Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

As predicted, Starhawk hasn't been shut down yet. If it is going to shut down, it'll shut on Monday so some people have been given a 2nd chance to go and get those online trophies, so get them while you can. But what I've also thought is that I've never seen Sony shut down a game without first adding it to their main server page, so maybe this will be like Little Big Planet Karting where the game just won't shut whatsoever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

As predicted, Starhawk hasn't been shut down yet. If it is going to shut down, it'll shut on Monday so some people have been given a 2nd chance to go and get those online trophies, so get them while you can. But what I've also thought is that I've never seen Sony shut down a game without first adding it to their main server page, so maybe this will be like Little Big Planet Karting where the game just won't shut whatsoever. 

I just logged in this morning to Starhawk and was greeted with this message: : Unable to connect to online servers. Some features will be unavailable until you connect." Considering I got the last MP trophy just last night, holy shit I cut that close. @Sergen

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

I just logged in this morning to Starhawk and was greeted with this message: : Unable to connect to online servers. Some features will be unavailable until you connect." Considering I got the last MP trophy just last night, holy shit I cut that close. @Sergen

Nicely done for finishing off the online required trophies, however I think you should have also used some multiplayer matches to get the annoying misc trophies that are on the game, I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass shooting down a Hawk with a Razorback would be in the campaign. This is my 2nd edit of the post but I did think Annoying Little Fly would be unobtainable for you, however I found a video of someone doing it in the campaign here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI55WJOP4Qo that was a close call. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Nicely done for finishing off the online required trophies, however I think you should have also used some multiplayer matches to get the annoying misc trophies that are on the game, I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass shooting down a Hawk with a Razorback would be in the campaign, this is my 2nd edit of the post but I did think Annoying Little Fly would be unobtainable for you, however I found a video of someone doing it in the campaign here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI55WJOP4Qo that was a close call. 

Thanks! I would have gone for them but I didn't have the time. Literally finished the Prospector while at work and did TDM last night. I cut it down to the last possible few hours. Now to the campaign!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Thanks! I would have gone for them but I didn't have the time. Literally finished the Prospector while at work and did TDM last night. I cut it down to the last possible few hours. Now to the campaign!

By the way, of the misc trophies I've seen people do, I haven't found any video of someone doing this trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1430-starhawk/48-minor-miscalculation in the campaign. I don't recall seeing any enemies place a proximity mine, so if they do then it might take you a while to find one who does. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

?IIs true that the Mortal Kombat online mode is closed? (The PS3 game).

Have you not tried the game? Unless it shut today randomly then no, it's not down at the moment. 

Edited by Sergen

22 minutes ago, Sergen said:

By the way, of the misc trophies I've seen people do, I haven't found any video of someone doing this trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1430-starhawk/48-minor-miscalculation in the campaign. I don't recall seeing any enemies place a proximity mine, so if they do then it might take you a while to find one who does. 

Im pretty sure that there arent any enemies who place prox mines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Im pretty sure that there arent any enemies who place prox mines. 

I am installing my disc copy of the game to see if the game has a LAN mode, it lets me host a match if I refuse to connect to the servers, so shortly I'll get a chance to test if any misc trophies unlock if it lets me fill up the lobby with 4 accounts. I will say that someone told me that not even the misc trophies unlock in Prospector mode right now, the game needed the servers for Prospector to register anything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I am installing my disc copy of the game to see if the game has a LAN mode, it lets me host a match if I refuse to connect to the servers, so shortly I'll get a chance to test if any misc trophies unlock if it lets me fill up the lobby with 4 accounts. I will say that someone told me that not even the misc trophies unlock in Prospector mode right now, the game needed the servers for Prospector to register anything. 

Oh please Jesus... I'm literally sick to my stomach right now if I can't get Minor miscalculation...

19 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Oh please Jesus... I'm literally sick to my stomach right now if I can't get Minor miscalculation...

I'm afraid you are gonna be screwed... As far as I know that trophy should have been done during the online bc no enemies place proximity mines. I do hope you luck out with local multiplayer, but I doubt it.

29 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

The game doesn't have a LAN mode or an option to add 4 controllers to a local match. When I try to look at the game list, it tells me to go on the servers and when I play with 2 controllers it's stuck in pre-game mode so it won't let me play an actual match. In the pre-game mode, I fulfilled the requirements of the trophy but it didn't unlock so unfortunately if that trophy isn't doable in the campaign then the game is unobtainable for you. 

