Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

5 minutes ago, PL_Tomasz_G said:

The Servers from Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (can confirm)and Transformers Fall of Cybertron (only PS4 Version cant confirm) shut down there service.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/04/08/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-fall-of-cybertron-video-games-multiplayer-servers-discontinued-409716

wasnt this with the big list of games they shit canned not too long ago? on a side not i need to get rotds done as its the only mp transformers game in my bl now

48 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

wasnt this with the big list of games they shit canned not too long ago? on a side not i need to get rotds done as its the only mp transformers game in my bl now

Yes but some of those games still had their online functionality running, at varying degrees of stability.
This is a status update to confirm that those games are finally confirmed shutdown.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

People: ¿Can anyone confirm for sure if the servers for the 2009 version of Wolfenstein are finally dead? Tried to connect for searching some games in MP and the "Login failed" message appeared to me. Plus, when i tried to find a match in "quick match, my PS3 froze on me TWICE.

They are 100% dead and buried and have been for nearly a fortnight now.

• Like 1

Hello. It's been a very long time since I last visited this site.

I've read on previous posts that 2 Transformers games are shut down for the PS3 ( Fall if Cybertron and Revenge if the Fallen). Does War for Cybertron also fall into the server being shutdown?

I've read on previous posts that 2 Transformers games are shut down for the PS3 ( Fall if Cybertron and Revenge if the Fallen). Does War for Cybertron also fall into the server being shutdown?

7 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

War for Cybertron is still up, as is the PS3 version of Fall of Cybertron but I believe both games are Peer-to-Peer on the PS3 so can't be shutdown. There's no word yet on Rise of the Dark Spark but that could well be next on the chopping block.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

War for Cybertron is still up, as is the PS3 version of Fall of Cybertron. I believe both games are Peer-to-Peer on the PS3 so can't be shutdown. There's no word yet on Rise of the Dark Spark but that could well be next on the chopping block.

It was definitely peer to peer.

I was a top player several years ago in it, alot of hackers/glitchers abused the peer to peer by getting host so they couldn't get kicked from matches while they cheated leaderboards.

The only thing I can't confirm though is if stat progression or tracking is server based. I do know the peer to peer sucks. Whoever gets host you better hope they can handle holding the match if they dip the game usually crashes because the host migration is pretty crappy.

The custom service from Sony also said that Uncharted Fight For Fortune was peer to peer. But that stuff just doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't trust the peer to peer thing. This does not always mean they will be like Evolve for example or like Call Of Juarez that they stay on and work forever.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 3

06lqyt4i.jpg

Looks like Transformers War For Cybertron, Fall Of Cybertron, Rise Of The Dark Spark has been shut down on the PS3. The MP showing a error for these titles. I don't know if Rise Of The Dark Spark on PS4 still works. Also i don't know if they are coming back.

Also both Nascar games (Inside Line and Nascar 2011 still works, same for Apache Air Assault, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 stacks, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Singularity, Turtles Manhattan stacks, and Blur, Blood Drive as of now).

Edited by TazDevilz1986
Added Singularity and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Blood Drive.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

06lqyt4i.jpg

Looks like Transformers War For Cybertron, Fall Of Cybertron, Rise Of The Dark Spark has been shut down on the PS3. The MP showing a error for these titles. I don't know if Rise Of The Dark Spark on PS4 still works. Also i don't know if they are coming back.

Also both Nascar games (Inside Line and Nascar 2011 still works, same for Apache Air Assault, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 stacks, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Singularity, Turtles Manhattan stacks, and Blur, Blood Drive as of now).

It's official, Activision strikes again and closes a load of games then retroactively updates the server closure list :(: https://support.activision.com/articles/legacy-activision-games

All of the Transformers games are officially toast :( . I would now consider all of Activision's PS3 and early PS4 games with online trophies, to be ticking time bombs that could go off at anytime :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

WFC literally went down within the past day. A friend of mine was boosting it yesterday on Xbox and he confirmed it's down now.

As for the Activision published list, I can get a list of all published Activision games for you tomorrow but it's unlikely to be organized in a way that you can utilize for online trophies. I could extrapolate from there but it'll take some time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

WFC literally went down within the past day. A friend of mine was boosting it yesterday on Xbox and he confirmed it's down now.

As for the Activision published list, I can get a list of all published Activision games for you tomorrow but it's unlikely to be organized in a way that you can utilize for online trophies. I could extrapolate from there but it'll take some time.

What's WFC? EDIT: I get you now, it's War for Cybertron.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

That's more than fine.

A complete list would be great, from there everyone can check what game they own and if it has online trophies.

• Like 1