Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

2 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

trion from what ive read is no more or owned by gamigo now, they like to milk their purchased ip's, so its just a warning for anyone interested,

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gamigo.com not exactly a good endorsement for them.

Trion still exists just because their owned by another company doesn't mean their "gone". Gamingo and its parent company are more Investment focused (even though it may share its name as a publisher on alot of titles).

Trove as with most of Trions main game was published and developed by themselves unless their own company see dire straits there no chance of the game going down just because a new company took ownership. They're a subsidiary but they still have some independent control and finances. Plus Gamingo owns WildTanget Games as well the most shovelware company to survive out of the Early Shockwave and Java Games age. A game with a large lively playerbase and microtransactions will survive easily if another company that gives away free games with ADs built in on most Windows and HP PCs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kolm said:

You can setup notifications for new posts in this thread. That's what I did, so whenever someone posts in the thread, I get a notification.

If you want those notifications, you can follow this thread by clicking 'follow' at the top right of the page when you're in this thread.

If you want to change how you get those notifications (only when visiting forum, also through mail, ...) you can go to your account settings to change it:

=> Click on your username at the top right of the page
=> Click on 'Account settings'

=> Click on 'Notification settings' on the right of the screen.

None of that will give you a notification if the OP gets edited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

None of that will give you a notification if the OP gets edited.

That's why I started my post with: "You can setup notifications for new posts in this thread."

It's an alternative for people that don't want to use things like Wachete and still works fairly well if things don't go too much off topic.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hatoful Boyfriend & Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star will be delisted from the PS Store at the end of May.  Moa on Twitter: "‼️Hatoful&HoliStar will not be available for new customers on iOS, Android, and PS store at the end of May. Anyone who currently owns the game will continue to still own it. Steam version will stay on sale as normal." / Twitter

MLB: The Show 17 shuts down August 08th 2021  MLB The Show 17 Server Update - MLB The Show

EA Sports UFC 1 & 2 will be removed from EA Play on July 14th 2021  R-Z (ea.com)

• Like 1

On 23/05/2021 at 10:23 AM, Lord_BenWon said:

Hatoful Boyfriend & Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star will be delisted from the PS Store at the end of May.  Moa on Twitter: "‼️Hatoful&HoliStar will not be available for new customers on iOS, Android, and PS store at the end of May. Anyone who currently owns the game will continue to still own it. Steam version will stay on sale as normal." / Twitter

MLB: The Show 17 shuts down August 08th 2021  MLB The Show 17 Server Update - MLB The Show

EA Sports UFC 1 & 2 will be removed from EA Play on July 14th 2021  R-Z (ea.com)

Neither of the Hatoful Boyfriend games have online trophies so will remain fully obtainable, provided you download the games before they're delisted. Also, UFC 1 has already closed but the UFC 2 trophies will remain obtainable since the servers aren't closing anytime soon AFAIK. Since August 8th is a Sunday, the more likely closure date for MLB: The Show 17 is the 9th.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Need for Speed Carbon, Undercover, Shift, Shift 2: Unleashed, and The Run are being delisted today. Online services for these games will shut down on August 31st

from the tweet on twitter.

shift can still be plat despite losing online badges. the rest will be unobtainable after the 31st.

none of the games are on psn minus the run.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 4

"The Run" can not be plated anyway since 2016 due to broken Autolog - "King for a Day" can not be achieved (unless you have it already of course).
Maybe time to look for "Undercover"...

Thanks a lot for an info @GraniteSnake

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Can anyone confirm if getting offline trophies will be still possible in Shift 2 after closure? I'm asking because of Autolog feature in this game. I had problems with it. 

Any trophy that requires an online connection to earn, will be unobtainable come September 1st and that includes the Autolog related trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

And any other trophies not marked as online ones in the guide will be still available? 

Really don’t know since I finished it long time ago. I remembered that there is only one trophy which is online in the DLC . 

Need For Speed Shift has 1 online DLC trophy, which will take a shorter amount of time to complete compared to the others. There's also online badges which may shorten the time to Platinum the game.

I found I couldn't ever connect to Need For Speed Undercover's online multiplayer without the system freezing.

Edited by POEman553

I would assume that they will also shut down Hot Pursuit. 

At the end of this post, they mention all the NFS Games that will still work online. And it's all the games from 2012 onwards. Hot Pursuit isn't mentioned there and its actually older than The Run, which is confirmed to shut down. Also with the Remaster out, there is really no point in keeping the ps3 servers active. 

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but better be safe than sorry. 

• Like 3