Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

5 hours ago, DoucetDudes said:

yes. Developers are "scumbags" for including multiplayer trophies in the games they work hard on. 

I get it. You want a 100% profile, but most devs (especially in early ps3 days) are focused on making their game as good as it can be first and then they worry about trophies.

Developers and Sony don’t care about trophies, Sony might have made more trophies unobtainable than anyone else. Unfortunately when the servers close for a game, the online was already dead and the game wasn’t getting sales for new copies of the game. It’s only really trophy hunters who care about severely dead games because the trophies could become unobtainable, the people who played the game for fun in the past probably moved on by the time the servers shut. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

Developers and Sony don’t care about trophies, Sony might have made more trophies unobtainable than anyone else. Unfortunately when the servers close for a game, the online was already dead and the game wasn’t getting sales for new copies of the game. It’s only really trophy hunters who care about severely dead games because the trophies could become unobtainable, the people who played the game for fun in the past probably moved on by the time the servers shut. 

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It's called sarcasm.

:awesome:

21 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

:awesome:

I wasn’t replying to the first part, I was aware that was sarcasm but I’m just responding to the part where he mentioned the developers working on the game first then the trophies last. Most developers don’t care about trophies, otherwise games would have an online trophy, but an offline equivalent. The Marvel vs Capcom games have trophies which specify Arcade or Online mode, all online trophies should do that or do “kill 1000 enemies online or 10,000 enemies in single player”.

Edited by Sergen

18 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I will never understand why they add online exclusive trophies. 1f914.png

Just add online portion to the game if you really want it but without attaching trophies to it and everyone will be satisfied. 

Nothing  more stressing for trophy hunters than servers closing up and trophies becoming unotainable. 

I am split on this. While I often loath MP trophies as much as the next guy, sometimes I really want them. example: I really enjoy CoD multiplayer. Despite that fact I almost never play online. Half of me just wants a trophy to get to 1st prestige. Just something to give me some reward for playing it. But then they always go too far. Or they completely omit it. Like Modern Warfare remastered. I wanted nothing more than to have some prestige trophy but no such luck. But I am sure that everyone has an ideal trophy list for them, this is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I will never understand why they add online exclusive trophies. ?

Just add online portion to the game if you really want it but without attaching trophies to it and everyone will be satisfied. 

Nothing  more stressing for trophy hunters than servers closing up and trophies becoming unotainable.

I am also torn on this @Afro_Gear. Online trophies have encouraged me to explore parts of a game that I otherwise would have completely ignored, TLoU being a great example. I used to abhor them but I really appreciate them nowadays as I end up having a lot of unexpected fun with MP. Having said that, the probability of all of those becoming unobtainable at some stage is the single biggest drawback. And for that reason alone, I'd rather have them omitted from trophy lists which would probably result in me missing out on a lot of content but at least there's no risk of jeopardising someone's completionist profile.

Edited by Zolkovo

On 04/07/2018 at 6:01 PM, Lance_87 said:

It's called sarcasm.

Something you clearly can't spot either. ?

Anyway, i've now taken a decision to not buy any game with online multiplay unless it's got an absolute must play single player mode or zero grindy online trophies.

Trophies have ruined the way I play, i'll admit it, but until either Sony get their act together and finally add in an ability to delete unwanted trophies or devs stop adding stupid trophies that no one really wants, i'll carry on that way. I'm one person, but the devs lose out on a customer.

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

I am split on this. While I often loath MP trophies as much as the next guy, sometimes I really want them. example: I really enjoy CoD multiplayer. Despite that fact I almost never play online. Half of me just wants a trophy to get to 1st prestige. Just something to give me some reward for playing it. But then they always go too far. Or they completely omit it. Like Modern Warfare remastered. I wanted nothing more than to have some prestige trophy but no such luck. But I am sure that everyone has an ideal trophy list for them, this is just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Zolkovo said:

I am also torn on this @Afro_Gear. Online trophies have encouraged me to explore parts of a game that I otherwise would have completely ignored, TLoU being a great example. I used to abhor them but I really appreciate them nowadays as I end up having a lot of unexpected fun with MP. Having said that, the probability of all of those becoming unobtainable at some stage is the single biggest drawback. And for that reason alone, I'd rather have them omitted from trophy lists which would probably result in me missing out on a lot of content but at least there's no risk of jeopardising someone's completionist profile.