Edit: I also managed to start a match with 2 controllers now and re-did the trophy requirement but it also never unlocked in those circumstances either, the game likely only registered anything you did in multiplayer if you did it while connected to the servers. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The game doesn't have a LAN mode or an option to add 4 controllers to a local match. When I try to look at the game list, it tells me to go on the servers and when I play with 2 controllers it's stuck in pre-game mode so it won't let me play an actual match. In the pre-game mode, I fulfilled the requirements of the trophy but it didn't unlock so unfortunately if that trophy isn't doable in the campaign then the game is unobtainable for you. 

Edit: I also managed to start a match with 2 controllers now and re-did the trophy requirement but it also never unlocked in those circumstances either, the game likely only registered anything you did in multiplayer if you did it while connected to the servers. 

Fuck my life. Well, not finishing the campaign then. God damn it. Thanks for checking.

6 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Fuck my life. Well, not finishing the campaign then. God damn it. Thanks for checking.

I'd still try the campaign if I were you, although I never saw any enemy place a proximity charge, that doesn't mean there aren't any enemies who do. I was rushing through the campaign because I only needed to beat the campaign to get the offline done, I did all the misc trophies in the multiplayer for the game in-case they were going to be hard to come by in the campaign. But not only do I not recall any enemies placing a proximity charge, I also don't remember any enemies throwing grenades, the enemies are some robotic crap enemies that don't act like the kind of soldiers you'd face in multiplayer. 

Just now, Sergen said:

I'd still try the campaign if I were you, although I never saw any enemy place a proximity charge, that doesn't mean there aren't any enemies who do. I was rushing through the campaign because I only needed to beat the campaign to get the offline done, I did all the misc trophies in the multiplayer for the game in-case they were going to be hard to come by in the campaign. But not only do I not recall any enemies placing a proximity charge, I also don't remember any enemies throwing grenades, the enemies are some robotic crap enemies that don't act like the kind of soldiers you'd face in multiplayer. 

I just found this!! 

"Sometimes enemies will use their vehicle as a R-Sec Proximity charge delivery-device; this is an effective tactic, but it can be turned on them with a well-placed shot! This will also net the user the "Minor Miscalculation" trophy.

source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamepur.com/news/7970-starhawk-trophies-and-tips.html%3famp

• Like 1

Also it could be that they will only use it on harder difficulty's. I really hope I'm not screwed especially after all the hard work I put in. The only reason I didn't get it was because it was labeled possible in the campaign according to the guide.        

Edited by dragon11gggg

24 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I just found this!! 

"Sometimes enemies will use their vehicle as a R-Sec Proximity charge delivery-device; this is an effective tactic, but it can be turned on them with a well-placed shot! This will also net the user the "Minor Miscalculation" trophy.

source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamepur.com/news/7970-starhawk-trophies-and-tips.html%3famp

I'm not entirely sure if that's something they wrote with single player or multiplayer in mind, but I hope for your sake they are talking about the single player, good luck :) 

21 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

Also it could be that they will only use it on harder difficulty's. I really hope I'm not screwed especially after all the hard work I put in. The only reason I didn't get it was because it was labeled possible in the campaign according to the guide.        

I can tell you by experience of trying to use that garbage guide that it lacks so much important information about the game and I bet the guide writer never tried any of those trophies in the campaign and instead did them in multiplayer. Their guide doesn't even inform people how to do the Mercenary glitch correctly, so someone would be screwed out of a whole campaign playthrough by following that guide word for word. 

Edited by Sergen

21 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'm not entirely sure if that's something they wrote with single player or multiplayer in mind, but I hope for your sake they are talking about the single player, good luck :) 

I can tell you by experience of trying to use that garbage guide that it lacks so much important information about the game and I bet the guide writer never tried any of those trophies in the campaign and instead did them in multiplayer. Their guide doesn't even inform people how to do the Mercenary glitch correctly, so someone would be screwed out of a whole campaign playthrough by following that guide word for word. 

Yeah I found a Russian thread that says online only since campaign enemies never used prox charges even on higher difficulties. I'm guessing using them on vehicles is more of a mp tactic.

8 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Yeah I found a Russian thread that says online only since campaign enemies never used prox charges even on higher difficulties. I'm guessing using them on vehicles is more of a mp tactic.

Well this just ruined my whole day. I guess all I can do now is hope for some miracle to happen or for someone to find a way. :( 

Edited by dragon11gggg

30 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

@EdinhoN Chivalry Medieval Warfare has been delisted from the PSN store. Since it was a digital only release, neither the PS3 nor the PS4 version can be purchased anymore. Servers are still up though afaik.

Great, I got both. I'll have to study trophy guides for how long they will take.