Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Anyone think Konami will start to wind down Metal Gear Solid V PS4 servers after PS3 servers shut down? Why just the PS3 servers?

The MGS 5 PS4 servers will close eventually but I imagine the playerbase is still large enough to justify keeping them up. To be honest, I'd be more concerned about Peacewalker and Survive closing down, because those servers can't be very active at this stage in their respective life cycles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Anyone think Konami will start to wind down Metal Gear Solid V PS4 servers after PS3 servers shut down? Why just the PS3 servers?

My guess is that the PS4 microtransactions still sell and therefore it's worth it to them to keep the servers up. If they'll shut down the PS4 version then I'm sure Metal Gear Survive would follow soon after.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Sneaky but after reading the description, the Disarmament should indeed also be marked as online!
Reason: You need to dispose of a nuke and you can only require that through an online FOB mission or making it by yourself which also requires online.

PSNP Guide is wrong on that one...

I would agree that it should be marked as such, since you need to be online to develop the nuke, but you could make an argument that disarming it technically does not require an internet connection AFAIK. Either way, anybody going for the trophy should set a timer for when the nuke developes and disarm it right after as there is a high chance those going for the Peace ending will steal it quite fast, especially with a low level FOB.

48 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

My guess is that the PS4 microtransactions still sell and therefore it's worth it to them to keep the servers up. If they'll shut down the PS4 version then I'm sure Metal Gear Survive would follow soon after.

I don't see the PS4 version shutting down anytime soo. Most people here would be clueless to this fact, since there are no trophies involved, but the online portion of the game has a very passionate/dedicated player base on PC/XB1/PS4. Plenty of people still play daily. 

Oddly, Microtransactions really don't do much for this game outside of speeding up research. I have thousands of extra coins just from logging in, and I've used a bunch too (Never bought any)

8 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I don't see the PS4 version shutting down anytime soo. Most people here would be clueless to this fact, since there are no trophies involved, but the online portion of the game has a very passionate/dedicated player base on PC/XB1/PS4. Plenty of people still play daily. 

Oddly, Microtransactions really don't do much for this game outside of speeding up research. I have thousands of extra coins just from logging in, and I've used a bunch too (Never bought any)

MGS Survive is online only, therefore every single trophy would be rendered unobtainable if the servers closed. Edit: Your post is confusingly worded and it isn't clear which game you're talking about, which is why I thought you were talking about MGS: Survive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

33 minutes ago, Varhur said:

https://www.konami.com/mg/jp/info/871/

Ground Zeroes is getting shutdown too, does this has any online stuff in it or everything's doable offline?

It seems that one DOES include PS4 servers.

I haven't played it myself but from what i can find after a quick google search:

There will be no standard multiplayer mode in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, however there will be many online elements designed to enhance your game. You’ll be able to compete against your friends in online rankings and compare game progress and achievements. Who will be the ultimate player in this game of tactical action espionage?

So there shouldn't be any online trophies, however i don't know if having an online connection makes some trophies easier or not.

1 hour ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I haven't played it myself but from what i can find after a quick google search:

There will be no standard multiplayer mode in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, however there will be many online elements designed to enhance your game. You’ll be able to compete against your friends in online rankings and compare game progress and achievements. Who will be the ultimate player in this game of tactical action espionage?

So there shouldn't be any online trophies, however i don't know if having an online connection makes some trophies easier or not.

I will test it out .

• Like 2

fairly certain Deterrence (and Disarmament) can be done offline, although it's less practical.

• You need sufficient offline resources, which are much grindier to get than online resources
  • Offline research timers only count down when you're playing the game, so you'd have to wait ~24h of gameplay before the nuke develops
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

MGS Survive is online only, therefore every single trophy would be rendered unobtainable if the servers closed.

I'm well aware of that, not sure what your point is.... My response was about the PS4 version of Phantom Pain. 

