Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

32 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I would assume that they will also shut down Hot Pursuit. 

At the end of this post, they mention all the NFS Games that will still work online. And it's all the games from 2012 onwards. Hot Pursuit isn't mentioned there and its actually older than The Run, which is confirmed to shut down. Also with the Remaster out, there is really no point in keeping the ps3 servers active. 

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but better be safe than sorry. 

It's true Hot Pursuit (released in 2010) wasn't mentioned in their Twitter message about the NFS games still online beyond August 31 but checking the EA Online Services Update website, only the listed games (Undercover, Shift, Shift 2: Unleashed, The Run, and Carbon) were listed for shutdown on Aug. 31.  

I agree, though, Hot Pursuit would likely be a good candidate for server shutdown sooner rather than later since it's about 11 years old, NFS titles newer than it are shutting down sooner, and it has a PS4 remaster version.  What I'm saying is, I don't think they missed it in the message and that NFS: HP is still online...for now.  My guess is NFS: HP is popular enough to stay online at the moment, but encouraging NFS gamers to look at the newer titles instead.

Edited by Paperclip1776
corrected grammar
  • Like 2

i think i still need to finish the DLC trophy's for the run. but that will involve finding one of my ps3 cords and hoping the lobby is empty. i'll just have to try and do that before the month is up starting in june, i do agree that they're not giving much notice (have 2 month's to finish up anything online related).

Edited by kingdrake2

11 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Kind of shitty to not warn a week in advance at the very minumum of the delistings.

Eh I think Shift 2 was the only one of the lot with a dedicated online community still anyways. But with how quickly it all was pulled I imagine the delistings could've been part of an expired license for either cars or companies represented in them.

• Like 1

Operation 7 Showdown has major matchmaking issues, you can't play the game, it keeps finding the match until it times out, no idea if this is temporary or devs won't care (shutdown date is August 1st, game's already delisted)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Varhur said:

Operation 7 Showdown has major matchmaking issues, you can't play the game, it keeps finding the match until it times out, no idea if this is temporary or devs won't care (shutdown date is August 1st, game's already delisted)

I got confirmation from someone in my trophy boosting group that's it hasn't matched for them either last couple days.

6 hours ago, Varhur said:

yeah i can confirm that too. Luckily i was able to finish the last 5 matches on deathmatch

9 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

Switchblade still playable

This game was supposed to shut down on the 1st, wasn't it? i'm thinking about getting platinum if it's delayed or simply they forget and don't close it lul.

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

This game was supposed to shut down on the 1st, wasn't it? i'm thinking about getting platinum if it's delayed or simply they forget and don't close it lul.

this was 'reconsidered' at this date. And that it will atleast run until that date.

There was no hard shutdown announcement, but it would be the safest to finish the game before that date.

As the game literally has only 1 map, the season is over and not reactivated and lucid is focusing on destruction all stars. You could say they would decide to shut the server if they would 'reconsider' it. 

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Honestly this year there hasn't been many shutdowns that were definitely on time with their announcement. So I would put this more as they forgot it are just keeping it open for the time due to the influx of players. (Though right now I don't recommend starting the game if one hasn't done so yet.)

Currently there's no way to privately boost as there once was and when I finished it up last week alot of veteran players including top players started returning to push their global leaderboard scores up expecting the game to shut down.

Due to this expect a sharp difficult spike in matches if you end up randomly matching with these players.

45 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter mode will close in september 2021.

I don't know if this has an effect on trophies becoming unobtainable but hopefully others know more about the game.

Reaper does not like the idea of Fallout 76 becoming unobtainable

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

Reaper does not like the idea of Fallout 76 becoming unobtainable

Well, so far people replying are saying all trophies should still be obtainable so it should be safe! The Nuclear Winter mode is a battle royal mode.

I recently got it very cheap in a retail sale but I just finished Fallout New Vegas what was about 200h. So... I'm mentally not yet ready for another Fallout. Luckily most people say the game is a lot better then it was on release :) 

And good job on Far Cry 2! ;) 

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 0:47 PM, Kolm said:

Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter mode will close in september 2021.

I don't know if this has an effect on trophies becoming unobtainable but hopefully others know more about the game.

That mode will not effect any trophy out there but it will help you in PvP kills that’s it ^^

Fuse on PS3 shutdown without any warning, it confirmed by EA community manager also in EA help support. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/FUSE-ERROR-EA-ORGINS-SERVERS/td-p/10405827

• Like 4

I think you guys will be safe with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered on the PS4. The initial PS3 version on the other hand, get that online done while you still can. I feel it's going to be like what happened to Burnout Paradise. Just play the PS4 version, it looks better and runs better on the newer hardware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think you guys will be safe with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered on the PS4. The initial PS3 version on the other hand, get that online done while you still can. I feel it's going to be like what happened to Burnout Paradise. Just play the PS4 version, it looks better and runs better on the newer hardware.

Not to mention that the DLC on PS3 has been delisted for it and the DLC contained online trophies.