Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Hey for anyone interested in Games of Glory I added some info to the tips thread below that may help with optimization for the 500 win trophies. I did a self boost of two consoles last night for seven hours (actually playing no afk or rubber banding.) Basically on my optimized averages it's possible to get this completed in around 100 hours though I put it at more 120-130 hours due to mental fatigue from the repetition or if combined with some with the afk/rubber banding. Pending the servers stay stable the game's list can be completed in the month given by most people.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Question regarding Defiance 2050: ¿Can the plat be obtained in a reasonable amount of time from this date until April 29 or is a lost cause. P.D: I have the PS3 version, if i manage to stabilize my PS3 internet issues, consider me in for boosting.

The plat is not obtainable in Defiance 2050 so don't bother starting it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to issue a warning here for everybody: The servers for LittleBigPlanet 1, 2 and 3 have been DDOS'd and have been down for days, with no official social media accounts or the game's community manager giving any updates or acknowledgments. It seems like there's a genuine chance the servers will just be abandoned.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AwkwardFantasy said:

Just want to issue a warning here for everybody: The servers for LittleBigPlanet 1, 2 and 3 have been DDOS'd and have been down for days, with no official social media accounts or the game's community manager giving any updates or acknowledgments. It seems like there's a genuine chance the servers will just be abandoned.

Does this also affect LBP Vita?

25 minutes ago, AwkwardFantasy said:

i don't think that the servers will stay in that state for long. The last title of LBP was Sackboy Adventure for PS5.

LBP1/2 and the PS3 version of 3 will probably be announced for closures this year. They'll leave the PS4 version up because BC on PS5.

Maybe they'll shut down the Vita version too. I'm actually surprised how many Vita games are still up after all these years. Then again I don't know how many besides Unit 13 use some form of a dedicated server.

Edit: Since I'm here I should probably also mention that Trove could potentially be on the chopping block.

They're shutting down all the Defiance games everywhere. They recently fired their head devs of the PC only MMO Rift so I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a shut down for that too. Trion seems to be melting down.

Trove can be done relatively quick if you can get help and maybe spend some real money on micro-transactions.

Edited by mcnichoj
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ahmwe said:

There is an update on their Twitter page said “ we are working hard to resolve servers issue & we expect to resume servers at the end of this month “ but does that include 1,2 & 3 ?  

What do you think?

Likely, they restore everything (except for Karting) back to service and like mcnichoj said, we'll see end of life / termination on the PS3 and Vita entries at some point with the PS4 version of LBP3 possibly staying up longer.

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

What do you think?

Likely, they restore everything (except for Karting) back to service and like mcnichoj said, we'll see end of life / termination on the PS3 and Vita entries at some point with the PS4 version of LBP3 possibly staying up longer.

Yeah they didn’t mention which one they said “ LBP server “ as general so I believe they will bring them all back except for karting for sure hmm ? but who knows maybe they will say only PS4 PS5 version . 

7 hours ago, ahmwe said:

Yeah they didn’t mention which one they said “ LBP server “ as general so I believe they will bring them all back except for karting for sure hmm 1f914.png but who knows maybe they will say only PS4 PS5 version . 

They only mention a general server because again LBP 1, 2 and 3 are all hosted on the same servers.

Now the only thing I will question is when the servers are back if all the levels may be intact. It could be possible their might be some data loss.

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nostos is closing down on June 16th but the game has already been delisted everywhere and it's possible that all 5 trophies are bugged to hell, because no-one has earned any of them in the 4 months game has been out :(: https://steamcommunity.com/games/943150/announcements/detail/3061856154336090125

Apparently it has a few achievements bugged on Steam too.

As no trophies are currently obtainable (the game seems like a huge buggy mess), I'd say it's not worth to add it to the shutdown list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Nostos is closing down on June 16th but the game has already been delisted everywhere and it's possible that all 5 trophies are bugged to hell, because no-one has earned any of them in the 4 months game has been out :(: https://steamcommunity.com/games/943150/announcements/detail/3061856154336090125

Looks like it's better off gone almost. Seems there reviews are incredibly negative.

• Like 1

Totally random question but why does some Fifa games became unobtainable while some are still achievable?

They got the same FUT features, no?

Edit: Ignore this comment, I was looking at outdated information

Edited by CsabelitoHUN
messed up, sorry
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CsabelitoHUN said:

Totally random question but why does some Fifa games became unobtainable why some are still achievable?

A lot of sport games getting released every year, and there's no real reason to keep old titles servers up.

that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing those kind of games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mataningo said:

A lot of sport games getting released every year, and there's no real reason to keep old titles servers up.

that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing those kind of games.

Sorry, I had a big misunderstanding, I thought that FIFA 15 was randomly still an achievable platinum but I was wrong, I edited my comment

20 minutes ago, CsabelitoHUN said:

Totally random question but why does some Fifa games became unobtainable why some are still achievable?

It basically depends on what trophies were in the game related to multiplayer and what features were lost/closed with the server closure.

This link here shows what's games or features if only that are removed from most games.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

P.S. I know there was a rumor going around last year that Fifa games getting removed soon from EA Play may be planned for a sudden server closure by haven't heard any confirmations yet.

9 minutes ago, CsabelitoHUN said:

Sorry, I had a big misunderstanding, I thought that FIFA 15 was randomly still an achievable platinum but I was wrong, I edited my comment

Technically if you got most of the trophies, and only missing a few, there's a chance that you can still obtain the platinum.

some features are getting disabled and that's the reason why it cannot be achievable anymore by any means.

EDIT: That was the case for me with FIFA15 and I worked this out and got the plat 5 years later.

Edited by mataningo