5 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

My guess (And it's only a guess):

When you play GZ, you can upload your save to Phantom Pain and unlock some unique items in the game that way. So, if you want the unique unlocks you should have your save from GZ uploaded before the server shuts down. (Unlike many games it's not a one time upload, you can upload updates as you progress) You should also DL the save to Phantom Pain. 

None of that makes anything easier, it's just cool to have more stuff IMO...You shouldn't need any online connection to pop trophies in GZ. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

On 31-8-2021 at 7:07 PM, hore said:

fairly certain Deterrence (and Disarmament) can be done offline, although it's less practical.

• You need sufficient offline resources, which are much grindier to get than online resources
  • Offline research timers only count down when you're playing the game, so you'd have to wait ~24h of gameplay before the nuke develops

From what I understood after more research and talking with others: If you play the game unpatched, then the 2 nuke trophies are fully obtainable offline and might be more annoying to get that way. But still 100% offline.

But once you're on patch 1.04 or later, you need to be online during the last minute of the research timer or else it'll stay on 1 minute instead of completing the research. So if playing the game fully patched those trophies are online trophies.

Edit: Only the 2 nuke related trophies are apparently possible offline, the trophy for invading an online FOB still remains an online trophy so you need the online if you want to platinum the game from scratch.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm well aware of that, not sure what your point is.... My response was about the PS4 version of Phantom Pain. 

My guess (And it's only a guess):

When you play GZ, you can upload your save to Phantom Pain and unlock some unique items in the game that way. So, if you want the unique unlocks you should have your save from GZ uploaded before the server shuts down. (Unlike many games it's not a one time upload, you can upload updates as you progress) You should also DL the save to Phantom Pain. 

None of that makes anything easier, it's just cool to have more stuff IMO...You shouldn't need any online connection to pop trophies in GZ. 

You are right, all the enemies and POWs you have rescued/kidnapped will be available in TPP but none of them have high stats, they will be replaced by soldiers with better stats sooner than later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kolm said:

From what I understood after more research and talking with others: If you play the game unpatched, then the 2 nuke trophies are fully obtainable offline and might be more annoying to get that way. But still 100% offline.

But once you're on patch 1.04 or later, you need to be online during the last minute of the research timer or else it'll stay on 1 minute instead of completing the research. So if playing the game fully patched those trophies are online trophies.

Thank you for the confirmation that it should at least still be possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kolm said:

So the 100% would be still obtainable? That's great news!

29 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Stranger Things 3: The Game has been delisted from PlayStation Stores.

My concern about it two weeks ago was right. :(

And this is terrible news. Shit I wanted to buy this eventually. Don't know if there are physical copies out there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

And this is terrible news. Shit I wanted to buy this eventually. Don't know if there are physical copies out there

Limited Run Games did physicals and Best Buy has a variant cover of it still in stock and on clearance (so likely not in stock for too much longer)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/stranger-things-3-the-game-standard-edition-playstation-4-playstation-5/6395589.p?skuId=6395589

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GamingToups said:

Limited Run Games did physicals and Best Buy has a variant cover of it still in stock and on clearance (so likely not in stock for too much longer)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/stranger-things-3-the-game-standard-edition-playstation-4-playstation-5/6395589.p?skuId=6395589

Thanks for the info. I can see this one getting to, and staying at really expensive prices.

44 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Stranger Things 3: The Game has been delisted from PlayStation Stores.

My concern about it two weeks ago was right. :(

Damn this sucks for people wanting to play it, I had a fun time with it last year. Hopefully they will make a new one with a similar style when the next season releases. Limited run copies might go up in price now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Thank you for the confirmation that it should at least still be possible.

8 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Beware that apart from the 2 nuke trophies that there's one other trophy that is online: Invade an online FOB base.

So even if the 2 nuke trophies can be done offline if playing without patches, you still need to get that FOB trophy online so getting the platinum requires online!

And the info I got is from other people/forums, I wasn't yet able to test this myself :)

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2