Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, EqualityEarth said:

Wow. Had no idea this was a thing. If only this was standard practice; this thread wouldn’t even exist. SJWs have a chance at redemption, to make a positive influence in the world by complaining that shutdowns/delistings discriminate against younger/newer players.

?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EqualityEarth said:

Wow. Had no idea this was a thing. If only this was standard practice; this thread wouldn’t even exist. SJWs have a chance at redemption, to make a positive influence in the world by complaining that shutdowns/delistings discriminate against younger/newer players.

Lol, I'm totally favorable to more trophy hunter representation in videogames.

I guess there's no need to add this Destiny 2 date to the list because it's not the first time changes are happening (IIRC, even Destiny 1 passed multiple times through the same and no trophies were affected)

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 9:36 PM, Cpt_v0kA said:

Not sure about that, Judge...

Anyway I bought it already and I might skip it as well

I agree that it's very possible the servers could go down without warning but 100% it is worth a try right now - especially since you bought them. I also did the InFamous 2 online trophies around a month ago. Since the shutdown scare last week, there has been achievers of the online trophies last few days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

I agree that it's very possible the servers could go down without warning but 100% it is worth a try right now - especially since you bought them. I also did the InFamous 2 online trophies around a month ago. Since the shutdown scare last week, there has been achievers of the online trophies last few days. 

I completely agree, particularly if you have bought them- I did Infamous 2 just the other week with little issues. However Infamous Festival of Blood I'm having no luck getting onto the servers - however the latest achiever started and finished the game in just over 3 hours- appearing to have no server problems. It really is just luck of the draw I think- so it's worth admitting that there is a moderate amount of risk to starting it now - so it's really up to the person as to whether you give it a go or not. I've really enjoyed the Infamous series however so I would say it's still worth a go.

• Like 1

On 5.5.2017 at 4:30 PM, Greenshyguy said:

Good idea. I'm sure we're all guilty of putting aside a game because of online trophies with the intention of returning to it some day ... and then realising the servers are closed/closing :P 

That's why i try and do the online trophies first :D

Offline i can always go back to later.

• Like 1

During the play (Infamous FoB), I had strange behavior. When I completed the story I saw a few UGC missions on a map, but I was unable to start them. I tried to contact a few last trophy achievers. They said they started mission from search in the pause menu. I thought about deleting all saves and starting this game one more time in one sitting. If I get access to missions again, on the map, I will try to do them from the search submenu.

On 24/06/2020 at 5:01 PM, DK33per said:

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on PS4 appears to have been delisted from the PlayStation Store in some regions.

I've checked my region (UK), and one other, and it's gone.

The PS3 version still appears to be available on the UK store.

I can't be sure if this permanent, but it's worth keeping an eye out for possible delisting and/or server closures.

UPDATE ON TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) has been now been re-listed on the PS Store (see links below).

UK Store (£24.99): https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-CUSA00109_00-000000TOMBRAIDER

US Store ($29.99): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA00107_00-000000TOMBRAIDER

• Like 2

16 hours ago, biokam said:

During the play (Infamous FoB), I had strange behavior. When I completed the story I saw a few UGC missions on a map, but I was unable to start them. I tried to contact a few last trophy achievers. They said they started mission from search in the pause menu. I thought about deleting all saves and starting this game one more time in one sitting. If I get access to missions again, on the map, I will try to do them from the search submenu.

Unfortunately I have to report that I just tried this and it didn’t work. Deleted my save, even deleted the game and redownloaded it, played through the story in one sitting, went into the search menu and... no luck. Still “ugc server login failed”. Ugh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, wasn't it shut down months ago?

PS3, yes. I've read something about Gonespy that you might be able to revive servers for PS Vita version of Mortal Kombat..? In that topic, it was under "Games to be tested". PS Vita might still have a slight chance but we don't know it yet. Here's the topic I'm talking about:

On 27/06/2020 at 2:38 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Not a server shutdown but content from Destiny 2 is gonna be removed, like the planets Mercury, Io, Mars, Titan and Leviathan.

Only 3 planets will be left to play. Take what I say with a grain of salt, just something I heard from a friend, haven't played the game myself or followed the news.

Here's an article though:
https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/9/21284192/destiny-2-content-vault-of-glass-cosmodrome-old-location-beyond-light-year-4

September 22 is when the new content comes out and the old stuff will be put away.

So most likely some trophies be unobtainable.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/09/destiny-2-beyond-light-begins-a-new-era-for-the-mmo-shooter-september-22/

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/49167

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49189

If someone else can investigate who is more familiar with the trophies and the game, let us know.

As someone who has played games with trophy requirements that have changed severely. Yes Bungie is very proactive in making sure they don't break trophies for players. But and a real big BUT they haven't talked about how this vaulting will affect the game directly yet. It could be a case that some trophies may actually be harder to obtain after, depending upon the new requirements or the way they transfer quests and items over to the new expansion.

Personally too I find the whole vaulting of entire playable areas extremely questionable from a MMO standard (something they still try to play the game off as). Content does get vaulted usually with new expansions in smaller chunks but to me at least it's a bit controversial to see a game actually locking away part of its main/original campaign like this.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

21 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, wasn't it shut down months ago?

14 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Those servers were shutdown in May of this year.

You two are right.

I was playing yesterday and I tried to play against other people but I couldn't. So I came to this topic to see the list of "confirmed shutdowns" and since Mortal Kombat wasn't listed anywhere and the main thread was updated on June 17... well... that's why I said it.