Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

40 minutes ago, GamingToups said:

Guess I know what I'll be playing for the next few weeks/months.  Luckily the game seems to use bots to fill lobbies with if not enough real people are around

Yeah, looks pretty easy. The only grind is that it's a minimum of 225 matches. 25 matches with each character. 

41 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I just looked this game up and it looks pretty cool. I wanted to buy/download it but I can't find it on the PlayStation store. Has it been delisted as well?

You should be able to find cheap copies anywhere.  Even brand new games are going for $20 US or less.

Also check your playstation library. It was a free ps plus game a while back. 

13 minutes ago, GamingToups said:

Looks like it may have (NA store).  Physical copies are cheap though

Thanks man, I just bought it new on Amazon for about $8 shipped.

50 minutes ago, Testosterone said:

Yeah, looks pretty easy. The only grind is that it's a minimum of 225 matches. 25 matches with each character. 

You should be able to find cheap copies anywhere.  Even brand new games are going for $20 US or less.

Also check your playstation library. It was a free ps plus game a while back. 

Oh wait. It was? I've been subscribed to PS Plus from the beginning. I might need to cancel my order lol.

Starblood Arena has only been out for like 2 years. Ultra Rare :platinum: though. Might need to boost with another person for a few trophies as they are almost impossible to do naturally. And yes, the game fills the online lobbies with bots so no need to worry about a dead online community.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up that some people can’t connect to the Uncharted 2 servers as of the last couple of days. A friend of mine on the UK side of things also just tried to get online on it with no luck but it seems to have stopped working after the most recent update 4.84.

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gaming-Network-Support/What-happened-to-Uncharted-2/m-p/25992340

Uncharted 3 seems to be fine based on recent achievers but I haven’t been able to personally check its status unlike U2.

9 minutes ago, DTOGaming said:

Just a heads up that some people can’t connect to the Uncharted 2 servers as of the last couple of days. A friend of mine on the UK side of things also just tried to get online on it with no luck but it seems to have stopped working after the most recent update 4.84.

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gaming-Network-Support/What-happened-to-Uncharted-2/m-p/25992340

Uncharted 3 seems to be fine based on recent achievers but I haven’t been able to personally check its status unlike U2.

The exact same thing happened a few years ago to Resistance 3 and Motorstorm: Apocalypse when the 4.66 Firmware was released but whereas Motorstorm was sort of fixed, Resistance 3 was killed off permanently :(.

The latest update has brought in more problems than it could ever solve. Looking at the amount of consoles semi-bricked by the install and the way my GUI is now more sluggish than ever before... Coupled with even worse friendslist problems than before it seems... Sony appears to be pretty adamant about killing off PS3 as quickly as possible :<

Who knows, the Uncharted 2 thing might just be a small problem that will get fixed. But if it is indeed victim of this new firmware, then this should be a wake up call to everyone that still has PS3 online stuff to finish!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Not going to help much in U3. Those treasure drops are random.You can use splitscreen for the competitive trophies though

With 4 x PS3 at home could be helpful for U2 and U3 ;).

33 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The exact same thing happened a few years ago to Resistance 3 and Motorstorm: Apocalypse when the 4.66 Firmware was released but whereas Motorstorm was sort of fixed, Resistance 3 was killed off permanently :(.

But R3 shutdown was at least announced:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-shuts-down-resistance-series-online-features-for-good-april-8/1100-6418790/

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Not going to help much in U3. Those treasure drops are random.You can use splitscreen for the competitive trophies though

Those fucking treasures. I'm doing the splittscreen thing since a while now and still have over 20 to collect :(

Any tips that might could help? Beside the chateau boosting method, I tried that, not working for me.

49 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Those fucking treasures. I'm doing the splittscreen thing since a while now and still have over 20 to collect :(

Any tips that might could help? Beside the chateau boosting method, I tried that, not working for me.

As sephiroth suggested, Hunter Arena may speed up the whole process. You need 2 consoles and 4 pads for Hunter Arena.

8 hours ago, Smashero said:

With 4 x PS3 at home could be helpful for U2 and U3 ;).

But R3 shutdown was at least announced:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-shuts-down-resistance-series-online-features-for-good-april-8/1100-6418790/

That's true but it would have been nice if Sony would have propped up the servers just a little longer so they could live to see the official closure date :(.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, BlackMage__ said:

I received Sony email

Dear valued PlayStation customer,

“We wanted to update you on a planned service shut down, which impacts online access for Warhawk, Twisted Metal, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, and Sound Shapes. This has now been extended to January 31, 2019 at 12:00 AM PT.

Following this shutdown, Warhawk will no longer be playable unless the PS3 system is set to LAN mode for local network play https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectwireless.html. For Twisted Metal and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, users can play the campaign offline as well as local (couch) multiplayer in split screen mode. For Sound Shapes, users will be able to play the campaign and all DLC purchases as well as create their own levels, however, users won’t be able to share their levels with the community or download community created levels.”

Off-topic, is that Danielle Bregoli on your trophy card in your sig?

On 19. 02. 2019. at 3:33 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

Hunter arena is your best bet. 20 to go? Then they should be dropping a lot in every mode you play. Also I did chateau method on different maps like Village and Lost City and it worked fine. Just group in one place and enemies will come,we didn't spawn camp like in Chateau.

Edited by blazkowicz6
  • Like 1