Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

think i might have to think about what can be done in driveclub. shutting down the online is not good at all. oh wait that's next year i'm safe but this is priority right now.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

the last earned platinum was the 24th for ps3 on the MLB the show 16. but this isn't recent enough as the shutdown may of happened or will happen soon.

only way to test is to try to earn the last trophy in the list for online requirement.

Edited by kingdrake2

The servers are still up for Madden NFL Arcade.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

So it looks like it will shut down on April 29, but they forgot to say ''NFL''. It's a very easy 100% with a booster, i got it done in about 2 hours or so. And i never played any of these games before. But they also delisted the game.  
Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 4

On 3/30/2019 at 3:11 AM, dj_helyx said:

Yeah, a years notice is weak. How dare they only give you 12 months!

You may have missed the part where the thing is getting delisted this August. A bloody first party title. First. Party. Delisted. Yes, that is super weak.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

You may have missed the part where the thing is getting delisted this August. A bloody first party title. First. Party. Delisted. Yes, that is super weak.

What else should they do? Keep selling a multiplayer game without its multiplayer working? Now that'd be weak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So it looks like it will shut down on April 29, but they forgot to say ''NFL''. It's a very easy 100% with a booster, i got it done in about 2 hours or so. And i never played any of these games before. But they also delisted the game.  

Has been added to the thread, thanks for confirming it's online

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!  :(

This is the most fun Madden ever created.

I still play it online with friends

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max654 said:

You should consider that ALL cars featured in Driveclub are licensed: Lamborghini, Nissan, Ferrari, McLaren and so on. Sony got the license for displaying manifacturers’ cars, but the license has probably expired and it wasn’t renewed, so Sony must stop selling Driveclub and all its DLC.

Microsoft has delisted Forza Horizon and its DLC, probably for the same exact reason.

Good point. Still no reason to shut down the servers though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Max654 said:

Publishers and companies have reasons to shut down servers as they want to, it’s in their rights. It costs money to maintain servers and it’s obvious that not many people was playing in the game’s servers before the shut down notice. They probably lost more money for servers maintenance than what they gained from sales.

This^

It sucks to high heaven that the DriveClub servers are closing and everything is getting delisted but if the games aren't selling anymore and no-one is playing online, then Sony are effectively flushing money down the drain by keeping the servers up so are well within their rights to turn them off. The Delisting, stings even more so than the server closure but if the licenses have expired then Sony likely has no choice but to remove them unless they want a huge fine in their inbox. I rarely give Sony any kudos and aren't a massive fan of them in general but I'm going to give them some kudos now, for afording us a 1 year heads up about the servers closing and a 5 month heads up on the delisting.

• Like 1

Also, as Colin Moriarty pointed out in this weeks Sacred Symbols podcast, you can still play the original Gears of War for Xbox 360 online. Clearly it can't be that much of an expense if Microsoft are willing to keep servers up for games that old.

Delisting the game for licensing issues is annoying, but understandable. I've learned that and now any licensed game I have an interest in, I buy the first time I see on sale but delisting a first party game for server expenses is not. We are paying for a service, that they keep devaluing and I think it is a reasonable expectation that we should be able to play any current generation first party game.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Also, as Colin Moriarty pointed out in this weeks Sacred Symbols podcast, you can still play the original Gears of War for Xbox 360 online. Clearly it can't be that much of an expense if Microsoft are willing to keep servers up for games that old.

Well, even the PS3 is full of very old third-party games with various degrees of still-functional online capabilities.