Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Just a quick heads up the trophy "Job done" in Medal of Honor: Warfighter has been unobtainable for almost a month now. If any of you care enough to try and make EA fix it, here's a thread on their forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Combat-Mission-servers-missing/m-p/8518890 What would help the most is clicking the "Me too" button + giving the post XP and replying. 

The reason I'm posting here is the literal servers for the gamemode were shutdown without any warning, while the game still has other servers available. Full details and info can also be found in the MoH: Warfighter board here on PSNP, or you can message me on PSN as well, I can add you to our group we have.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Just a quick heads up the trophy "Job done" in Medal of Honor: Warfighter has been unobtainable for almost a month now. If any of you care enough to try and make EA fix it, here's a thread on their forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Combat-Mission-servers-missing/m-p/8518890 What would help the most is clicking the "Me too" button + giving the post XP and replying. 

The reason I'm posting here is the literal servers for the gamemode were shutdown without any warning, while the game still has other servers available. Full details and info can also be found in the MoH: Warfighter board here on PSNP, or you can message me on PSN as well, I can add you to our group we have.

I'll add it to the other thread, thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 4:20 PM, EdinhoN said:

PS4/PSV/JP - Grand Kingdom - 1st of October, 2019 [As of 6th of November still online - it's safe to assume only WW version was shutdown]

You mean "it's safe to assume only JP version was shut down, not WW (worldwide)"?

EDIT: Just let me know, is the JP version shut down or the worldwide (except JP) one shutdown?

If the former is the case then it should be labelled as:

PS4/PSV/WW - Grand Kingdom - 1st of October, 2019 [As of 6th of November the JP version is still online, the WW version has been shutdown]

Sorry to come off as "pedantic" here, I just don't understand whether the JP or WW version is down..

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

You mean "it's safe to assume only JP version was shut down, not WW (worldwide)"?

EDIT: Just let me know, is the JP version shut down or the worldwide (except JP) one shutdown?

If the former is the case then it should be labelled as:

PS4/PSV/WW - Grand Kingdom - 1st of October, 2019 [As of 6th of November the JP version is still online, the WW version has been shutdown]

Sorry to come off as "pedantic" here, I just don't understand whether the JP or WW version is down..

Not pedantic at all, it is useful to clear things up. I have edited the statement, do you think it is ok now? I originally meant that there was no shutdown planned for the JP version

• Like 1

Shiren The Wanderer

Thank you for playing Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate on the PlayStation®Vita system since its release on July 26th, 2016.

Unfortunately, the North American and European online services for this game, specifically the Multiplayer, Wanderer Aid/Rescue, and Ranking systems, are shutting down at the end of December 2019.

Please continue to enjoy the adventure in its entirety offline.

From Aksys Games newsletter.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Shiren The Wanderer

From Aksys Games newsletter.

Well, .org guide says there are no online trophies as 2 can be obtained offline, however "First Responder" seems to be online-only even though they decided somehow to not count it as online in the guide (?)

20 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Well, .org guide says there are no online trophies as 2 can be obtained offline, however "First Responder" seems to be online-only even though they decided somehow to not count it as online in the guide (?)

It's not online-only according to that guide.

"This would be an online-only trophy, but you can actually pull off this trophy by saving yourself with a separate save file."

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's not online-only according to that guide.

"This would be an online-only trophy, but you can actually pull off this trophy by saving yourself with a separate save file."

Yup, but it seems poorly written. From reading the trophy guide entry for this trophy I totally think it's dependant from the game servers to receive the "rescue mission" from you separate save file. I have tried messaging the author, however he hasn't been active in the last 2 weeks, so I dunno if we he can clear things up.

Intuitively, I think it will be totally unobtainable after the shutdown

26 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Yup, but it seems poorly written. From reading the trophy guide entry for this trophy I totally think it's dependant from the game servers to receive the "rescue mission" from you separate save file. I have tried messaging the author, however he hasn't been active in the last 2 weeks, so I dunno if we he can clear things up.

Intuitively, I think it will be totally unobtainable after the shutdown

Wait, isn't the "separate save file" method offline?

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, isn't the "separate save file" method offline?

I interpreted the rescue mechanic as being online. You just load the separate save file to set up a rescuable other character.

That's pure guessing and can be interpreted both ways, someone with the game will have to clear things up.

16 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I interpreted the rescue mechanic as being online. You just load the separate save file to set up a rescuable other character.

That's pure guessing and can be interpreted both ways, someone with the game will have to clear things up.

That's the feeling I got as well. It's one of those online trophies that you can always do solo so it's marked as "offline" in the guide. I have no idea what the other supposed online trophy is in the game and I've been going through the guide a few times now.

