Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

2 hours ago, gauzy-pants3 said:

Hello everyone

I did some research about Activision's page with the list of diminished or discontinued services, and with the resource of wayback machine I could see how was the list before the last update, and now we all can see: https://web.archive.org/web/20200123200614/https://support.activision.com/articles/legacy-activision-games that the wolfenstein that is still online until today was there before they put the HERO games and GOLDEN EYE on the last update wich was 02/12/20 and they immediately get shutdown, this meens that there is nothing regular and not even a pattern that we can follow about what is going to happen with the games in that list, and even this page does not clarify what games have diminished servers and what others have discontinued services, plus they don't advise when they shutdown their games nowhere and they just put a list of games in this page that nobody saw before and nobody knows exactly whats going to happen with them. This page is so horrible that the GUITAR HERO SMASH HITS that has the online completely broken for years making it impossible to play online and doesn't even appear in this list.

We already know about some games with trophy problems or online being shudown but with dedicated players pressing the company they have been restored, like: Splinter Cell Blacklist when the daily/weekly challenges stop working and Ubisoft didn't want to put them back but some very dedicated fans never gave up and continued to put pressure on Ubisoft and finally it was fixed and Medal of Honor Warfighter when it was impossible to start a combat mission and some people thought that EA was closing the servers but the players reported this and pressed EA until it was fixed.

If Activision wants to close the online servers of their old games that no longer have many players to focus on the new ones, that's fine, but the fact that Activision did a MASSIVE SHUTDOWN without a warning just shows how unprofessional and anti-consumer it is by activision and how they treat their consumers like garbage.

So I hope that the community put pressure on activision in every possible way, like: their social media, their forums or complain at BBB so that they bring the online servers of these games back because what they did is unacceptable.

Couldn't agree more. Message them repeatedly for the last few weeks since 007 Legends went down on twitter and facebook got ignored on both fronts. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, gauzy-pants3 said:

This meens that there is nothing regular and not even a pattern that we can follow about what is going to happen with the games in that list, and even this page does not clarify what games have diminished servers and what others have discontinued services, plus they don't advise when they shutdown their games nowhere and they just put a list of games in this page that nobody saw before and nobody knows exactly whats going to happen with them. 

On 21.2.2020 at 10:41 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Again: That List only means that games won't receive any updates / fixes anymore. It doesn't necessarily mean that the servers are shut down.

?‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

I think they have to be approved or something but I could be wrong 

Probably.. 

But in the case of argument.. since gonespy is allowed there is no point in banning other private servers.

The only argument against this is if the private server allows cheating or auto-popping. And if the Playstation needs to be modified for it to run.. 

18 hours ago, cris3f said:

Don't delude yourselves that Activision will fix anything related to trophies or servers for PS3 games. Or even PS4 ones. The core market of them (and EA or Ubisoft) is casual gamers who won't give a damn about the game a year later. They know that the cost of keeping these things running or solving problems isn't worth it, and yes it's all about money. The backlash they get is minimal so they don't care. And even worse in the case of games developed by studios that they closed or were outsourced and are no longer under contract to do anything. I doubt a lot they even have anyone looking at their PS3 servers, they could even die they could not care less or even notice (Geometry Wars PS3 server is one of them).

Contacting support of these companies is a UTTERLY COMPLETE waste of time. It's outsourced to India or Pakistan, do you think that these underpaid and powerless people will or can solve anything?

This is exactly what I said earlier.

Activision couldn't care less about Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. That game is old and I figure most of the people playing are either trophy hunters, or people who glitched/hacked the game. Call of Duty: World at War has hacked servers, and you're basically flagged if you so much as go on there and illegitimately earn trophies.

I'm playing Driveclub, a game made by a studio that no longer exists. But what I find just as bad is when a company like TellTale Games goes under, and the games eventually go delisted. Quite frankly, nobody really gives a shit about Jurassic Park or Sam & Max. Walking Dead is the only TellTale product that has seen any real interest and activity from people over the years.

I see you're doing Driveclub around the same time as me @cris3f. Outside of the trophy hunting community, I don't think anybody really cares about Driveclub anymore unless they are big racing fans and/or car enthusiasts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I'm playing Driveclub, a game made by a studio that no longer exists. But what I find just as bad is when a company like TellTale Games goes under, and the games eventually go delisted. Quite frankly, nobody really gives a shit about Jurassic Park or Sam & Max. Walking Dead is the only TellTale product that has seen any real interest and activity from people over the years.

