... um what the mass used to calling it the useless glowing dildo controllers, surprisingly any accessories for the ps3 include the official dualshock 3 controller won't works on the ps4, even the ps3 camera, the ps4 will just ignore it, just by plugging the USB cable between the ps4 and the move controller the ps4 instantly recognize it.

So the VR is also a plot just to sell more Move controllers (aka useless glowing dildo controllers)? Are they still useless in games that require the Move controller?

PS3 accessories designed for the PS3 and that work on the PS3 don't work on something that's not a PS3? So you think they should have designed a new controller just for the VR, since it's not on the PS3?

Sony's plot must be pretty deep to sell more Move controllers. They released 42 PS3 titles that are Move only (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Move_games) and 107 other PS3 titles that support the "useless" controller. Or these released and/or planned 208 VR titles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR_games).

All to sell Move controllers. Keep on digging! You're on to something!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

We're through the looking glass here, people!

Edited by starcrunch061

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

So the VR is also a plot just to sell more Move controllers (aka useless glowing dildo controllers)? Are they still useless in games that require the Move controller?

PS3 accessories designed for the PS3 and that work on the PS3 don't work on something that's not a PS3? So you think they should have designed a new controller just for the VR, since it's not on the PS3?

I think you're the only person here who never talked nice to me since the day I came to this site. every time I make fun of Sony you came to flame me, be cool man, i did not came here to fight, just trying to be funny on my comments.

and about the accessories what i'm trying to point out to is that the ps3 can use ps2 and ps1 controllers via a "ps2 controller converter's USB cables" and even third party PC controllers will do, the dualshock 4 also worked on the ps3, some games don't support it but it's still the most controller I'm using on ps3 right now, other way around the ps4 only supports the move controllers from the ps3.

Just a note on project cars, I've started it this week to hopefully get the community challenges done before they support ends, and it looks like dlc is going to be required to do this. Reason being, most new challenges are dlc based. This week there were two that didn't require it, but one of the new ones does, and looking at past ones there's a good chunk that also needed it too. Just a forewarning for anyone looking to start this game soon 

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Warframe (Chinese Version) has been added to the thread.

you do realize that FIFA 13 plat on PS3 is no longer obtainable ? you dont have pack king trophy. it is now glitched last person who got it was 2 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

you do realize that FIFA 13 plat on PS3 is no longer obtainable ? you dont have pack king trophy. it is now glitched last person who got it was 2 years ago. 

Umm... the thread is upcoming server shut downs. Warnings for players for games that aren't shut down yet, but will be soon for people to finish before they close. 

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Umm... the thread is upcoming server shut downs. Warnings for players for games that aren't shut down yet, but will be soon for people to finish before they close. 

okay and your point is ? i know but  im warning the OP if he didnt know so that he dont waste time and effort in vain. 

44 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

okay and your point is ? i know but  im warning the OP if he didnt know so that he dont waste time and effort in vain. 

Sorry, I missed in the OP where they already said FIFA 13 has an unobtainable trophy (and thus Platinum for those that haven't already gotten it) and is listing the official server shutdown. 

I guess I have no point. No point at all. Thank you for eloquently indicating so. 

Pretty much the PST.org thread in timeline format.

Cute thread. You seem as chauvinistic as myself regarding server shutdowns, so hopefully you maintain it for those that don't use PST. 

I just finished ModNation and Kill Strain, thinking that the former was closing June 1... At least I got it out of the way early lol. I wonder what'll close next...

(I'm not concerned with NBA / FIFA / etc since those are memes, not games) 

3 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

Pretty much the PST.org thread in timeline format.

Cute thread. You seem as chauvinistic as myself regarding server shutdowns, so hopefully you maintain it for those that don't use PST. 

I just finished ModNation and Kill Strain, thinking that the former was closing June 1... At least I got it out of the way early lol. I wonder what'll close next...

(I'm not concerned with NBA / FIFA / etc since those are memes, not games) 

Sports games repeat the same thing year.

17 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Sports games repeat the same thing year.

Consequently their plats are indistinguishable from one another. They're usually  just 0.05% 500+ hr microtransaction grinds. 

Booooorriiinngg

I was gifted NHL 15 so I may plat it just for the novelty, since it's alive and relatively quick. But besides that,  they're dead to me

Edited by Thropy_Hore