15 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

That's the feeling I got as well. It's one of those online trophies that you can always do solo so it's marked as "offline" in the guide. I have no idea what the other supposed online trophy is in the game and I've been going through the guide a few times now.

The other trophy is about co-op dungeons but it's only an alternative/quicker way to obtain something that could also be obtained offline.

The save game method for rescue uses offline codes.

"Regarding the above strategy, we have an offline (longform) rescue code"

That's from another part of that guide that has nothing to do with ithat trophy. But it's about the same thing: that code.

The game is safe but it's already tedious by itself anyway.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

The other trophy is about co-op dungeons but it's only an alternative/quicker way to obtain something that could also be obtained offline 

Yeah I thought so too but it kind of makes no sense as the multiplayer mode is adhoc only, and thus not even online. But yeah, I've gone through the guide a few times now and the only actual online trophy seems to be the rescue one, as I strongly suspect it goes through a server for communicating the request.

11 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Yeah I thought so too but it kind of makes no sense as the multiplayer mode is adhoc only, and thus not even online. But yeah, I've gone through the guide a few times now and the only actual online trophy seems to be the rescue one, as I strongly suspect it goes through a server for communicating the request.

I'm pretty sure it goes through a server: many people on the game threads and on the trophy guide have asked for help with the rescue.

I doubt the game can read the other save file to generate an offline rescue: you're simply doing it online with yourself.

EDIT:

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Ok, I guess this clears things up and the trophy will probably remain achievable after the shutdown. So I won't even bother adding this game to the list as it's pointless for someone to rush before the shutdown: 1- the rescue can indeed be done by yourself after the shutdown and 2 - there's no online coop for the other trophy, has to be done in ad-hoc or farming tons by yourself

Edited by EdinhoN

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I'm pretty sure it goes through a server: many people on the game threads and on the trophy guide have asked for help with the rescue.

I doubt the game can read the other save file to generate an offline rescue: you're simply doing it online with yourself.

There's actually a post in that gamefaqs thread posted by @Lance_87 above where someone says:

"The games asks you what method you want to use to get rescues, either Ad-hoc mode, via internet or Password iirc"

If it's actually doable via adhoc, it might not be online. Will have to look into this further. Probably going to start the game soonish to get this trophy done as I've been wanting to grind through the game at some point anyway.

EDIT: Reading a bit more about rescue passwords, I'm getting the feeling it might not even be an online-required system because it also works via the code system that acts more like a RNG seed input mechanic, ie. one player does a dungeon and dies and they get the code, which then lets another person get the exact same dungeon with the player to rescue in it. There's also an online version of the system, which goes through the server, which is being shut down, but I have a feeling the trophy could even be 100% offline.

Edited by IDiivil

Don't know if anyone's posted but just received and email from Akyss Games saying the servers for Shiren The Wanderer will be closed at the end of December 2019 which gives us less than 2 weeks to enjoy the multiplayer. Don't know if this affects the Platinum so prepare in advance. Tried posting a screenshot of my email but I don't know how to add images directly from my folders. 

9 minutes ago, AsXceofallTrades said:

Don't know if anyone's posted but just received and email from Akyss Games saying the servers for Shiren The Wanderer will be closed at the end of December 2019 which gives us less than 2 weeks to enjoy the multiplayer. Don't know if this affects the Platinum so prepare in advance. Tried posting a screenshot of my email but I don't know how to add images directly from my folders. 

?‍♂️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

There's actually a post in that gamefaqs thread posted by @Lance_87 above where someone says:

"The games asks you what method you want to use to get rescues, either Ad-hoc mode, via internet or Password iirc"

If it's actually doable via adhoc, it might not be online. Will have to look into this further. Probably going to start the game soonish to get this trophy done as I've been wanting to grind through the game at some point anyway.

EDIT: Reading a bit more about rescue passwords, I'm getting the feeling it might not even be an online-required system because it also works via the code system that acts more like a RNG seed input mechanic, ie. one player does a dungeon and dies and they get the code, which then lets another person get the exact same dungeon with the player to rescue in it. There's also an online version of the system, which goes through the server, which is being shut down, but I have a feeling the trophy could even be 100% offline.

Great, I'm inclined to say it's totally safe too, so I won't bother buying the game (it's on sale now on NA) and playing it. But in case you start and find it to be online necessary, let us know

45 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

It's gonna be a impossible plat before the end of December though. You either have to be insane like a robot machine to finish this game up before that date.

Well, I'm not worried about the Plat itself so much as these semi co-op trophies. I'm still interested in the game either way. I doubt I'll be committed (or good) enough to Plat it.

Anyway, I don't wanna go too OT, but I hope the info that's been added is accurate. If not, well, sucks to be me. But meh, what's one more unobtainable.