EdinhoN

Known Upcoming Server Shutdowns

1,511 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

From what I understand Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale has some fairly easy online trophies. How long would it take to tackle them (on PS Vita if that makes a difference)? 1f914.png Doing it legit or boosting. All answers and comments are appreciated!

About 1-2 hours boosting for each platform, and about 2-6 hours legit for each platform just because of how hard it is to find games, specifically ranked and FFA games. You have to find at least 1 partner regardless for "Friendly Competition", which itself only takes about 3 minutes or so.

Edited by Empovyle
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Warhawk is due to close at 15th of October too, according to German PS Store.

As Sony is a mess, we can't infer which date to trust. Let's account for the worst

 

Great, I'll have to focus on Warhawk if this is true. I wish I didn't have to sleep or go to work.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Warhawk is closing 15th or 25th, or was someone able to reach Sony to confirm? Its like they intentionally trying to toy with people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Empovyle said:

About 1-2 hours boosting for each platform, and about 2-6 hours legit for each platform just because of how hard it is to find games, specifically ranked and FFA games. You have to find at least 1 partner regardless for "Friendly Competition", which itself only takes about 3 minutes or so.

Glad to hear that. I guess I'll have to get the game and jump on it ASAP; only going for the Vita version so hopefully will be able to tackle it in a few days.

Thanks for the answer!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, majob said:

The games have been up for years as I said before, so you can't exactly feel inclined to give someone an extra three months for what they before hand had ample time to do. And how is it greedy to shut down something that's old and is no longer being used or only lightly used? Most people shut down services in those situations, that's reality. I feel like a little common sense is lacking in regards to this

But it is greedy to sell a $15 online pass for a game that only has 10 days left...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, majob said:

The games have been up for years as I said before, so you can't exactly feel inclined to give someone an extra three months for what they before hand had ample time to do. And how is it greedy to shut down something that's old and is no longer being used or only lightly used? Most people shut down services in those situations, that's reality. I feel like a little common sense is lacking in regards to this

 

believe it or not, some people live above the poverty line and find themselves with an overwhelming amount of games to play, with very restricted time since they're not NEETs

with my 428 plats, i've only gone through about 31% of my backlog because I like games and i'm not poor :P   people like me rely on fair shutdown notices 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Smashero said:

 

"I am afraid that this will not work" - translation:

 

"I have no clue, how should I know (what is "pop instantly" anyway?!?)? So better I will protect my ass in case if it will really not work, so I will write like this". 

Well I hope it continues working. I haven't gotten to my Sound Shapes yet :( 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

 

believe it or not, some people live above the poverty line and find themselves with an overwhelming amount of games to play, with very restricted time since they're not NEETs

with my 428 plats, i've only gone through about 31% of my backlog because I like games and i'm not poor :P   people like me rely on fair shutdown notices 

That doesn't really excuse the fact that you had time in between to obtain those trophies. I had ample time to obtain the online trophies in Crysis 2 but I never did and I've accepted that, I had the game for years and simply just didn't get around to it and I didn't get upset when I saw the notification. I also never brought up finances, I simply brought the issue of time. I work as well and I play only when I can but I don't use that as an excuse for not getting the online trophies in a game that's several years old. 

 

Come on, Common Sense tells you that servers won't be up forever and that if you can you should get around to it. Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today and all that.

 

4 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

But it is greedy to sell a $15 online pass for a game that only has 10 days left...

Don't buy it then? It's not like they're forcing you to. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, majob said:

That doesn't really excuse the fact that you had time in between to obtain those trophies. I had ample time to obtain the online trophies in Crysis 2 but I never did and I've accepted that, I had the game for years and simply just didn't get around to it and I didn't get upset when I saw the notification. I also never brought up finances, I simply brought the issue of time. I work as well and I play only when I can but I don't use that as an excuse for not getting the online trophies in a game that's several years old. 

 

Come on, Common Sense tells you that servers won't be up forever and that if you can you should get around to it. Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today and all that.

 

 

by your logic, i ought to go through all my games and systematically knock out the MP trophies, including online-only games like MMOs which take hundreds of hours. (I have well over 300 of these currently)

...and when i got a new game, I'd do the same for its online trophies

 

you do realize I'd probably never get to platinum another game ever again, right?  One that's not online-only i mean. you really see that as a reasonable way to live?

Edited by Trope Hore
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

 

by your logic, i ought to go through all my games and systematically knock out the MP trophies, including online-only games like MMOs which take hundreds of hours. (I have well over 300 of these currently)

...and when i got a new game, I'd do the same for its online trophies

 

you do realize I'd probably never get to platinum another game ever again, right?  One that's not online-only i mean. you really see that as a reasonable way to live?

By my logic, if you really wanted to get something done, you would have done so long before you were under an deadline and if you failed to meet it, you wouldn't be upset because you knew you had ample time to do it. I'm not telling you how to play your games, I'm saying that complaining about not getting what you feel is adequate warning about being unable to get trophies you had years to obtain to me seems frivolous. You knew what you were getting into when you bought the game and now the time has come.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the same side with Trope, except for me, I live for these notices since I'm always fighting for them.  I have no time to play games right now as it is, so I'm always playing what's shutting down (right now, it's leaving on the PS4 for Happy Dungeons).  If I had Twisted Metal or Warhawk, I'd have to switch those to the front of my backlog.  For another example - I love Uncharted, but I haven't started the second game yet, since the online for that is still working.  I'm not going to get those trophies out of the way, since yet another free-to-play game will surely announce its closure before then.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, goodSuM said:

I'm on the same side with Trope, except for me, I live for these notices since I'm always fighting for them.  I have no time to play games right now as it is, so I'm always playing what's shutting down (right now, it's leaving on the PS4 for Happy Dungeons).  If I had Twisted Metal or Warhawk, I'd have to switch those to the front of my backlog.  For another example - I love Uncharted, but I haven't started the second game yet, since the online for that is still working.  I'm not going to get those trophies out of the way, since yet another free-to-play game will surely announce its closure before then.