What about something like this then? everyone wins.

XNFHGXv.png?1

• Like 2

Just now, Aexuz said:

XNFHGXv.png?1

If it comes bundled in one purchase then that would be great. But even in the above example the KZ3 multiplayer was a separate purchase and the base game still had online trophies. The reality is developers don't care much for trophy hunters as it's such a small percentage of their sales base (most of the time).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zolkovo said:

If it comes bundled in one purchase then that would be great. But even in the above example the KZ3 multiplayer was a separate purchase and the base game still had online trophies. The reality is developers don't care much for trophy hunters as it's such a small percentage of their sales base (most of the time).

Yeah if they have implemented 2 separate trophy lists bundled in one purchase for all games with online portion would have been a win situation for everyone. Sometimes you just want to play the story but don't really care about the multiplayer.

48 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

XNFHGXv.png?1

This would be great, but the Killzone 3 list includes multiplayer trophies. The multiplayer option is just a standalone version of multiplayer. Games like Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda really nailed trophies because you could earn them either in single or multiplayer. That's definitely what game developers should be looking at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

This would be great, but the Killzone 3 list includes multiplayer trophies. The multiplayer option is just a standalone version of multiplayer. Games like Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda really nailed trophies because you could earn them either in single or multiplayer. That's definitely what game developers should be looking at.

I was just using the image as an example. For me two separate trophy sets would have been a good option or as you said trophies that can be earned off line or online like the Dark Souls series. 

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

I was just using the image as an example. For me two separate trophy sets would have been a good option or as you said trophies that can be earned off line or online like the Dark Souls series. 

I wish Uncharted 3 had a stand-alone multiplayer trophy list with a platinum, the trophies in that DLC would be enough to make it a sub 1% platinum for sure and the DLC has 50 trophies. I feel like Uncharted 3’s DLC wasn’t really worth it since the game got remastered for PS4. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 2:44 AM, BluesFanUK said:

Anyway, i've now taken a decision to not buy any game with online multiplay unless it's got an absolute must play single player mode or zero grindy online trophies.

Trophies have ruined the way I play, i'll admit it, but until either Sony get their act together and finally add in an ability to delete unwanted trophies or devs stop adding stupid trophies that no one really wants, i'll carry on that way. I'm one person, but the devs lose out on a customer.

So you are going to let trophies ruin the way you play even more? Maybe do that for this account if your that worried but certainly dont skip games that you want to play entirely. Use a different account if you must.

I dont see online trophies disappearing and i dont think they should. 

• Like 1

I don't see why people are bitching about online trophies.

If you didn't bother to look at the trophy list before you bought a game with online trophies then it's your fault.

Play the games you like and what you think you will like, and move on.

So looks like Batman Origins online as come back. Might be your last chance to get it done so don't wait on it.

Glad this game came back even if its only for a short amount time, Hoping more games start to return. I'm looking at you Portal 2, marvels heroes omega and StarHawk   

20 hours ago, dragon11gggg said:

So looks like Batman Origins online as come back. Might be your last chance to get it done so don't wait on it.

Glad this game came back even if its only for a short amount time, Hoping more games start to return. I'm looking at you Portal 2, marvels heroes omega and StarHawk   

And now I'm given cause to again wonder whether it is worth starting now. I wish I'd went for it when I first saw the shutdown announcement in 2016, seeing as the servers still have not officially shut down. Anyone know how long or hard the multiplayer is, and if it's worth starting now?

It looks like servers for Sword Coast Legends are shutting down July 25th. Notice. The link for the game homepage routes to a steam community page. I thought it might only apply to the steam version but talk from this forum thread seems to confirm that it's a blanket shutdown (also affecting PS4) due to legal issues. The game was delisted off the PSN store back in December.

I posted a game specific thread for this closure here.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

It looks like servers for Sword Coast Legends are shutting down July 25th. Notice. The link for the game homepage routes to a steam community page. I thought it might only apply to the steam version but talk from this forum thread seems to confirm that it's a blanket shutdown (also affecting PS4) due to legal issues. The game was delisted off the PSN store back in December.

I posted a game specific thread for this closure here.

Thanks for the information. I don't care about this server shut down so if it stays or goes I couldn't care less. Best of luck to those who are trying to get this done.