Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

One thing to note about Destiny 2 is that Activision no longer has publishing rights over it, Bungie acquired those recently.

• According to wikipedia page: "The game was published by Activision until December 31 2018 [3], when Bungie acquired the publishing rights to the franchise."
  • Original source: "In 2010, Activision entered into an exclusive relationship with Bungie, Inc. (“Bungie”) to publish games in the Destiny franchise. Effective December 31, 2018, Activision and Bungie mutually agreed to terminate their publishing relationship related to the Destiny franchise. As part of this termination, Activision agreed to transfer its publishing rights for the Destiny franchise to Bungie in exchange for cash and Bungie’s assumption of on-going customer obligations of Activision. Activision no longer has any material rights or obligations related to the Destiny franchise."

I'm guessing that means that 2-3 years from now when Destiny 2 starts approaching the end of its lifecycle (speculative) we won't have to be worried about Activision slamming the door in trophy hunters and latecomers face?

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

12 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

One thing to note about Destiny 2 is that Activision no longer has publishing rights over it, Bungie acquired those recently.

• According to wikipedia page: "The game was published by Activision until December 31 2018 [3], when Bungie acquired the publishing rights to the franchise."
  • Original source: "In 2010, Activision entered into an exclusive relationship with Bungie, Inc. (“Bungie”) to publish games in the Destiny franchise. Effective December 31, 2018, Activision and Bungie mutually agreed to terminate their publishing relationship related to the Destiny franchise. As part of this termination, Activision agreed to transfer its publishing rights for the Destiny franchise to Bungie in exchange for cash and Bungie’s assumption of on-going customer obligations of Activision. Activision no longer has any material rights or obligations related to the Destiny franchise."

I'm guessing that means that 2-3 years from now when Destiny 2 starts approaching the end of its lifecycle (speculative) we won't have to be worried about Activision slamming the door in trophy hunters and latecomers face?

What about the first game though? I can't imagine that many people still play it on PS4, let alone the inferior PS3 release.

7 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

List of Activision published titles with active online-only (incl. multiplayer) trophies

PS4

Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Destiny

Destiny 2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

PS3
007: Blood Stone

Apache: Air Assault

Band Hero

Blood Drive

Blur

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: WWII

Chaotic: Shadow Warriors

Guitar Hero 5

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

NASCAR The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line

Quantum of Solace

Singularity

Skylanders SWAP Force

Skylanders SWAP Force EU

Skylanders SWAP Force PS

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Wolfenstein

Great, thanks for compiling this list.
I have some suggestions for how it can be formatted, so use the above quote as an example only.
I'm pretty sure I got categorization wrong, so beware the PS3/PS4 categorization is largely incorrect in my edit.

This list needs its own forum thread, somewhere where we can track Activision online games.

So anyone that feels up for the task to maintain that forum thread, feel free to make one called something like "Activision online games".
Then everyone can keep a close eye on that one to make sure to get Activision games out of the way asap.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What about the first game though? I can't imagine that many people still play it on PS4, let alone the inferior PS3 release.

If you read a bit in the document you'll see that all "Destiny" publishing rights were transferred, not just Destiny 2.
So also Destiny 1 is now under Bungie's "control". At least that's what I gather.

From Destiny 1 wikipedia page: "Destiny is an online-only multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed by Bungie and previously published by Activision. Destiny is now self-published by Bungie after separating from Activision in 2019.[3]"

And from this Bungie article/blog post: "Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects."

Again, what does this mean for game servers? Are they still hosted on old infrastructure or no?
I don't have answers to this as I don't work in the game industry and don't have insights. It's possible the old supplier is still hosting the game servers that was once set up by Activision, someone more informed should share their thoughts on this so that there's not too much speculation.
But I would assume that since Activision has no longer any stake in the Destiny franchise, that they also have yielded their control over the game servers.
I believe (emphasize believe) that some companies outsource hosting game servers, so either this is still the case since the publish rights transfer, or Destiny has successfully migrated game servers after the publish transfer. Again, just speculation.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

16 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Here's the list of Activision published titles with active Online-only trophies. If the servers are no longer up, just let me know and I'll get the information updated:

007: Blood Stone

Apache: Air Assault

Band Hero

Blood Drive

Blur

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS3

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: WWII

Chaotic: Shadow Warriors

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare PS3

Destiny

Destiny 2

Guitar Hero 5

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

NASCAR The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line

Quantum of Solace

Singularity

Skylanders SWAP Force

Skylanders SWAP Force EU

Skylanders SWAP Force PS

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan PS3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 PS3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark PS3

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Wolfenstein

EDIT: I've read about the Transformers titles, Wolfenstein (potentially), and GH titles (potentially) having servers shut off. There's some stuff I need to verify in this list still and get the information updated, but the list should work for now.

