Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

36 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

He linked an image in the first page.

See underneath photo.

PY7VQJU.jpeg

Sad to see the servers gone, but damn this game was a total flop.

But unfortunately I am stuck with this trashfest since its on my list ?

Just finish it than. ?

Anyway, last call for the old Need for Speed games that are going down next Tuesday the 31st. Shift (2), The Run, Undercover and Carbon. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Can all trophies of Hardware Rivals be boosted?

You can't do anything in private matches, because the douchebag devs patched out that ability years ago so everything has to be done in public matches but I image the servers are completely dead at this point so boosting shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 4

Just now, HuntingFever said:

You can't do anything in private matches, because the douchebag devs patched out that ability years ago so everything has to be done in public matches but I image the servers are completely dead at this point so boosting shouldn't be an issue.

easy pass for me now, was thinking of doing it.

• Like 1

When PS4 came out they announced we would have to pay for online. When we complained saying that they were trying to rob us off like Xbox does to it's users, people said that they "need money to keep the servers of all games up". Which sounded like BS because we had free online in PS3 for years, but everyone seemed to agree that the money for PS Plus wasn't to get those dumb random rental games each month but it was to keep the online of every game.

I get why PS3 games are shutting down and I get why free to play games shut down also because those can be played by everyone not just PS Plus players. I even get why those FIFA and NBA games are shutting down because EA needs the players to move to their newer yearly release of those franchises that looks and play pretty much the same which means if they don't cut the online of the old ones, a lot of people people won't buy the new game and will stay on the old versions.

But why is a pay to play game, that was even given to those PS Plus subscribers to enjoy of those online servers, shutting down? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GregHouse007 said:

When PS4 came out they announced we would have to pay for online. When we complained saying that they were trying to rob us off like Xbox does to it's users, people said that they "need money to keep the servers of all games up". Which sounded like BS because we had free online in PS3 for years, but everyone seemed to agree that the money for PS Plus wasn't to get those dumb random rental games each month but it was to keep the online of every game.

I get why PS3 games are shutting down and I get why free to play games shut down also because those can be played by everyone not just PS Plus players. I even get why those FIFA and NBA games are shutting down because EA needs the players to move to their newer yearly release of those franchises that looks and play pretty much the same which means if they don't cut the online of the old ones, a lot of people people won't buy the new game and will stay on the old versions.

But why is a pay to play game, that was even given to those PS Plus subscribers to enjoy of those online servers, shutting down? 

Nobody playing it and I think they need to pay for servers

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GregHouse007 said:

The playerbase cratered pretty quickly and the removal of private boosting lobbies did nothing to improve matters so it was only a matter of time before the servers were closed :(.

On 26/08/2021 at 7:57 PM, GregHouse007 said:

If that were why Driveclub, Gravity Rush 2 and Drawn to Death would have servers online until today.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2021 at 6:57 PM, GregHouse007 said:

Because I hate to spill the truth but that game should've shut down like 6 months even after it was released. Seriously, the gameplay and controls were shit, it was a mediocre sequel to a mediocre PS2 game that no one asked for. The first game on the PS2 sold so poorly they had too bundle it with the network adapter after as a freebie, a spinoff on the PSP didn't even get to keep the series name just to distant itself and then just knowing that again this series would fail Sony offered it as a PS Plus just hoping it would get a player base of people saying hey check this out.

It's Sony's own IP and I'm glad they are killing it now. Games that have had almost zero players like this shouldn't be on life support for this long. Taking away server space from other much better Sony IPs like Twisted Metal, that people actually still regularly jumped on to play before it closed.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS3 shutting down May 31st, 2022 per 

Source: https://www.konami.com/mg/jp/info/870/#en

Target Services
・METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
・METAL GEAR ONLINE

Looks like 1 trophy impacted, according to TT flags:
Intruder

According to the trophy guide here on PSNP both Intruder and Deterrence are online trophies.

Deterrence is online because "You have to be connected online to earn the trophy, the timer will stay at 1 minute if you are not online."
We can't easily find out if just signed in to PSN is sufficient for the trophy or that the MGSV servers also has to be reachable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS3 shutting down May 31st, 2022 per 

Source: https://www.konami.com/mg/jp/info/870/#en

Target Services
・METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
・METAL GEAR ONLINE

Looks like 1 trophy impacted, according to TT flags:
Intruder

There are 3 online trophies in MGS 5 i.e. Intruder, Deterrence and Disarmament

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

There are 3 online trophies in MGS 5 i.e. Intruder, Deterrence and Disarmament

Sneaky but after reading the description, the Disarmament should indeed also be marked as online!
Reason: You need to dispose of a nuke and you can only require that through an online FOB mission or making it by yourself which also requires online.

PSNP Guide is wrong on that one...

• Like 2