Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

56 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

So help me out here please... I have the digital version from when it was free on PS plus. Here are my questions:

1. Did that come with an online pass?

2. Can I play the MP on the digital version and then buy a used physical to do the glitch and finish up the rest of the single player trophies?

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

yes and yes, any digi game has the pass included.

Eh... On that second part, I believe you need a vehicle from completing single player on the hardest difficulty to 100% the multiplayer. They can't be completely separated, so what you're suggesting would be difficult, though not impossible. You wouldn't be able to take advantage of the glitch for making single player easy, from what I understand. Look further into this before taking it on.

For everyone wanting to boost Twisted metal without the online pass be warned!

You can still boost on digital since it include the online pass, but they arent different entities so you cannot play physical online with that version.

You need to finish the campaign with golds on twisted difficulty to get the last vehicle. You can try do it legit, but believe me that is damn hard, since this game is damn hard. With the IA glitch (that you can only do on physical) it will become really easy...

Now with the online pass gone you cannot do this glitch to get the warhog for online, since you will need the online pass to connect the physical version to online to unlock which is necesarry to potentially unlock it on digital!

Normally the warthog could carry over from physical to digital. So you could just boost digital, do the glitch on physical and unlock the warhog on digital and physical [after unlocking it in online on physical]

This is atleast my understanding from what @ZeroGi said to me :3

Edited by Bumperklever

41 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

Can't believe sony would extend the date and remove the pass. Unbelivable 

They randomly delist first-party games and DLC once they announce a shutdown. What can you expect from a company that deliberately hides transaction history entries older than 2 years, forcing you to beg for a complete dump via email? The same company that can't even fix a major problem with the PlayStation Store download queue despite it being reported 6 months before to this day? And i can continue until tomorrow.

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

So help me out here please... I have the digital version from when it was free on PS plus. Here are my questions:

1. Did that come with an online pass?

2. Can I play the MP on the digital version and then buy a used physical to do the glitch and finish up the rest of the single player trophies?

Thanks!

1. Yes

2. Not anymore. After you unlock Warthog by completing all story gold medals on twisted on the physical copy, you need to play one online game to “transfer” him to the digital version. You need the now-delisted online pass to do that. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So Warhawk will stay online untill Jan 31st? I might just do it than.

Not to discredit BlackMage__, but keep in mind that only he received the email. Other than that I can't find any proof anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm blind and didn't see Leenewbe's post.
Edit2: They also changed it on their official site, praise be! https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Edited by Letenko22

7 hours ago, black__bunny said:

PSA: I just opened a sealed copy of Twisted Metal and redeemed the online pass without issue. Unredeemed codes will still work even though its been removed from the store

It might not always work. Had some new copies, and the pass expired on it. Had a new sealed copy of Dirt Showdown and the VIP Online Pass was expired.

2 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

It might not always work. Had some new copies, and the pass expired on it. Had a new sealed copy of Dirt Showdown and the VIP Online Pass was expired.

Same for Darksiders II's Argul's Tomb (PS3). But this is exactly why it's good to know that Twisted Metal's online pass still works. Shame that it is really expensive when bought new though.

6 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I checked the slip with the code and I couldn’t find an expiry date so tried it and it worked. Worth a shot if people have an unopened copy as it seems like they might not expired. 

The bonus dlc in the case did have a exp date, just not the online pass 

Also, I had a sealed copy of showdown I opened this year and I could redeem the pass. Not sure why one code worked and yours didn’t. Maybe it’s depending on the store it’s being redeemed in

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zenkoto_ said:

Unfortunately, Final Fantasy XV's Comrades dlc and Comrades update are going to be discontinued December 12th since Comrades is getting a standalone release.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n35137/ffxvs-comrades-dlc-to-release-standalone-in-december-dlc-version-discontinued

Will the trophies still be tied to the FFXV trophy list? Back in the day, The Last of Us: Left Behind got a standalone release, but its trophies were still tied to the main game instead of having its own trophy list.

1 hour ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Will the trophies still be tied to the FFXV trophy list? Back in the day, The Last of Us: Left Behind got a standalone release, but its trophies were still tied to the main game instead of having its own trophy list.

That's the Million Dollar question as no-one knows but there's an annotated screenshot doing the rounds that apparently confirms the trophies will be unobtainable once the shutdown happens :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That's the million Dollar question, as no-one knows but there's an annotated screenshot doing the rounds that apparently confirms the trophies will be unobtainable once the shutdown happens :(.

This is so immensely god damn annoying. Every announcement we're getting for FFXV is awful

• Like 1