Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

17 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

how long would it take to finish the online Part from the last of us?

Its gonna be a while you have these like populations that you have to take care of and a set number of in-game weeks that go on and by the end of the set you have to have a certain number of survivors. If you don't you fail and have to start again i believe one match played equates to one in game week and i think there is 52 weeks? so 52 matches?. Don't quote me on it but that is roughly the gist of it meaning should be at least a good solid week or two of grinding if you have a job to work as well. 

But if you lose matches you lose survivors meaning you have to start again so you need to be on the winning team even if you are not the MVP of the game

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

or mercenaries 2 running. 

lol Mercenaries 2 i remember this glitchy mess of a game when i was boosting the online trophies back in 2016 wow so glad that was over when the last MP trophy popped haha, the shoot 200 boxes and x-amount of airstrikes were the worst since the counts were totally off.

36 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Don't create unnecessary panic. There are still old as fuck games like far cry 2 or mercenaries 2 running. 

You should definitely be worried about Sony games though. Like God of War Ascension, Infamous 2 or the ratchet and clank games. Those will be the next ones to bite the dust

The Last of Us and Gow ascension both released in 2013. Imo its weird that the former getting server closure. How many people even play Gow online? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Don't create unnecessary panic. There are still old as fuck games like far cry 2 or mercenaries 2 running. 

You should definitely be worried about Sony games though. Like God of War Ascension, Infamous 2 or the ratchet and clank games. Those will be the next ones to bite the dust

People don't need to panic, but atleast focus on getting their games done..I don't see anymore love for ps3 from 2020. With ps5 coming out, and pretty much every ps3 online game dead except for boosters, why would they keep supporting ps3?

1 hour ago, Ghanupher said:

Sad thing is that the online passes for Uncharted 3/The Last of Us aren't part of the now-free stuff...

Are they still required? Anyway there shouldn't be problems if you own the digital versions.

Or maybe... they're now listed under "Services List" instead of being actual downloadable items. Please check after getting the DLC bundles.

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Are they still required? Anyway there shouldn't be problems if you own the digital versions.

Or maybe... they're now listed under "Services List" instead of being actual downloadable items. Please check after getting the DLC bundles.

I don't know for sure. Was browsing the PS Store from my cellphone, and The Last of Us Online Pass was listed as "Online Pass" and costs USD 9,99.

On 06/06/2019 at 10:50 PM, Lance_87 said:

They are, I have a physical and tried hopping online- it still asks for it and yet it appears to be delisted in the Aussie store... might have to get myself a digital version, ugh.

18 hours ago, darkalphar said:

Do any of the now free DLCs affect trophies in any way other than adding the said trophies (I.e. better weapons, exp boosters, etc)? Or are they just cosmetics?

Yes, besides cosmetics you will get better weapons for competitive modes as well as the possibility of unlocking kickbacks straight away apparently. Basically, these DLCs cover every aspect of the game. You can literally unlock everything without having to level up (I guess).

Edited by Paul_Drive
Updated info

1 hour ago, Paul_Drive said:

Yes, besides cosmetics you will get better weapons for competitive modes as well as the possibility of unlocking kickbacks straight away apparently. Basically, these DLCs cover every aspect of the game. You can literally unlock everything without having to level up (I guess).

You still need to level up to be able to purchase boosters/kickbacks. I downloaded every single item (all 400+) and honestly it was almost entirely cosmetics. You get a few additional weapons, and a cash bonus (100,000) + a cash multiplier and that’s about it. To be clear, this is for Uncharted 3.

Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vergil said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I guess Hong Kong is probably going down too.

Also, it seems to be only playable with the respective region account (probably the subscription can't be redeemed in another account, like a PS service)

On 6/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, EdinhoN said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I guess Hong Kong is probably going down too.

Also, it seems to be only playable with the respective region account (probably the subscription can't be redeemed in another account, like a PS service)

its the 26th for mhfz asia

On 6/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, WorldsBestSpy said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1136287077631483905

This is it. This is the big one everyone kept saying was gonna happen. Its here. Yay.

September 3, 2019. 

I'm really shocked.. wow it's happening.. Hmm I might try to help some of my friends but working almost 6 days is impossible.. I might try on Sunday maybe.. gotta find my uncharted 2 and 3 disc in one of the boxes stored in my closet though.. eep

Good luck to all.. 

I also need to finish raccoon city story mode getting SS rank and professional mode.. 

Edited by Silently

Im sorry if this was already asked here or elsewhere but with all the shutdowns occurring and the more to come

My concern is

in the possible future, will Sony make even just trying to sign into PSN on older gen consoles obsolete 

say you hammered out a bunch of trophies on your ps3 or your vita but you cant even sync them to the server, thats a possible day i fear

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Im sorry if this was already asked here or elsewhere but with all the shutdowns occurring and the more to come

My concern is

in the possible future, will Sony make even just trying to sign into PSN on older gen consoles obsolete 

say you hammered out a bunch of trophies on your ps3 or your vita but you cant even sync them to the server, thats a possible day i fear

There's no definitive answer, only time will tell.

The only relevant information is that  the PSP still connects to the PSN even being totally outdated (it's not even compatible with some already quite old WiFi patterns and password encryptions), Sony hasn't bothered to cut its connections with the PS Store yet.

The PS3 and Vita have a much healthier community and online functionalities, we can hope that they are logically staying for quite many years to come.

In the other hand, we can expect dedicated servers to be shut (Sony's games are almost all dead)

• Like 4