These notices are what got me to get the MP trophies on Arkham Origins out of the way. Though the servers are going strong over a year later, it was a good choice. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

I hope is an error of typing, the one for Twisted Metal, because i want to do it. DAMN

 

how is it an error to make it less time lol

unless you were hoping they meant to also change month

 

i dunno

 

15 hours ago, Skadoki said:

From what I understand Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale has some fairly easy online trophies. How long would it take to tackle them (on PS Vita if that makes a difference)? 🤔 Doing it legit or boosting. All answers and comments are appreciated!

 

It's cross play, try the Discord in PS3 boost: https://psnprofiles.com/session/159381-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

Edited by mako-heart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skadoki said:

Yeah, I don't really care about cross play, in fact I prefer having a single trophy set on my list :) . Unfortunately all discord links seem to be expired/invalid. 

 

Oh, I just mentioned it cause you wouldn't have seen the PS3 ver w/o specifically looking for it (I think).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shutdown notice for Hustle Kings was first set in August, but then it was backdated to some day in June even after that date had already passed. I hung on to the original date and that is indeed when it went down. I think it was the same for Motorstorm Apocalypse. So the few messages we do get are completely unreliable. I really wonder who is taking the time to put them up there and then getting it wrong more often than not. The gist of it is, as soon as anything appears on any of the official channels about a game shutting down try to get it done as fast as possible. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

 

Microsoft has not shut a single one of their games on XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE. In fact, quite the opposite; they actually offer every publisher the chance to let Microsoft host the online servers for their games themselves, thereby virtually granting them life eternal. You can still do games such as FEAR 2, Ghostbusters, and Heroes over Europe on the xbox 360 (these shut 4yrs ago, 6yrs ago, and 5yrs ago respectively on the ps3) due to this.

 

On the other hand, Sony cannot even maintain their own servers, let alone other peoples. Comparing Sony to Microsoft in this department is like comparing a pedalo to a Ferrari. 

 

Go look at the XBOX unobtainables list too: considerably shorter than Playstation's. Most casualties there only come from the few companies that refuse Microsoft's offer (2K, EA, and THQ really). 

This right here should be pinned. I had no idea that this was the case with M$ and really irks me that P$ can't do the same with servers, ultimately killing online games. RIP Ghostbusters. 

 

I have grown up loving Sony for many reasons but it seems the cannot get this right. :(

 

Who knows and maybe it will change in the future? 

 

What about titles on PS Now? I don't use it but are there games with online still there? If so, that's fucked. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, majob said:

By my logic, if you really wanted to get something done, you would have done so long before you were under an deadline and if you failed to meet it, you wouldn't be upset because you knew you had ample time to do it. I'm not telling you how to play your games, I'm saying that complaining about not getting what you feel is adequate warning about being unable to get trophies you had years to obtain to me seems frivolous. You knew what you were getting into when you bought the game and now the time has come.

Most of the shutting games I do, I haven't bought them prior. I buy them as they announce it, so your point is a bit, err... not on point.

I would never leave a Warhawk in my backlog for 10 years, however, there are many interesting games in over 7000 games synced to the psn servers.

I'd like to play them as they come to be shutdown.

Ok, is 3 months too much for your average multi-billionaire company? What about the 30 days notice that Sony has failed to give?

Once again, i'll restate that: shutting down games is totally ok, everything has an end some day. However, give at LEAST 30 FUCKING DAYS, it won't hurt anybody. It won't hurt publisher, it won't hurt die hard fans of the MP, it won't hurt trophy hunters.

Don't defend a flawed Sony's model. Giving around 15 days for three of their games when others got more than 6 months.

It's totally disorganized and flawed, consistency is the key here. I hope they treat us better, but I know we're such a minority that nobody cares.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Some part of InFamous Second Son has been added:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

 

Twisted Metal - still 15th of Oct :/.

Does this mean we should expect more big-name PS4 games to have shutdowns in the near future? I know the InFamous shutdown isn't anything incredibly major but still.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Empovyle said:

Does this mean we should expect more big-name PS4 games to have shutdowns in the near future? I know the InFamous shutdown isn't anything incredibly major but still.

 

Who knows... Killzone:Shadow Fall? :/. But anyway, as mentioned, ISS is only some "small" part without actual impact on the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skadoki said:

Yeah, I don't really care about cross play, in fact I prefer having a single trophy set on my list :) . Unfortunately all discord links seem to be expired/invalid. 

Is your primary language French? The term "cross play" means to play with people that are on a different device from you, i.e. you on a Vita can play the same game with someone on say a PS3. It doesn't matter which version they're playing, you'll only get the list for the version you're playing. Cross play allows you access to a larger player pool as opposed to just playing with people on the same device as you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

 

Who knows... Killzone:Shadow Fall? :/. But anyway, as mentioned, ISS is only some "small" part without actual impact on the game.

 

Yeah, they're only shutting down a website. Even Twisted Metal had a website where you could create/upload custom skins which was closed years ago.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.