Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

11 hours ago, Sydoki said:

So, what's the deal with Far Cry 2? GRFC has been updated on Ubi's server shutdown list (though no precise date still) - but what about FC2?

It's unclear... It's not on the masterlist but some Ubi support people said it would shut down on all platforms.

If you really want the trophies, you should act as if the PS3 servers will close when the PC servers will close. Else you might be disappointed just like many were disappointed with Mad Max because of incorrect info.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

What do u intend with this?

Too many people trusted an unreliable source and got burnt because of it i.e. believing Mad Max's garbage customer support instead of actual players who had proved multiple times, the Plat would be unobtainable once the servers closed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Too many people trusted an unreliable source and got burnt because of it i.e. believing Mad Max's garbage customer support instead of actual players who had proved multiple times, the Plat would be unobtainable once the servers closed.

u mean Warner said servers will not be closed or trophies will be obtainable even if they closes?

1 minute ago, XpanderFX said:

u mean Warner said servers will not be closed or trophies will be obtainable even if they closes?

The point is, if you want the trophies, do them now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

They said there weren't any online trophies in Mad Max, when it had been proved otherwise. In the case of Shadow of Mordor, they said certain DLC trophies would be unobtainable on all platforms once the servers closed, despite the fact we had long since proved the DLC trophies were fully obtainable offline on the PS4.

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The point is, if you want the trophies, do them now.

This^

Don't dawdle if there are any online trophies you care about getting in any games you have yet to finish.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

how long does the online for far cry 2 take if anyone here completed it?

It takes a huge amount of time. If you have 3 consoles to self boost, do warlord glitch, then you're good (probably 40 hours). 
If you'll do that with a boosting partners 80-150 hours(with glitch). Without glitch, to get a 30 rank you need to spend 250-300+ hours to obtain all the online trophies.

I'm doing the grind on x360 rn. It's insanely masochistic boost lol

16 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

you say now as NOW? i know servers are closed from few months and 100% its already unobtainable

As far as I know Far Cry 2 100% is still possible. The servers were always a mess so some things might go a bit werid and might need a workaround but nothing is impossible.

If you want 100% in Far Cry 2, do it before June 1st 2021 if you want to be sure to get it. There's currently mixed information 'in the wild' so it's unsure what's true and what's not. Better be safe than sorry :) 

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They said there weren't any online trophies in Mad Max, when it had been proved otherwise. In the case of Shadow of Mordor, they said certain DLC trophies would be unobtainable on all platforms once the servers closed, despite the fact we had long since proved the DLC trophies were fully obtainable offline on the PS4.

This^

Don't dawdle if there are any online trophies you care about getting in any games you have yet to finish.

Later on I learned that on Xbox those Shadow of Mordor DLC trophies were actually online... That's probably where the PS4 (mis)information came from at support.

But at least Monolith provided a patch for offline leaderboards for both Xbox and PS4 so everybody could get their achievement/trophy after the shutdown :) 

And yes... if you want online trophies in whatever game on PS3/PSVita and now even PS4: Go get them now and don't wait until it's too late!

I learned my lesson with the shutdown of Tlou/Uncharted2+3 and the 3 months of stress to get them (I made it with 7h left! :) ).

After that shutdown I finished the online for almost all my games that were already on my list. 
Only Max Payne 3 XP grind to level 50 (currently 38) and GTAV PS4 doomsday elite+mastermind challenges left. Working on both of them.

Now I'm going through my unplayed backlog to decide what games with online I still want to finish...

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Kolm said:

It's unclear... It's not on the masterlist but some Ubi support people said it would shut down on all platforms.

Appreciate it. Yeah, I'll be starting it asap to be safe.

Seems like you've been following this Ubi situation (more or less), were there any updates/news regarding GRFS? (even some customer support "rumors") Last time I checked all they mentioned was a mysterious "2021" shutdown date.

