Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Looks as though a few games have changed to 22June 2018 to close on the playstation link, can confirm bigfest is still up

PS Vita – BigFest

PS3, PS Vita – Gravity Crash

PS3, PS Vita - Hustle Kings

PS Vita – PlayStation Vita Pets

PS3 – MotorStorm Apocalypse

9 minutes ago, Greenmanboy said:

Looks as though a few games have changed to 22June 2018 to close on the playstation link, can confirm bigfest is still up

PS Vita – BigFest

PS3, PS Vita – Gravity Crash

PS3, PS Vita - Hustle Kings

PS Vita – PlayStation Vita Pets

PS3 – MotorStorm Apocalypse

Thanks for the update. Do you or anyone else know how long it takes to get the online done in Bigfest and how hard it is?

I wonder why they changed the closure date on those games to June even though we are in July >.>

I was about to start MotorStorm this past weekend but found out that my copy of the game is messed up somehow because it doesn't move past the first couple logo screens even though the disc is in good to decent condition.

Just bought a second used copy today, I hope this one works and that I'm still on time to get those online trophies out of the way.

19 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

Thanks for the update. Do you or anyone else know how long it takes to get the online done in Bigfest and how hard it is?

The online trophies take about 3 hours of offline play to collect the 50 tokens, and about 10 mins online to use them. Difficulty for this is 1/10 incredibly easy.

When the servers go down, saving won't happen(need to play online for saving). So the game can't be closed otherwise all progress will reset.

16 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

I wonder why they changed the closure date on those games to June even though we are in July >.>

I was about to start MotorStorm this past weekend but found out that my copy of the game is messed up somehow because it doesn't move past the first couple logo screens even though the disc is in good to decent condition.

Just bought a second used copy today, I hope this one works and that I'm still on time to get those online trophies out of the way.

Where did they change it to June?

Did I miss something?

Edit: Got it, the link on PS.  How ridiculous, Sony ... it's the EA of our time.

Edited by BlackJudas77

18 minutes ago, BlackJudas77 said:

Where did they change it to June?

Did I miss something?

Got it, the link on PS.  How ridiculous, Sony ... it the EA of our time.

Yep, it's on the store and here too.

I honestly don't know what's going on. I just hope the servers are still working tomorrow and that they don't decide to close them overnight after this >.>

lol the EA of our time ?

Edited by Honor_Hand

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

You still have quite a bit of time and the online trophies come relatively quickly. I got my last mp trophy earlier in the week without any issues so there’s no sever issues atm to cause any dramas

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greenmanboy said:

The online trophies take about 3 hours of offline play to collect the 50 tokens, and about 10 mins online to use them. Difficulty for this is 1/10 incredibly easy.

When the servers go down, saving won't happen(need to play online for saving). So the game can't be closed otherwise all progress will reset.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know. 

4 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

Happy Dungeons is closing next April. 

Thank god, one I've actually already done. It has a 100 hour trophy, too, but you can rubberband it. "Actual" required play time is only ike 10-12 hours, IIRC.

32 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Wow, next April? Most notice ever! Good devs.

There seems to be some indication it was a false alarm:

Still, it's easy enough to get done that I recommend anyone who's interested to just jump on it. Getting 100 hours in over the course of several months is pretty easy, but trying to do it all at once would suck (you can only do ~4 hours at a go without getting booted from the server, so it requires at least some monitoring).

Because of them backdating the server shutdown for Motorstorm Apocalypse I worked on the MP trophies this weekend. But I found it very weird that after some point on Saturday I seemed to be connecting to Japanese servers, because categories were no longer divided into "racing" and "racing reverse" but a load of Japanese characters that probably meant the same. Figuring that those servers might be the only ones still online I scrambled to get the last accolades. I have everything now, but I think it will be risky to leave this game until the very last. It might even be risky to start this game at all at this point if a 100% profile is important to you.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

i have a PSN boosting chat exclusively for ppl w/ 2 copies of Crysis 2. msg me on PSN if u want in

Dedication trophy is the one you need for 6 months. I was legit about to sign up then remembered I was in the same boat

1 hour ago, Mystical_Heaven said:

Crysis 2 servers shutdown on 11th October

FUCK. I still need Dedication trophy

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/2018

Well I guess there goes that game being loaded on my profile. I was supposed to start in June so the dedication trophy can pop on New Years but since I didn't start and they won't be another new year. I'll just play Crysis 2 on a dummy account and then move on to Crysis 3 before the closure

1 hour ago, Waddlingdan said:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel is closing on November 11th. Not sure if it has multiplayer trophies as I only took a brief glance over the list but definitely saw a co-op trophy.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000031223/Online-Services-Closing-PC-IOS-PS3-X360-WIIU

You're a bit late with this ;) 

"The Online Services for the following games will be discontinued on November 11th, 2017:"

and it hasn't effected earning the online trophies

• Like 3

3 hours ago, K_Raw21 said:

Dedication trophy is the one you need for 6 months. I was legit about to sign up then remembered I was in the same boat

Well I guess there goes that game being loaded on my profile. I was supposed to start in June so the dedication trophy can pop on New Years but since I didn't start and they won't be another new year. I'll just play Crysis 2 on a dummy account and then move on to Crysis 3 before the closure

The Dedication trophy can glitch on you, but in a good way.  It popped for me about 2 months after I first played online, as opposed to 6 months.  Don't let 1 trophy which may or may not be obtainable put you off playing a game.

On 16/07/2018 at 9:41 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Because of them backdating the server shutdown for Motorstorm Apocalypse I worked on the MP trophies this weekend. But I found it very weird that after some point on Saturday I seemed to be connecting to Japanese servers, because categories were no longer divided into "racing" and "racing reverse" but a load of Japanese characters that probably meant the same. Figuring that those servers might be the only ones still online I scrambled to get the last accolades. I have everything now, but I think it will be risky to leave this game until the very last. It might even be risky to start this game at all at this point if a 100% profile is important to you.

I don't know but I boosted the trophies today and yesterday and both modes were still in english for me.

4 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I don't know but I boosted the trophies today and yesterday and both modes were still in english for me.

He is correct, the server names were in japanes over the weekend, but yesterday they appeared in english. I I would put this game as a priority if anyone wants to finish it, just in case.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, StewartBros said:

The Dedication trophy can glitch on you, but in a good way.  It popped for me about 2 months after I first played online, as opposed to 6 months.  Don't let 1 trophy which may or may not be obtainable put you off playing a game.

He literally said he would still play it.