Wait... So Call of Duty Ghosts are down or what? Can anyone confirm it?

20 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Wait... So Call of Duty Ghosts are down or what? Can anyone confirm it?

Not every game on the list has its servers closed. Recently they shutdown quite a few without any notification. Call of Duty games were not among them.

• Like 1

Blur is still very much alive and playable, also very easy to do, I did everything in 21 hours and I had to boost for like 30 minutes to get one challenge and 2 trophies, so don't leave the game and do it now! 

Also, In Space We Brawl is on sale now in US region, it was supposed to be delisted in march? 

• Like 4

@EdinhoN
The game servers for the online F2P basketball game "3on3 Freestyle" (Chinese version only) has been shutdown 2020.03.25 (a month ago).

Source: http://fs.mytvgame.com/fs/news/nots/20200221/56856.html

More info/discussion in the 3on3 Freestyle forums thread: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/87798-where-do-i-download-the-chinese-cn-version/?do=findComment&comment=2036100

(Speculative)
Similar to how Knights of Valour was first shut down in HK, followed by EU/NA a year later,
this game might be at risk having its license expire followed by a shutdown announcement 1-2 years from now:

• PS4/CN - Knights of Valour - 17th of June, 2019
          --->
    • PS4/NA - Knights Of Valour - 6th of July, 2020 (Servers are locked to your account region, can't play stacks)

• PS4/EU - Knights Of Valour - 6th of July, 2020 (Servers are locked to your account region, can't play stacks)

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 3

I don't know if this is the right place. Laser Leagues server are not working good anymore. You get stuck in Joining match screen and multiple friends have the same problem + after one hour I was still stuck in that joining scree. Maybe the servers are silently shut down

PS. The error occurred for nearly 4 days now

Edited by REAPER4536

1 hour ago, REAPER4536 said:

I don't know if this is the right place. Laser Leagues server are not working good anymore. You get stuck in Joining match screen and multiple friends have the same problem + after one hour I was still stuck in that joining scree. Maybe the servers are silently shut down

PS. The error occurred for nearly 4 days now

Hey @REAPER4536 ?
I already added it here after we tried connecting to online matches:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/79964-list-of-potentially-problematicerratic-servers-and-online-features/?page=3#comment-2036208

6 hours ago, samuel_hsc said:

I'm kind of late here, but does it affect trophies? Wich ones?

I'm not sure which ones but I've since heard that it's not trophy related, though I can't 100% sure since I don't own this game so would love a definitive confirmation either way of if the Plat really has gone unobtainable or if GameSpot are just talking out of their backsides about the extent of the problems.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, samuel_hsc said:

I'm kind of late here, but does it affect trophies? Wich ones?

No it doesn't affect the trophies, you can still get everything from MyCAREER and MyTEAM. The Gamespot article talks about MyLEAGUE.

Edited by SkepticW_
  • Like 1

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones is impossible to 100% at the moment. The servers are down. I got confirmation from the publisher today. The Connaisseur Trophy is affected and unobtainable now.

Perhaps it helps to respond, retweet and like this tweet and my reply with the suggestion underneath it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones is impossible to 100% at the moment. The servers are down. I got confirmation from the publisher today. The Connaisseur Trophy is affected and unobtainable now.

For fucks sake, really? I bought the game a few months ago, why the fuck would they implement such a trophy in a game like this? -.- I really hope they will patch this up...

• Like 2

On 05/05/2017 at 3:30 PM, Greenshyguy said:

Good idea. I'm sure we're all guilty of putting aside a game because of online trophies with the intention of returning to it some day ... and then realising the servers are closed/closing :P 

I can relate.

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HaserPL said:

For fucks sake, really? I bought the game a few months ago, why the fuck would they implement such a trophy in a game like this? -.- I really hope they will patch this up...

I'm very glad I skipped starting this game about a couple months ago when I bought the ultimate pack so I could do the DLC trophies for Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark, dodge a real bullet there.

• Like 3