Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2018 at 10:30 PM, EdinhoN said:

It is down

Did you test Boomshakalaka with a patch blocker? I kinda told @Potent_Delusions to ask you since you started it and I thought you would try it sooner. But you waited until the last day, or maybe didn't even try it since you didn't get every trophy altogether. Either way, I had faith in you to try it with the patch blocker as soon as he told you, but now I'm crying :( 

20 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Did you test Boomshakalaka with a patch blocker? I kinda told @Potent_Delusions to ask you since you started it and I thought you would try it sooner. But you waited until the last day, or maybe didn't even try it since you didn't get every trophy altogether. Either way, I had faith in you to try it with the patch blocker as soon as he told you, but now I'm crying :( 

I didn't try due to strict timeframe for rank 50, which I ultimately didn't manage to achieve. Nonetheless, the patch blocker for Boomshakala wouldn't work as Lawbreakers is an online-only game, it would probably just refuse to connect to the game servers when checking the version.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EdinhoN said:

I didn't try due to strict timeframe for rank 50, which I ultimately didn't manage to achieve. Nonetheless, the patch blocker for Boomshakala wouldn't work as Lawbreakers is an online-only game, it would probably just refuse to connect to the game servers when checking the version.

Out of curiosity, I did order a retail copy from Amazon and tried it, but the game arrived too late to really allow me to work on the platinum. But with the patch blocker I did make some progress towards the trophy so ultimately it would have worked, but now that the servers are down it won't ever work again unless someone does a Gonespy for Lawbreakers, which is unlikely as I doubt anyone captured the network packets required to create a custom server for it. 

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

Out of curiosity, I did order a retail copy from Amazon and tried it, but the game arrived too late to really allow me to work on the platinum. But with the patch blocker I did make some progress towards the trophy so ultimately it would have worked, but now that the servers are down it won't ever work again unless someone does a Gonespy for Lawbreakers, which is unlikely as I doubt anyone captured the network packets required to create a custom server for it. 

How did you manage to overcome server authentication? It shouldn't allow an outdated client to play at all. If you check main menu there's always a in-game version control. (Right below the LawBreakers logo)

Updates changed a lot of characters stats and much more, how would the server handle an outdated client? 

In the scenario you've presented, LawBreakers is to be considered poorly coded.

Sorry for doubting in your word, but finding a match in this game would require to have played with the boosting group or the legit group from Discord and I've never seen any total random (assuming your alt) playing with us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

How did you manage to overcome server authentication? It shouldn't allow an outdated client to play at all. If you check main menu there's always a in-game version control. (Right below the LawBreakers logo)

Updates changed a lot of characters stats and much more, how would the server handle an outdated client? 

In the scenario you've presented, LawBreakers is to be considered poorly coded.

Sorry for doubting in your word, but finding a match in this game would require to have played with the boosting group or the legit group from Discord and I've never seen any total random (assuming your alt) playing with us.

When they break the coding for a trophy with a patch, I guess you could say it was "poorly coded", so yeah it did let me in with a lower version with a retail copy and the patch blocker, I just started it too late due to the delivery taking forever on my copy. It's not really a platinum I'm that upset about as the rarity wasn't magnificent, but it would have been nice to do it. 

19 minutes ago, Sergen said:

When they break the coding for a trophy with a patch, I guess you could say it was "poorly coded", so yeah it did let me in with a lower version with a retail copy and the patch blocker, I just started it too late due to the delivery taking forever on my copy. It's not really a platinum I'm that upset about as the rarity wasn't magnificent, but it would have been nice to do it. 

That's really weird as the devs took care of how to balance the competitive gaming in LawBreakers (afk kicking system is annoying for boosters) and why would they allow an unpatched version to run in their servers? It is a risk of somehow allowing cheaters to do something "evil" inside matches.

I really don't know how the server would handle different versioned players in this case.

Nonetheless, in the late scenario of this game there was just the boosting group I took part in and a few die-hard fans legit players in a Discord server, around one month of constant playing was needed to 100% this game even if the patch didn't mess with Boomshakalaka from beginning

On 9/17/2018 at 10:05 PM, Armored Squirrel said:

Damn, I have 2016. Doubt I'd ever get good enough to plat it though :( 

The online doesn't look too difficult on that, the 5 stars might be hard, but I would just recommend having a friend come over who's really good (or even semi good-I'm terrible imo but I tend to get 5 stars pretty easily). I luckily was going through online titles recently and finished off 2014. Now, just gotta find two more move controllers and do the stupid 4 player trophies and the remainder songs 5 stars. LOL 

Another thought,probably a stupid one, but you could possibly game share and get some help with songs that you can't seem to do, I don't know if it's possible with the camera and having somebody dance for you, because how that would work, is beyond me.

Edited by Leigrez
Another thought

14 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

You'll never plat it. Ubisoft has never put VIP dancers in the online portion of it. A few trophies were always unachievable

But there's 161 platinum owners https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3981-just-dance-2016

16 minutes ago, Leigrez said:

The online doesn't look too difficult on that, the 5 stars might be hard, but I would just recommend having a friend come over who's really good (or even semi good-I'm terrible imo but I tend to get 5 stars pretty easily). I luckily was going through online titles recently and finished off 2014. Now, just gotta find two more move controllers and do the stupid 4 player trophies and the remainder songs 5 stars. LOL 

Another thought,probably a stupid one, but you could possibly game share and get some help with songs that you can't seem to do, I don't know if it's possible with the camera and having somebody dance for you, because how that would work, is beyond me.

Well since I've disc, that's not possible, unless you mean share play it? I dunno how well that would work. 

2 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

But there's 161 platinum owners https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3981-just-dance-2016

Well since I've disc, that's not possible, unless you mean share play it? I dunno how well that would work. 

OMG, yeah totally meant share play it... and yeah I don't know if it would work, it was a random thought at 230am

17 minutes ago, Leigrez said:

OMG, yeah totally meant share play it... and yeah I don't know if it would work, it was a random thought at 230am

The guide makes it seem like the 5 stars trophy shouldnt be too much of an issue, but I wonder if the online challenge trophies can be boosted, cuz beating 100 people seems very unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Oh, the ps4 version is obtainable. Only the ps3 version is closing though.

So PS4 is safe for now? That's good to hear.