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It's just an example, not that hard to understand.

ehm. no i dont understand. what means "The point is, if you want the trophies, do them now."? Now, when??? i dont even understand the context. what mad max customer service said and when??? anyway, no matter. i only wanted to know if mad max is still 100% doable or not, but your answers are more confusing than those of mad max customer service.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

ehm. no i dont understand. what means "The point is, if you want the trophies, do them now."? Now, when??? i dont even understand the context. what mad max customer service said and when??? anyway, no matter. i only wanted to know if mad max is still 100% doable or not, but your answers are more confusing than those of mad max customer service.

For Mad Max, the customer service said all trophies would be achievable after the servers shut down, but they were wrong. 100% hasn't been achievable for a couple of months now so if you haven't started the game yet to do the trophy in question, you are out of luck.

Far Cry 2, on the other hand, is still achievable, but might not be in the near future. So what we are saying is, if there are any online trophies you want (not in Mad Max, it's too late for that) it's better to go for them now, or you might be disappointed later.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Appreciate it. Yeah, I'll be starting it asap to be safe.

Seems like you've been following this Ubi situation (more or less), were there any updates/news regarding GRFS? (even some customer support "rumors") Last time I checked all they mentioned was a mysterious "2021" shutdown date.

So far I haven't seen anything new apart from the "2021" on the masterlist for all platforms.

I would personally just assume it's also shutting down on 1st of June but that's just my feeling and how I would handle it if I still wanted to do the game. There's no support rumor or whatever that says it's going down on the 1st. That would just be me being 'Better safe than sorry' :) 

6 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

I thought you were talking about Far Cry 2... Misunderstood.

But Mad Max is no longer 100% attainable unless you have completed the 2 scrap metal related challenges. And even then you have to be careful to not run into the scavenging glitch but you can make multiple saves and keep 1 save with the scrap metal challenges apart and not overwrite it in case things go wrong.

And in general for whatever game with online trophies that are still attainable and that you still want: Do them now as in 'as soon as you can'. We can expect a lot more server closures this year and the next year, especially on PS3 but also older PS4 games might start to go offline more often.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

Well, not my fault.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NoraSilberreif said:

For Mad Max, the customer service said all trophies would be achievable after the servers shut down, but they were wrong. 100% hasn't been achievable for a couple of months now so if you haven't started the game yet to do the trophy in question, you are out of luck.

Far Cry 2, on the other hand, is still achievable, but might not be in the near future. So what we are saying is, if there are any online trophies you want (not in Mad Max, it's too late for that) it's better to go for them now, or you might be disappointed later.

thanks, all clear now.

NHL 18, 19 and 20 were all still in my download list after the ea play removal and delisted. I never PURCHASED these games. I only claimed them through ea play. My sub is still active for quite some time. I imagine the access to the game stays until your sub runs out even if the game gets removed from the service. It’s a bit of an odd case but the info may help someone. 

9 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

NHL 18, 19 and 20 were all still in my download list after the ea play removal and delisted. I never PURCHASED these games. I only claimed them through ea play. My sub is still active for quite some time. I imagine the access to the game stays until your sub runs out even if the game gets removed from the service. It’s a bit of an odd case but the info may help someone. 

Actually claiming through EA Play is similar to having purchased the game.

As long as you claimed the game once, it will be forever in your Download List when you have EA Play.

I tested that: bought NHL 17 through EA Play before its delisting last year, a few months later when I reactivated EA Play, NHL 17 still showed up

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

As long as you claimed the game once, it will be forever in your Download List when you have EA Play.

I tested that: bought NHL 17 through EA Play before its delisting last year, a few months later when I reactivated EA Play, NHL 17 still showed up

That’s awesome news! I thought it was a random glitch on my end. Thanks for the confirmation. 

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I believe the succinct way to put it would be "It works exactly like PS+" :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dysss said:

I realized, that GR Future Soldier was taken off Ubisoft's shutdown list due to taken down online servers later in 2021. So I assume, that this game will stay online.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

I would recommend people compete it if they want it. May be a situation where it will go down later with little to no notice.

• Like 2