Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

6 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Now, Twisted Metal is a game I always wanted to try at some point. The trophy list sounds like it could be done in less than 30 days if I started right now and focused solely on it as some of the trophies sound pretty demanding. I think this game also requires an online pass in order to play online, doesn't it? That and the hard trophies in such a short period of time kind of defeat the purpose of me even trying here so I'll be skipping on this one as well.

I was tempted to try it since you can change the dates for the 30 wins on 30 days trophy but I'm not sure how hard unlocking the warthog vehicle is and whether it'll be feasible by the 25th. Ah well...

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

So, which PS3 Sony games are still up after the 25th?

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

LittleBigPlanet 1

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigplanet 3

Ratchet and Clank All4One

Ratchet and Clank QForce

The Last of Us

And on PSVita we have

Unit 13

Uncharted Fight for Fortune

Resistance Burning Skies

Killzone Mercenary

LittleBigPlanet Vita

I think thats all of them. Im pretty sure at this point that the servers of these games wont survive the next year.

Those games should be top priority for every online trophy hunter for the next months ...

Gow ascension 

50 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

I was tempted to try it since you can change the dates for the 30 wins on 30 days trophy but I'm not sure how hard unlocking the warthog vehicle is and whether it'll be feasible by the 25th. Ah well...

Yeah, the 30 wins on 30 days look like it could be feasible to pull off before the 25th by changing the internal clock on the system but the rest of the trophies are pretty demanding and for such a short period of time, no thanks. Lol I'm out of that race before it even begins xD

5 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yeah, the 30 wins on 30 days look like it could be feasible to pull off before the 25th by changing the internal clock on the system but the rest of the trophies are pretty demanding and for such a short period of time, no thanks. Lol I'm out of that race before it even begins xD

You're really not. Trust me: the SP is stupidly easy with the infinite ammo glitch. You can complete it in a few hours, seriously. The MP grind isn't too bad but you do need 6 accounts in the lobby for it to start (each console can use 2 controllers) i.e. 3 consoles. The trophies are very over-rarified. You can easily do it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

So, which PS3 Sony games are still up after the 25th?

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

LittleBigPlanet 1

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigplanet 3

Ratchet and Clank All4One

Ratchet and Clank QForce

The Last of Us

And on PSVita we have

Unit 13

Uncharted Fight for Fortune

Resistance Burning Skies

Killzone Mercenary

LittleBigPlanet Vita

I think thats all of them. Im pretty sure at this point that the servers of these games wont survive the next year.

Those games should be top priority for every online trophy hunter for the next months ...

PS3:

God Of War Ascension

Infamous 2

Infamous Fesival Of Blood

Fat Princess (PSN)

Journey (PS3 STACK)

Move Fitness (EU)

Move Fitness (NA)

The Fight

Singstar

Motorstorm RC (PS3 STACK)

Dead Nation (PS3 STACK)

PS4:

Journey (PS4 STACK)

Dead Nation (PS4)

Dead Nation (JP)

PS Vita:

Wake-up Club

Unit 13 (NA)

Unit 13 (EU)

Little Deviants (AS)

Little Deviants

Motorstorm RC (VITA STACK)

Dead Nation (VITA STACK)

Reality Fighters

All of them have online trophies also.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

So, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Twisted Metal and Warhawk are the next ones closing on October 25th? Hmmmm, that may be a problem as I don't have any of those games on my collection.

Warhawk looks like waaaaayyyyyyy too much for me... I won't bother trying this one.

Now, Twisted Metal is a game I always wanted to try at some point. The trophy list sounds like it could be done in less than 30 days if I started right now and focused solely on it as some of the trophies sound pretty demanding. I think this game also requires an online pass in order to play online, doesn't it? That and the hard trophies in such a short period of time kind of defeat the purpose of me even trying here so I'll be skipping on this one as well.

PASBR looks fairly doable and is also a game I was looking to test at some point. I love Nintendo's Smash series and I always wanted to check what Sony did here. I may probably try this one in the next 30 days if I happen to find the game at a good price. 

