Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

36 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

PS4/NA - Qurare: Magic Library - 31st of August, 2017 (This game seems like a really really really really grindy one. I didn't find a good estimate for its trophies, but certainly more than 100

I don't own this game, but I thought it needed clarification.  100 what?  trophies? Days? Hours?

Thanks for the thread.

Oh, I just reread it, and it seems to bleed into the JP version.  100 hours, I guess?

Edited by dmsleight
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

There's already another thread about this but the OP refuses to update it. 

This'll have to replace it. 

Great work on the formatting btw. 

Yes, the other thread hasn't be updated in a while, also even PST's one is not that well updated, missing too much info.

6 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

I don't own this game, but I thought it needed clarification.  100 what?  trophies? Days? Hours?

Thanks for the thread.

Oh, I just reread it, and it seems to bleed into the JP version.  100 hours, I guess?

My bad, I think the formatting got screwed when I pasted the post here =P I'll fix that

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

PSV - Modnation Racers Roadtrip - 1st of July, 2017 (Lenghty community trophies, however there is a great group here, under gaming sessions. Be careful, there is an Ad-Hoc trophy which requires a downloaded track, which will probably be potentially missable after the shutdown).

When you are refering to the Beat Down-trophy:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1329-modnation-racers-road-trip/31-beat-down

That trophy doesn't require you to play on a user-generated track. You can also choose one that's part of the base game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

When you are refering to the Beat Down-trophy:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1329-modnation-racers-road-trip/31-beat-down

That trophy doesn't require you to play on a user-generated track. You can also choose one that's part of the base game.

Thanks for the extra info, I'll change that in my post then. I haven't tested the ad-hoc (will probably do it tomorrow with a friend), so that's why I put it as potentially missable

Hey, great thread. Awesome work.

Maybe it is better to separate the systems for a better overview.

Project Cars.... oh really?!^^

*edit:

Ah, a chronologically thread. Definitely a better option. Please stay with that and ignore my suggestion. ;D

Edited by tagiXD

21 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

How likely is a game like SSFIV (PS3) servers to shut down? This is one of the few games I have not completed the online trophies and I'm getting worried because it is very old.

That is a very hard guess, but we're seeing more and more shutdowns coming in the last months, so I'd advise for everybody to complete any games they have with online trophies cause many might come without warning. Sometimes old games stay opened for years and sometimes games are shut down with less than year, as an example, Kill Strain

55 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

How likely is a game like SSFIV (PS3) servers to shut down? This is one of the few games I have not completed the online trophies and I'm getting worried because it is very old.

Nah, it won't happen so early, though. More easy MK9 to be shutdown. 

Nice one!...I always keep ma eyes on that PSTrophies.org thread but sometimes I forget to go there,since I come here more often this oughta help.Seeing Road Trip there is quite sad...another plat I'll miss.I really need to give priority to old games.

You want proof a game can shut down within a number of months, just look at Dead Star.

But wow. So many sports titles.

Not worth going after those unless you don't care about unobtainable platinums or you're dedicated enough to go after them.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Guys, is there a way that this topic gets stickied or more exposure? Just found some guys asking in another topic for a list of upcoming shutdowns, so it would be nice if people had more access to this info here ?

Are you sure Project Cars is actually shutting down? Because ceasing to send challenges doesn't mean server shutdown. For example, MotorStorm Apocalypse for the PS3 had Weekly Challenges, now they're no longer active, but online play (and Platinum, which didn't require them, though) is still available.

Also "we're seeing more and more shutdowns coming in the last months"... it's always the same dozen of useless crap (mostly sports/mobile) every few months or so. There are still games with servers active since 2007 or before lol.

Edited by T87
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, T87 said:

Are you sure Project Cars is actually shutting down? Because ceasing to send challenges doesn't mean server shutdown. For example, MotorStorm Apocalypse had Weekly Challenges, now they're no longer active, but online play (and Platinum, which didn't require them, though) is still available.

Also "we're seeing more and more shutdowns coming in the last months"... it's always the same dozen of useless crap (mostly sports/mobile) every few months or so. There are still games with servers active since 2007 or before lol.

You've got a point there! Project Cars servers are going to stay up for online play, however the plat will be unobtainable due to the challenges, so I'll make that change in the original post, thanks for noticing this.

Actually, of course the list has a majority of sports games, but we're starting to notice the companies dropping a lot of online servers for old games. Since last year, more and more non-sport yearly games have been shutdown, so we should expect the number rising as PS4 consolidates each time more. PS3 will be considered more and more obsolete by Sony and other companies, and we'll start getting more unobtainable platinums.

You must not forget that from companies' viewpoint, trophies are simply useless, so we could say that the announcement from Sony, was the biggest they have made (they are dropping games like Sports Champions, which if I remember correctly had only leaderboards features).

From my point of view as I have been hunting all the shutting down servers in the last few years, it tends only to increase in the near future. Just an assumption which might be wrong (hopefully it is), but we can't think the community cares a single bit for trophies. Dedicated trophy hunters are less than 1% of the whole PSN.

On 5/5/2017 at 1:13 PM, EdinhoN said:

That is a very hard guess, but we're seeing more and more shutdowns coming in the last months

Since you're keeping track of this, could you actually keep track of how many shut downs there are in each month and then go back and see how many there were in previous months? In my last research, there were peaks and valleys, but largely the same number of shutdowns relative to the number of games released.

53 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Guys, is there a way that this topic gets stickied or more exposure? Just found some guys asking in another topic for a list of upcoming shutdowns, so it would be nice if people had more access to this info here 1f604.png

We really just need a sticky of how to use the fucking search function already in the forums. ;)