I see you're doing Driveclub around the same time as me @cris3f. Outside of the trophy hunting community, I don't think anybody really cares about Driveclub anymore unless they are big racing fans and/or car enthusiasts.

I can understand why they're closing Drive Club. If the game is maintaining all the info you see in Face Offs and surely all the clubs info is kept, this should be already a huge amount of data. My bet is that the server for that is gathering dust somewhere and probably storage space was getting low. Since studio was closed long ago there should be no one that can handle any basic situation, they most probably can't do nothing with it. Solution ? Close it.

It's just stupid that the game will lose 90% of its fun without servers. Why wasn't this thought baffles me. At least they don't sell it,which is better than the other games they keep selling while having the servers closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

This is exactly what I said earlier.

Activision couldn't care less about Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. That game is old and I figure most of the people playing are either trophy hunters, or people who glitched/hacked the game. Call of Duty: World at War has hacked servers, and you're basically flagged if you so much as go on there and illegitimately earn trophies.

Driveclub is awesome! It was advertised as being multiplayer-oriented but it has a lot of offline content. I'm currently doing all those expansions, they're frustrating sometimes but not impossible.

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

The people moaning would've still done nothing if the servers were online for another 10 years... And still moaned when they went offline. You had many years to get the trophies, only yourself to blame, I've done the same left it to late now i can't plat some, oh well move along 1000s of other games to play. 

why did people heart this (also look who's moaning lol)

2 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Why are people talking about Activision Blizzard like this is a big surprise? Did you all already forget how a year ago they fired 800 employees after having their best fiscal year ever? While their CEO took a giant bonus.

but not this

y'all whack lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

People aren't complaining that the games are closing. People are complaining about the lack of common decency of giving a 30 days announcement to signal the closure, especially from a corporate giant. Even indie games that did poorly like Deformers got months of notice. There's a difference between moaning about closure and moaning about no notice.

I wish I could heart this twice lol

Since I began trophy hunting it's always the same flawed reasoning:

"Hur dur you had 4.47 billion years to watch Uranium-238 decay, why didn't you do it in time?"

We just wish to have decent warning.

They left the servers opened for 10 years, why not leaving it open for only like 5 years tops but giving 3 to 6 months prior notice?

They save money, casual gamers will have already moved to another game/generation and trophy hunters still have their chance to complete the game.

Fortunately few companies act as lame as Activision did, they usually give decent shutdowns, even mother of all shutdown killers: Sony

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

People aren't complaining that the games are closing. People are complaining about the lack of common decency of giving a 30 days announcement to signal the closure, especially from a corporate giant. Even indie games that did poorly like Deformers got months of notice. There's a difference between moaning about closure and moaning about no notice.

I wish I could heart this twice lol

Since I began trophy hunting it's always the same flawed reasoning:

"Hur dur you had 4.47 billion years to watch Uranium-238 decay, why didn't you do it in time?"

We just wish to have decent warning.

They left the servers opened for 10 years, why not leaving it open for only like 5 years tops but giving 3 to 6 months prior notice?

They save money, casual gamers will have already moved to another game/generation and trophy hunters still have their chance to complete the game.

Fortunately few companies act as lame as Activision did, they usually give decent shutdowns, even mother of all shutdown killers: Sony

• Like 3

Ok ok ok whoever is complains whether about servers shutdown or warning prior the shutdown most of them ain't care about it for a bunch of reasons & one of the main reason is money, even if you complain or say bad things, good things or even accuse them in a court or presidential level, they ain't care. They will say developers made a game, I published it, you bought it & I have a right to shut it down anytime cuz there is no benefit & no players base. It's a business & if I keep it running or give you a notice of shutdown, it's because of respect fans & reputation. it's only about business & money.  

9 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

There is more to business than money. There is also reputation, although they have "the right" to shutdown without notice, the players who supported and are loyal consumers will remember that. Reputation is important for companies and although it costs money to keep up a server, a notice they are planning to close the servers is a gesture of good will to its fanbase and consumers that have invested time and money for thier game.

Totally agree & it's sad thing for real but it's the truth. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

This is exactly why buisnesses that are just in it for the money are so well known that if I asked think of 3 companies that are well known for using consumers for money and less about the passion of gaming and buisness practices. We are probably all thinking about 3 similar horrible buisnesses (of which many even protest to this day) #FuckKonami

Yeah they got in political issues " discrimination of new "clean" rule " they could withdrawn themselves from the first place. Oh ( these ppl love drama killing me " 

• Like 1