Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 5/8/2018 at 5:47 AM, TazDevilz1986 said:

I wonder how many people are going to do Loadout. Since they give so much less time. Good luck to the people that are going for this.

There are a lot of us doing it. I figured if I have it rubberbanded when I sleep and when I go to work, I'll be good.

I got every trophy while I was asleep last night except for the 100 hours and the mission trophies just by using the rubber band lol

Edited by NutellaOrgies

47 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

There are a lot of us doing it. I figured if I have it rubberbanded when I sleep and when I go to work, I'll be good.

I got every trophy while I was asleep last night except for the 100 hours and the mission trophies just by using the rubber band lol

@NutellaOrgies wow this sounds nice. I have a turbo controller. Can you explain how it works please? Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

@NutellaOrgies wow this sounds nice. I have a turbo controller. Can you explain how it works please? Thanks!

All you have to do is put an rubber band on your controller joy stick or sticks and attach the rubber band to both joy sticks or something else so that the joy stick is being push in a certain direction almost as if you were there and that makes it so your character is always moving so you can leave it unattended while the hours pass by. That's the way rubber banding works in other games but I don't own the game so it could be different but I doubt that.    

Edited by dragon11gggg

21 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

You just wrap a rubber band around your joysticks so you keep turning while you're away. 

I didn't use a rubber band though. I just turned my controller upside down with both joysticks being pushed upward.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:22 AM, Lance_87 said:

Looks like it's another useless game killed by the Facebook / Cambridge Analytica debacle lol.

Is there other games? 

37 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

But you go the kills and crates trophies this way too? @NutellaOrgies

Crates sometimes appear in your path when running in circles.  That's how I got mine. 

Crates in Loadout aren't given in lobby anymore, they changed that years ago. It counts the crates you get dropped as post match rewards, and you'll get 20 in the first 10 hours of playing. 

Edited by Gage

12 minutes ago, Waddlingdan said:

@EdinhoN hitman absolution contracts servers are going down on the 25th of May which could turn out to be permenant due to IO not knowing whether they’ll be able to bring the servers back or not. I created a forum post on the hitman section. 

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-absolution-service-message/ 

Judging by the trophy list, it doesn't seem too hard although I wonder about Contract Competition. Great, something else I have to do besides Loadout and Deformers...

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Judging by the trophy list, it doesn't seem too hard although I wonder about Contract Competition. Great, something else I have to do besides Loadout and Deformers...

Contract Competition is easy and can be done solo. All you need to do is make a competition on any contract, invite any friend to participate (can be an alt account, but they don't need to participate anyway) and then compete in the competition yourself and you're done. It took me less than a minute to pop both contract competition trophies (and I used a friend's contract so I popped that trophy too).

The online trophies as a whole aren't difficult and only take around an hour to complete.

Edited by Crestfallen
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Burgins said:

Damn, the Hitman contracts are shutting down? They're really fun to mess around with so that's a damn shame. Gonna have to maybe borrow a PS3 or something to knock out the PS3 version's online junk for that

supposedly the 7-8 online trophy's can be done in a few hours. the bigger grind is the one million trophy which have to be different contracts made. good luck to all whom are attempting it. going to start in a few days myself just by doing the online portion and coming back to finish the rest at a later time.

Edited by kingdrake2

23 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

supposedly the 7-8 online trophy's can be done in a few hours. the bigger grind is the one million trophy which have to be different contracts made. good luck to all whom are attempting it. going to start in a few days myself just by doing the online portion and coming back to finish the rest at a later time.

It's all very quick. All the online trophies including the 1 million one only took me 40 minutes, and I had never played the game before.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:11 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

What about the 50 missions in Loadout? How long does it take?

There's two tricks to doing the missions:

1. Always drop out of the game when there's other human players. Pretty much everyone in this game is terrible and the AI is way better. Maybe one other human player will still be possible if that person doesn't completely sandbag you.

2. There's only a couple of game modes where it's possible to win (once you get to the higher missions). I don't remember exactly what they were, but they're something like:

• Alien invasion type mode - You have to attack and destroy several alien bases. As I recall, this one is the easiest. I think once I got to like 45 missions, I may've been only playing this one.
  • King of the hill type mode - You have to go and occupy different areas for a certain amount of time
  • Defense king of the hill type mode - You have to defend an area (I think sometimes multiple areas, but only one area is active at a time). I think there's another game mode where you defend an object, that one is impossible because there's nothing stopping the CPU from attacking that and not you.

I can't remember if there's any others that are possible at the higher levels.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

There's two tricks to doing the missions:

1. Always drop out of the game when there's other human players. Pretty much everyone in this game is terrible and the AI is way better. Maybe one other human player will still be possible if that person doesn't completely sandbag you.

2. There's only a couple of game modes where it's possible to win (once you get to the higher missions). I don't remember exactly what they were, but they're something like:

• Alien invasion type mode - You have to attack and destroy several alien bases. As I recall, this one is the easiest. I think once I got to like 45 missions, I may've been only playing this one.
  • King of the hill type mode - You have to go and occupy different areas for a certain amount of time
  • Defense king of the hill type mode - You have to defend an area (I think sometimes multiple areas, but only one area is active at a time). I think there's another game mode where you defend an object, that one is impossible because there's nothing stopping the CPU from attacking that and not you.

I can't remember if there's any others that are possible at the higher levels.

Can you select which game modes you're playing? Or is it random?