Thanks for sharing info on the upcoming server shutdown dates for these games, everyone! :)

PASBR has been on Playstation Plus, so you might have it in your collection if you were a member back than. It's the easiest of all three games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

PS3:

God Of War Ascension

Infamous 2

Fat Princess (PSN)

Journey (PS3 STACK)

Move Fitness (EU)

Move Fitness (NA)

The Fight

Singstar

Dead Nation (PS3 STACK)

PS4:

Journey (PS4 STACK)

Dead Nation (PS4)

Dead Nation (JP)

PS Vita:

Wake-up Club

Unit 13 (NA)

Unit 13 (EU)

Little Deviants (AS)

Little Deviants

Dead Nation (VITA STACK)

Reality Fighters

Fat Princess was shut down last year.

8 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Or they'll actually listen and extend the deadline like they've done already for Gravity Rush 2...

Gravity Rush 2 was delayed because it was released one year before the original date of the shutdown.

Edited by Lance_87

14 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

13 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

13 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

You're really not. Trust me: the SP is stupidly easy with the infinite ammo glitch. You can complete it in a few hours, seriously. The MP grind isn't too bad but you do need 6 accounts in the lobby for it to start (each console can use 2 controllers) i.e. 3 consoles. The trophies are very over-rarified. You can easily do it. 

Kraven and Honor and anyone else debating on Twisted Metal plat, I second Potent on this, I started this game back in 2012, didn't do much cause of the difficulty and I didn't think I could finish it, so got one trophy, and it's been sitting... I really started the grind yesterday, and I finished the Entire SP trophy experience already with that infinite ammo glitch... it works perfectly. Me and some guys are boosting the online, and so far its half done and I've only put in around 15 hours or so total across everything. I'll need another 6 - 7 hours to finish the online except the 30 days one. That will require by my guesstimate around 5 hours by itself, for the wins, the time change, the reloading of the game, everything. Just because it's so tedious... honestly I would give this game around a 5, maybe a 4 in difficulty with that exploit, without, surely an 8 or 9. So it can be done for sure within a couple days.

I gotta get it done quickly too, cause I still have the behemoth that is Warhawk to do.

Edited by Leigrez
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

PS3:

God Of War Ascension

Infamous 2

Fat Princess (PSN)

Journey (PS3 STACK)

Move Fitness (EU)

Move Fitness (NA)

The Fight

Singstar

Dead Nation (PS3 STACK)

PS4:

Journey (PS4 STACK)

Dead Nation (PS4)

Dead Nation (JP)

PS Vita:

Wake-up Club

Unit 13 (NA)

Unit 13 (EU)

Little Deviants (AS)

Little Deviants

Dead Nation (VITA STACK)

Reality Fighters

Thats a great list, I would also add...

PS3

Crash Commando

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Foosball 2012

Payday: The Heist

The Last of Us

PS4

Alienation

Bloodborne

Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls 2 Scholarship of the Sins

Dark Souls 3

Driveclub

Driveclub Bikes

Driveclub VR

Farpoint

Gran Turismo Sport

Killzone Shadow Fall/Intercept

Nex Machina

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League

The Last of Us Remastered

Vita

Freedom Wars

Foosball 2012

Soul Sacrifice

Soul Sacrifice Delta

I know the Souls series technically doesn't need the online, but it definitely makes a ton of things super easy, like rings and items for sharing purposes. I believe the rest of those have online associated with it, like leaderboards or whatever.

@Potent_Delusions @ConAir @Leigrez

Many thanks for the recommendations, all three of you :)

I ultimately decided against going for the Platinum on both Twisted Metal and PASBR because I don't want to spend extra money on the online pass to get those multiplayer trophies. I was looking to get the games in physical for collection purposes and even though I found a good number of used copies of PASBR at a decent price locally online (and 1 of Twisted Metal), the fact that I would need to pay $10 for the online pass made the whole thing feels kind of unsavory to me lol xD The games are priced reasonably on Sony store but I'd rather get the discs.

I also don't have Plus at the moment, nor I remember ever getting PASBR while being a member ? So... yeah, I'm out ?

