Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 7/14/2020 at 2:35 AM, TheMarkopoloShow said:

Wow, what a shame. After having so much fun and many hours in D1, I got the special edition of D2. I am now disappointed haha. Didn't even know they could do that, just remove content that was paid for.

It's still possibly that they could revamp/change the trophies. 

I've added the new date for WWE and Destiny 2 to the list, after researching more there's a considerable risk of many main story missions trophies being unobtainable after the vaulting happens. Not sure if they are going to revamp the trophies because they could argue that the main story missions might come back some time in the future as the vaulting is cyclic.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:35 PM, TheMarkopoloShow said:

Wow, what a shame. After having so much fun and many hours in D1, I got the special edition of D2. I am now disappointed haha. Didn't even know they could do that, just remove content that was paid for.

Well, they have a reasonable argument that main story missions occupy 5% of HDD space and had only 0.3% of Destiny 2 playtime last year. This content is also not relevant anymore to the current stage of the MMO and D2 is already taking more than 100gb of players HDD.

I see that as a good commercial decision, just hope that something nice can be done to the trophies (however as we are a minority in PSN, they can just don't give a fuck about trophies)

5 minutes ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

@EdinhoN If it's not there yet, make sure you mark Dante's Inferno as closed. For now...

Well, I don't know if it's worth adding as it had no official shutdown announced, it didn't even appear on EA Services website.

The point of this thread is to save future unobtainable trophies more than tracking what is already down, out of our reach.

For unobtainable trophies I recommend this thread in .org

On 7/14/2020 at 2:35 AM, TheMarkopoloShow said:

Full games get shutdown, some with notice (bravo Naughty Dog), others without any notice (looking at you Activision..).

Likewise MMOs and other types of games can get reworked and whole portions of the games reworked, either having the trophies redesigned (Overwatch, Paladins) or leaving them unobtainable.

It is a reality that all trophy hunters that play online games should be painfully aware of.

As a consumer and buyer of a game it was never, and never will be, your right to have access to all content that was ever released for a game for all of eternity, it's a semi-permanent/temporary thing and it's often written down in the end-user agreement when buying a physical copy of a game or signing up for a service that provides you with that game.

Now some good news, it seems that the DCV which was gonna scrap "old content" from Destiny 2 has been postponed due to COVID:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/07/16/destiny-2-has-delayed-its-beyond-light-expansion-in-part-due-to-covid-lockdown/

So we all have a bit more time to get that basegame platinum, and surely the Forsaken DLC will remain more or less as it is I would assume.
I would say get the Seal The Deal DLC trophy if you're close as some of the prerequisites there might get reworked, but I'm just working off personal conjecture here.

If you're fast and good, have a team ready for the Leviathan raid you might beat my time to platinum (2w 4d), good luck. :D

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

15 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Snip.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49340

They've announced a delay for the Destiny 2 Expansion to November 10th now and he current Season will be extended to that date. So it can be taken that the vaulting will no longer happen in September now since it was to be done for the expansion's arrival.

Should give alot of people plenty of time to catch up on any and all content they need.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

"Don't worry, they're being republished by Spike Chunsoft since they self-publish their games now. This is only happening on PSN because it's the only platform where NISA publish(ed) Danganronpa. I'd expect them to be available for purchase again within a week of them being removed at most."

Copy-pasted by the comments below the news.

There's still a chance that the re-published games will appear as a separate trophy list rather than sharing the original list. To be safe, anyone interested should buy any digital-only games from the list prior to delisting.

Edit: Doesn't look like any of them are digital-only, so no risk.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Now some good news, it seems that the DCV which was gonna scrap "old content" from Destiny 2 has been postponed due to COVID:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/07/16/destiny-2-has-delayed-its-beyond-light-expansion-in-part-due-to-covid-lockdown/

So we all have a bit more time to get that basegame platinum, and surely the Forsaken DLC will remain more or less as it is I would assume.
I would say get the Seal The Deal DLC trophy if you're close as some of the prerequisites there might get reworked, but I'm just working off personal conjecture here.

If you're fast and good, have a team ready for the Leviathan raid you might beat my time to platinum (2w 4d), good luck. :D

Would you say it's possible to get 100% in D2 before November 10th?

7 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

That's the platinum (he didn't specify DLC too which is a much bigger grind).

Fair, my bad. Quick research says potentially about 40hrs for the DLC. Depending on how much time you have I'd say it's certainly possible to do, considering even an hour a day from now would mean you could spend over 100 hours on it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RNumbers said:

There's still a chance that the re-published games will appear as a separate trophy list rather than sharing the original list. To be safe, anyone interested should buy any digital-only games from the list prior to delisting.

Edit: Doesn't look like any of them are digital-only, so no risk.

Looks at Sherlock Holmes lists

5 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

It's incredibly possible to even get it if it was still September for new expansion. Any new character automatically starts at 750 light level now with their starting gear, most content end game content is at around 1050ish but the older content may have lower requirements still at no more then mid 900s required.

The only reason that the longer date is a benefit is because of players that don't just want to want to play the game but also experience the full story before the new expansion or farm exotics which some quests can be time limited to specific activities. (Also a certain number of which required for one trophy.) The exotics can be what makes this game easier at times so getting certain ones before possibly getting removed in Beyond Light is importantbif more trophies will be added. (Some longer exotic quests too can take upwards of 15 hours even depending on player/Fireteam skill level as they require even upto 15-18 different steps/quests/objectives through the game world.

7 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Yes, also keep in mind that the Forsaken DLC is going nowhere after the DCV on November 10th, as far as I know.
So just getting the platinum and possibly some quests/exotics that will get vaulted is enough, can always wait with the DLC trophies until later or get the DLC trophy pack partially completed until the DCV.

1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Yes, also keep in mind that the Forsaken DLC is going nowhere after the DCV on November 10th, as far as I know.
So just getting the platinum and possibly some quests/exotics that will get vaulted is enough, can always wait with the DLC trophies until later or get the DLC trophy pack partially completed until the DCV.

It's not disappearing but several exotics have missions tied to the core planets getting vaulted and some weapons and armor are getting vaulted as well when the season ends. It's best to get that out of the way as substitutions haven't been given yet and vaulting may make the game harder. There was also talk by Bungie of sunsetting alot of armor people own (even legendary ones) as a balancing for the new expansion meaning people will be weaker then before when it hits.