Good luck with the games if you are currently going at them! ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

PS3:

God Of War Ascension

Infamous 2

Fat Princess (PSN)

Journey (PS3 STACK)

Move Fitness (EU)

Move Fitness (NA)

The Fight

Singstar

Dead Nation (PS3 STACK)

PS4:

Journey (PS4 STACK)

Dead Nation (PS4)

Dead Nation (JP)

PS Vita:

Wake-up Club

Unit 13 (NA)

Unit 13 (EU)

Little Deviants (AS)

Little Deviants

Dead Nation (VITA STACK)

Reality Fighters

HouseMarque self published dead nation on ps4 if I'm not mistaken

41 minutes ago, Leigrez said:

PS3

Crash Commando

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Foosball 2012

The Last of Us

PS4

Alienation

Bloodborne

Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls 3

Driveclub

Driveclub Bikes

Driveclub VR

Farpoint

Gran Turismo Sport

Nex Machina

Vita

Freedom Wars

Foosball 2012

Soul Sacrifice

Soul Sacrifice Delta

I know the Souls series technically doesn't need the online, but it definitely makes a ton of things super easy, like rings and items for sharing purposes. I believe the rest of those have online associated with it, like leaderboards or whatever.

The list was for Sony published titles, since they're shutting down 3 of their own games.  Sony doesn't determine when other publishers games (like alien nation and dark souls) servers go down

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That's why I said most companies don't care, as some very much do but they are a tiny minority in a large sea of those who don't :(.

No, you called out SONY directly, and Gravity Rush 2 is from SONY and they postponed the clossing date when people asked them to, so it makes you sentence wrong.

13 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Fat Princess was shut down last year.

Gravity Rush 2 was delayed because it was released one year before the original date of the shutdown.

No, Gravity Rush was delayed because people asked them to delay it (they actually ask them to not do it at all but anyway), if no one said anything they would've closed the servers at the original deadline.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

2 hours ago, Leigrez said:

PS3

Crash Commando

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Foosball 2012

The Last of Us

PS4

Alienation

Bloodborne

Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls 3

Driveclub

Driveclub Bikes

Driveclub VR

Farpoint

Gran Turismo Sport

Nex Machina

Vita

Freedom Wars

Foosball 2012

Soul Sacrifice

Soul Sacrifice Delta

I only put the games that are on risk. Most PS4 ones like Shadow Fall won't be in danger yet. Since Mercenary will be next etc.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

3 hours ago, Leigrez said:

PS3

Crash Commando

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Foosball 2012

The Last of Us

PS4

Alienation

Bloodborne

Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls 3

Driveclub

Driveclub Bikes

Driveclub VR

Farpoint

Gran Turismo Sport

Nex Machina

Vita

Freedom Wars

Foosball 2012

Soul Sacrifice

Soul Sacrifice Delta

If you're going to add third-party PS3 games the list is QUITE longer...

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

I don't count Buletstorm against EA because it was Gamespy and so it would have required them to remake the whole MP to avoid the closure (an unreasonable request by anyones standards). Trust me, it was a lengthy process, these games were developed alongside Gamespy and so Gamespy was literally the MP, it wasn't just a server unit to power them or something. Last non-sports closure from them I think was Create in April 2012. I won't list Sony's non-sports closures since April 2012 otherwise it'd probably take up the whole page.

Bulletstorm used gamespy, but it wasn't developed along side it. The Xbox and PC versions didn't use it (And were never shut down). only the PS version did.  Rockstar kept GTA4 running after gamespy, EA could have done the same with Bulletstorm (Though I can see why they wouldn't...nobody played online) If there were no servers in existence anymore, gonespy wouldn't work (Though I'm no expert on the gonespy stuff)

16 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The list was for Sony published titles, since they're shutting down 3 of their own games.  Sony doesn't determine when other publishers games (like alien nation and dark souls) servers go down

Ah yeah fair enough, totally was reading about demon souls, and just instinctively thought about Dark Souls... the rest of those should be all Sony Published, including Bloodborne.